Page 50 of 165 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer View Post
    Can someone confirm for me that the 2.72 version says '2.6' in the About screen?
    2.72 should say 2.72 on the about screen. I had a similar problem, I would download a new copy using Firefox and it kept showing 2.71, even though 2.72 was out.

I ended up using Google chrome to download it and finally got a copy of 2.72. I think for some reason Firefox was downloading a cached copy instead of the latest copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unite View Post
    When I try to install the browser patches I get the following error both in webosqi and preware.
    How can I make it work? Thank you in advance.
    Jason said this is fixed in QI 2.73

Quote Originally Posted by jayhajj View Post
    Hello,
    When using WebOS Quick Install 2.71 to apply the "Browser multi-mod" tweak, I get the error below.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$reg$

Quote Originally Posted by jayhajj View Post
    I guess I'll just use the Doctor to restore to 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yikes, don't doctor for this error. Upcoming v2.73 should correct the issue
    Still can't get this to work since upgrading from 2.6 to 2.7.. keep getting that "ERROR: No Device Found" message..

- I verified "USB Device" is selected under File -> Options
    - I verified "Palm Novacom" is running under "services.msc" (and even stoped and restarted it on numerous occasions)
    - I restarted my computer
    - I verified the phone is in DevMode (and even disabled and re-enabled it on several occasions)
    - I verified once plugged in that I selected "Just Charge"
    - I even tried the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button, but when I click it nothing happens..

I'm using XP, and completely confused as to why this isn't working.. I attempted the directions to manually reinstall Novacom thinking that might fix it, but those instructions were for Windows 7, so I wasn't sure which of the .MSI files to edit..
    Hey is anyone experiencing issues with there Pre shutting off when you close the slider to fast or when placing it down on the table. It appears when I close the slider a abruptly will turns the photo off and I have to reboot. Or if I'm placing it down and it slips inches from the table it will shut-off. Anyone have the same troubles or is this just a safety function built in the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo1631 View Post
    Hey all, I just installed quick install 2.7 and love all the tweaks/features. However, I am having one issue after installation. I may have missed this issue throughout the posts but hopefully someone can provide a solution. After i installed the tweaks, the body of all of my emails are not showing up for 10-15 seconds. Or, I have to click the reply option and then switch back to the original card with the email for the body of the email to show up. Has anyone else seen this and if so, how do I fix it? Thanks so much.
    This happened to me too and i dont know if there is any fix for this...and i agree, it's very annoying to wait a long time for the body of my email to show up...but oh well, i work graveyard so i've got nothing but time on my hands..sometimes...but i would like to know how to fix it as well.
    I'm having an issue with the Hide NFL and Nascar patches... They seemed to work fine with 1.2.1 the first day, but they came back, in a different launcher page, and now removing the patch and reapplying it doesn't work, because when I try to reinstall it after removing it I get this error:

I also initially was getting an error when trying to remove the patches, but now I can't replicate it... This is on my Pre, not the emulator...
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    Still can't get this to work since upgrading from 2.6 to 2.7.. keep getting that "ERROR: No Device Found" message..

- I verified "USB Device" is selected under File -> Options
    - I verified "Palm Novacom" is running under "services.msc" (and even stoped and restarted it on numerous occasions)
    - I restarted my computer
    - I verified the phone is in DevMode (and even disabled and re-enabled it on several occasions)
    - I verified once plugged in that I selected "Just Charge"
    - I even tried the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button, but when I click it nothing happens..

I'm using XP, and completely confused as to why this isn't working.. I attempted the directions to manually reinstall Novacom thinking that might fix it, but those instructions were for Windows 7, so I wasn't sure which of the .MSI files to edit..
    How about trying to plug your usb to a different port....sometimes that helps for me and sometimes, it also takes a long time for the computer to recognize the device that you plug in, so maybe giving it a little time after you plug it in in your computer.....like saying you plug it in and get up and make yourself a samwich or sumfin....juz saying.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Ok guys, I've done a bit more testing over night. Here's what I found...

Since my PC wasn't working with WebOSQI I decided to try it on my wife's laptop. Downloaded everything to her Win XP Pro 32bit lapper, and I cam up empty again. Same symptoms as on my PC: QI Simply freezes up when selecting something like Tools>Tweaks.. etc... It just freezes the program and I have to kill it via task manager.

So, I have a friends laptop at my house as I'm supposed to reformat the drive and upgrade Windoze on it this week. It's currently running Vista Pro 32 bit. I dumped the files onto the pre as a USB Drive, ported them onto my friends laptop with Vista. Everything worked as it's supposed to. I was able to DL the Device Manager, Luna Manager, PreWare, and Filecoaster... Tried the virtual Keyboard but it gave me an error, and I was too tired to figure anything out at that point...

So, I have Preware, Filecoaster, and Luna Manager on the phone now. However, I still can't get QI to run correctly on MY computer. Extremely frustrating...

