Page 5 of 165 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I installed webosdoctor from the link on page 1 and got 1.2.0. I know this because I DRed my phone and am installing the update. Is there anyway to tell which DR you have? I am letting QI download.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hey Jason, thanks for the awesome work. Updated to 2.71 and removed my tweaks I had previously (Or so I thought). I'm now getting the error below after re-installing Preware and Package Manager Service. Now I do notice at least one tweak is still on the phone (5x4 icon display) even though I deleted it and it no longer shows up in installed tweaks. I don't want to Doctor my phone but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes. Any ideas? I also have gotten errors when trying to remove tweaks in Preware as well were I get Error Removing [4].
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Thanks jason and all who contributed!!!!!!!!
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgaryk View Post
    Hey Jason, thanks for the awesome work. Updated to 2.71 and removed my tweaks I had previously (Or so I thought). I'm now getting the error below after re-installing Preware and Package Manager Service. Now I do notice at least one tweak is still on the phone (5x4 icon display) even though I deleted it and it no longer shows up in installed tweaks. I don't want to Doctor my phone but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes. Any ideas? I also have gotten errors when trying to remove tweaks in Preware as well were I get Error Removing [4].
    try using v1.2.0 WebOSDoctor with WebOS Repair Utility and do "Tools>Restore Specific File" and restore launcher.css and launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

Should fix things and get that tweak to work
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    First off, thanks for everything Jason.

Never had any problems with your software previously, and was quite excited when I woke up to find 2.7 available Went through and installed the tweaks as I always have. The iPhone spoof gave an error as it has since 2.5(not sure what the deal is there), but that's not the problem. Got through everything I wanted, and went to check my phone and it was completely frozen, on the main screen, not the boot screen. Pulled the battery as it was the only thing I could do, put it back in and turned it back on.

It now is stuck on the palm logo, not the flashing one, for 10 minutes now.

I had all tweaks uninstalled for the 1.2 update, and didn't even install the virtual keyboard again (too slow for my tastes).

What can I do? Will WebOSDoctor even work in this state?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Finally got around to donating $5 after dragging my *** for a bit. great work, and really appreciated. I hope everyone sends at least a $1 for this great app. Even if you are a cheapskate who believes everything in life should be free, sending a buck won't kill you and will certainly help with continued development. Plus, how much value have these tweaks added to your Pre? Certainly much much more than that!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hi Jason... freakin' awesome work, thanks a ton man!

I've installed most of the tweaks I want, but the Browser multi-mod is failing for me. I've attached the error I get. Doesn't seem to have done any harm, and when I go back into tweaks in QI it shows as unchecked as one would expect. I'm on webOS 1.2.1, WinXP, QI 2.72.

Thanks,
    Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fzammetti; 10/04/2009 at 10:04 AM.
    I'm probably missing something obvious, but where is the option to add a Developer Mode icon to the launcher?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    what's iphone user agent spoof?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
    I'm probably missing something obvious, but where is the option to add a Developer Mode icon to the launcher?
    isnt that just a homebrew?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLuMan7 View Post
    what's iphone user agent spoof?
    it makes websites think that your on an phone and give you the mobile version of the website
    Great Work on this Jason
    It is much appreciated.

1 Question though.
    How do you install the mods under the Online Repository Tab.
    I tried installing a few mods there by clicking the install button. My pre restarts, but the mod is not installed. Is there something else I need to install prior to installing these mods?
    Thank you.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by fzammetti View Post
    Hi Jason... freakin' awesome work, thanks a ton man!

I've installed most of the tweaks I want, but the Browser multi-mod is failing for me. I've attached the error I get. Doesn't seem to have done any harm, and when I go back into tweaks in QI it shows as unchecked as one would expect. I'm on webOS 1.2.1, WinXP.

Thanks,
    Frank
    In WebOS Quick Install, go Tools->Delete File.
    Delete: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs

Then do that tool again and this time delete: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html

Browser Multi-Mod should then work
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    that was one of the earlier homebrews..... go find it in the catalog
    ok i have tried on two computers and when ever i try and connect my pre to my computer quick install can't detect it. i tried on my desktop(vista sp2) and my laptop(xp x64) any ideas?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdives View Post
    Jason:

How practical/impractical would it be to, with the tweaks, not restart Luna after every checkbox is checked, but allow the user to check all the boxes they want and then provide a "Restart Luna" button (or do it on "Close")?
    This would be nice if you were going to do multiple patches at once. If there could be an apply button once all of the options are checked.

Love all the work you have done! And you are always quick to get it done.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    awesome jason... is there like a page that goes a little in depth to explain what each tweak does?
  18.    #98  
    File->Options

Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    1 Question though.
    How do you install the mods under the Online Repository Tab.
    I tried installing a few mods there by clicking the install button. My pre restarts, but the mod is not installed. Is there something else I need to install prior to installing these mods?
    Thank you.
    Clicking the name of the patch on the table on the left will load the info on that patch. Pressing the Install button then should install it. Ifit's not, what error are you getting?

With that, I'm goin to bed

BTW, v2.72 is out. It includes important Themer fix

awesome jason... is there like a page that goes a little in depth to explain what each tweak does?
    Post #4 has the Tweak Guide PDF attached
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    ok i have tried on two computers and when ever i try and connect my pre to my computer quick install can't detect it. i tried on my desktop(vista sp2) and my laptop(xp x64) any ideas?

thanks
    note: i have used the previous version on webos quick install, and it worked fine.

thank you
    Try reading Jason's first four posts. One of them includes a complete description of all tweaks. Honestly, I can't believe anyone would attempt to use this program without reading all the instructions.