Page 49 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'm by no means an expert, but I have a similar setup to yours and mine works.
    My first instinct would be to tell you to disable any software anti-virus/anti-spyware/firewall you may have running. Not just turn down the sensitivity, but turn it off altogether. I'm no longer using ZoneAlarm products, but when I was (last month) it's aggressiveness often made phone-modding software sluggish at best. Software firewalls and anti-spyware/malware software will often be "suspicious" of Java-based apps.
    I'm running ashampoo and avast. I disabled both and nothing changes with QI. Just freezes up anytime I select something.
    Is there a new version of webdoctor I should wait for -- if I've used 2.7?
    If anybody is having the same problem as me, which was some tweaks were not working even though the box was checked or you tried to remove a tweak and it would restart your phone and you'd get an error when trying to reinstall the tweak or the box will still be checked even though the tweak didnt show up on your phone just follow these instructions:
    1. Remove any theme you have to insure that the theme is not the problem (if you know its not the theme then skip this step)
    2.go to quick install and go under tweaks and look for the emergency recovery tweak and run it (or run it through preware, i seen that some people could not find it in preware its because you have to go into preware preferences [top left tab] and sort it alphabetically and change whatever other options you like) this will remove all patches from your phone
    3. find the autopatch feed app and d/l and install it and restart preware (might have to restart your whole phone if that doesnt show it i dont remember what i did but restarting preware should work)

after you do that youll have lots of patches available for install and you can easily install them from there. make sure you install just a few at a time then restart your phone ( orange + symbol + R) and thats it your patches should be installed with no more problems. of course going the good old way thru webos quick install also works great. btw thank you jason for your hard work on these tweaks and constant updates. your hard work is unlocking the full potential of this phone.

If this helps anybody please remember to thank me...thanks lol
    Last edited by PhatTony718; 10/06/2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: adding information
    Quote Originally Posted by ToreUpFrmDflorUp View Post
    im using the myTheter v2.0.2, the donor version...it didnt get affected with all my updates from 1.1 to 1.2 and 1.2.1.

it stayed in my phone and still working, i use it at my work all the time.
    thanks i found out how to fix it in the mytether app forum
    Hey all, I just installed quick install 2.7 and love all the tweaks/features. However, I am having one issue after installation. I may have missed this issue throughout the posts but hopefully someone can provide a solution. After i installed the tweaks, the body of all of my emails are not showing up for 10-15 seconds. Or, I have to click the reply option and then switch back to the original card with the email for the body of the email to show up. Has anyone else seen this and if so, how do I fix it? Thanks so much.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    When I try to install the browser patches I get the following error both in webosqi and preware.

How can I make it work? Thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hello jason i installed tweeks prior to dling 1.2.1 and now am getting error messages when i try to put it back on bc it says it is alrdy on there....any advice?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Is pdf browser in landscape tweak working for you? I am finding it is not working for me. Let me know.
    Jason, I'm finally up to speed with 2.72 and all I can say is great work bro, great work. All the tweaks and styling mods I've used with this version work great. No issues whatsoever!

I'm back to all my previous tweaks from 2.03 (listed in my signature) and I've added LED notification, character counter, text timestamp, new cards for text and the auto dictionary.

Just wanted to give you another thanks. Awesome work, great program.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I keep getting "error reading package list" when I try to check on some of the tweaks in QI 2.72
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDaryl View Post
    hello jason i installed tweeks prior to dling 1.2.1 and now am getting error messages when i try to put it back on bc it says it is alrdy on there....any advice?
    Hi PreDaryl,

You need to run the Emergency Recover Tweak / Patch to remove the tweaks from 1.2.0 (technically, I think the update removed them, but this tweak probably restores the backups so the Preware doesn't think the patch already exists.)

Thanks,

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by PhatTony718 View Post
    If anybody is having the same problem as me...[/U]
    2.go to quick install and go under tweaks and look for the emergency recovery tweak and run it (or run it through preware, i seen that some people could not find it in preware its because you have to go into preware preferences [top left tab] and sort it alphabetically and change whatever other options you like) this will remove all patches from your phone
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unite View Post
    When I try to install the browser patches I get the following error both in webosqi and preware.

How can I make it work? Thank you in advance.
    I'm having the same issue... i've tried using QI to delete files downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $download$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$ $but$ $that$ $didn$'$t$ $help$. $do$ $i$ $need$ $to$ $do$ $anything$ $special$ $when$ $deleting$ $files$? $can$'$t$ $figure$ $out$ $what$ $the$ $problem$ $is$.
    I want you to marry me man....This is making me never want to give up my Pre. All the things that can be done already being out for such a little time make it AWESOME.
    does 2.72 work with 1.1.0???
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo1631 View Post
    Hey all, I just installed quick install 2.7 and love all the tweaks/features. However, I am having one issue after installation. I may have missed this issue throughout the posts but hopefully someone can provide a solution. After i installed the tweaks, the body of all of my emails are not showing up for 10-15 seconds. Or, I have to click the reply option and then switch back to the original card with the email for the body of the email to show up. Has anyone else seen this and if so, how do I fix it? Thanks so much.
    It's the auto-correct tweak - take it off. Just paying it forward (someone else pointed it out when I had the issue). Welcome to Precentral btw.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer View Post
    Can someone confirm for me that the 2.72 version says '2.6' in the About screen?
    no it does not... it says v2.72
    Irish
    i have java and cannot dget this to work! someone please help, it is very frustrating. i get webos and doctor downloaded and when i go and connect my pre it says device not found...is anyone else having this problem? what should i do?
    I used Emergency Recover Tweak" and i still have 1 tweak "date on top bar" still showing up on my pre, but the quick install and preware doesnt pick it up. any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by sguberski View Post
    am I the only person who has to search and search for the link to download the .jar file for this app?
    Just how much searching did you attempt?

I clicked on the search link, entered .jar (just what you were asking for) and got the link in 5 seconds flat...

We all try to help, but please, do at least some leg work first on your own... if you can't take the time to find the download, odds are you won't bother reading the Install Guide, and will be right back here posting more questions about how you can't get it to work...

[IMG]file:///D:/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrecver28 View Post
    i have java and cannot dget this to work! someone please help, it is very frustrating. i get webos and doctor downloaded and when i go and connect my pre it says device not found...is anyone else having this problem? what should i do?
    Are you on vista? 64 or 32bit... windows XP? mac osx?

we need a lot more info to try to help you like OS type what you have done to try and get it to work any error messages you have gotten and so on... in my case with device not found or can not connect it was a novacom driver issue or an Ethernet gadget driver...

try this below and see if this works for you...

and also make sure your phone is in Dev mode.

and also make sure you press just charge when you connect your pre you should see in your device manager palm novacom modules - Palm novacom and also portable devices - pre if you see something in your device that says USB Ethernet Gadget then your drivers are not installed err not all of them

i am on vista x64 and it would not work until after i had all drivers installed after i did that this below it worked just fine I know this kinda sounds strange but this is what i had to do to get it to work on vista X64 this helped a lot of people on older versions of the quick install...

1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.

now if that does not work try this...

* Novacom
    o You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    o If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
    o For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

* DevMode enabled
    o This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.