I propose there's a compatability issue between win XP Pro 32bit and WebOSQI. I'm just not sure what it is... Can anyone (hopefully) prove me wrong, and tell me you're running Win XP Pro 32bit and QI runs correctly for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post

Since my PC wasn't working with WebOSQI I decided to try it on my wife's laptop. Downloaded everything to her Win XP Pro 32bit lapper, and I cam up empty again. Same symptoms as on my PC: QI Simply freezes up when selecting something like Tools>Tweaks.. etc... It just freezes the program and I have to kill it via task manager.

So, I have a friends laptop at my house as I'm supposed to reformat the drive and upgrade Windoze on it this week. It's currently running Vista Pro 32 bit. I dumped the files onto the pre as a USB Drive, ported them onto my friends laptop with Vista. Everything worked as it's supposed to. I was able to DL the Device Manager, Luna Manager, PreWare, and Filecoaster... Tried the virtual Keyboard but it gave me an error, and I was too tired to figure anything out at that point...

So, I have Preware, Filecoaster, and Luna Manager on the phone now. However, I still can't get QI to run correctly on MY computer. Extremely frustrating...

I propose there's a compatability issue between win XP Pro 32bit and WebOSQI. I'm just not sure what it is... Can anyone (hopefully) prove me wrong, and tell me you're running Win XP Pro 32bit and QI runs correctly for you?
    I'm running it on XP Pro 32 bit, works fine.

i have winXp 32 bit on my Acer Netbook and it works fine for me.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Awesome!

So both of you have had success, that means there's a specific incompatability with my pc.

May I ask what Firewall and Anti-Virus you're both running? I disabled mine (ashampoo and Avast) and still had no success...
    Awesome!

So both of you have had success, that means there's a specific incompatability with my pc.

May I ask what Firewall and Anti-Virus you're both running? I disabled mine (ashampoo and Avast) and still had no success...

im using McAfee Security Suite sumfin.
    Awesome!

I'm using my work PC, firewall is through my work's proxy server, and antivirus is McAfee, but neither of those things would have any impact on a USB connection, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToreUpFrmDflorUp View Post
    How about trying to plug your usb to a different port....sometimes that helps for me and sometimes, it also takes a long time for the computer to recognize the device that you plug in, so maybe giving it a little time after you plug it in in your computer.....like saying you plug it in and get up and make yourself a samwich or sumfin....juz saying.
    This worked.. thanks!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmflouis View Post
    First, thank's a lot jason for your great work. I know i am not alone to thank you but i want to be part of them to thank you.

I do not remember if in the emulator we can adjust the language in regional setting and I also know that in you region bell do not give services but I think when something glich in WOSQI you would like to be aware of. Take it as an observation because this is not to put you on work after the type of week you passed to help all of us.

Those are in the french interface.

The first one is the label of : "Date et heure". There is no space between "et" and "heure". Example : "Date etheure".

Second regarding "LED notifications". In "Écran et verrouillage" the scrolling for "Luminosité" (brightness) disappear; The button to change the wallpaper does not work; the selector for advanced gestures is not there; the secure unlock is not there; the selector for notification "show when locked" is not there and the blinking led option and selector are not there to.

Thing to mention, if I pass in english language all selectors are there and if I activate the "blink notifications", even if I switch back in french it is working and took in account. When I receive notification it blink. When I use this tweak I have to switch momentarily in english to modify my selections.

Again keep the good work and thank you. Thank you again and I join one of the person in that forum and tell you that I am not a programmer so I could not build something like this but you permit us to have I more envoyable experience with the prprpré.

Best regards
    Hi, i'd like to add my thanks to Jason for the great work on this update. I get the same thing as cmflouis, on my side, i'm still at 1.2.0, when i go to update, it says that im at the latest version, i'll try to update later on, could that be help?

I'm starting to think that it is one of the resaons they were commented out the led blinking option, cause it was'n't fully complete for other languages. As of an effect, I'm using it in english, otherwise, the screnne and lock is not working in french.

For all the rest, it is a great program, i'll donate soon.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been discussed,I have the latest preware and Install 2.7,all patches work except keyboard,it will not install on device.it says mismatch md5sums(offlineroot mode:not runningorg.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.perm)any help much appreciated,thanks
    Hi, I downloaded webosdoctor, webos quick install, and when I was trying to install patches, it says, your device need package manager,gnu patch,diffstaff missing from my device and there was a option to download.I try to download it and error message came saying error while installing file.ipk and there is a suggestion to get ipkg update . how do i fix that?
    please guide. thanks
    Last edited by thakkarn; 10/06/2009 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlinge View Post
    Hey is anyone experiencing issues with there Pre shutting off when you close the slider to fast or when placing it down on the table. It appears when I close the slider a abruptly will turns the photo off and I have to reboot. Or if I'm placing it down and it slips inches from the table it will shut-off. Anyone have the same troubles or is this just a safety function built in the phone?
    wrong thread.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I know when getting ready for an update from Palm you should remove tweaks before updating. Do you also need to remove the files QI downloaded - GNU patch, Diffstat, and Package Manager Service or do those stay on the device?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I'm using my work PC, firewall is through my work's proxy server, and antivirus is McAfee, but neither of those things would have any impact on a USB connection, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    In theory it shouldn't, but many AV and Firewall progs discourage java apps from running correctly. It's been known to happen.