Page 48 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    k i have to go to bed now so try and work it out if you can if not i will be back tomorrow or im sure someone else will help yall trouble shoot everything have a great night ,and if ya need anything dont hesitate to message me ttyl
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Yo Sha any luck on browser patch...????
    Thanks everyone for the advise to use WebOSDoctor. Now I can't get the Doctor to work. It just stays on the screen saying, "Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable. Do not remove the battery or disconnect your phone during this process." The Next button is greyed out. The only thing I can do is hit the Help button that doesn't help much. I have tried a few times and waited quite a while for something to happen.
    no not yet im waiting though someone will fix it im sure lol

web doc works just fine dont get upset ok
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by djwilli View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advise to use WebOSDoctor. Now I can't get the Doctor to work. It just stays on the screen saying, "Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable. Do not remove the battery or disconnect your phone during this process." The Next button is greyed out. The only thing I can do is hit the Help button that doesn't help much. I have tried a few times and waited quite a while for something to happen.
    Turn off phone. Hold down volume up button. While holding down the volume up button, power up phone. Keep holding volume up button until usb icon shows on ur phone. Then run Web OS doctor

just follow this dj
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I was given a something to try :
    1.) go into preware and try to intstall Multi browser patch when confirm script comes up hit cancel. it will pop up error prob , leave it.

2.) then if you have terminal on your phone open it up and type cd /
    and press enter and then close it out . and close preware.
    3.) open preware up and look in installed packages and it should show the Browser patch installed.

that's where I am at right now ... where should I go to check it out to see if it works ???
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    OMG I LOVE MY PRE EVEN MORE NOW!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have been telling every Pre owner I run into about Precentral.net and homebrew and webOS quick install.

Can anyone tell me that if a tweak/hack to change the clock when charging or on the touchstone has been discussed? I would love to be able to have a clock in landscape mode when my phone is on the touchstone horizontally. Just an idea.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you dont really need filecoaster preware is enough
    yeah i know but i wanted it anyway, lol. okay so installed both through quick install and nope that stupid tweak isnt showing up on the installed patches list -.- jeez, i regret getting it just like with the landscape email and messaging, lol.

thanks for all your help Shadavis08
    Turn off phone. Hold down volume up button. While holding down the volume up button, power up phone. Keep holding volume up button until usb icon shows on ur phone. Then run Web OS doctor

just follow this dj
    Perfect...thank you. Seems like it is working now.
    whom ever updated the webosquick install I must say THAN YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY PALM PRE RESISTORS
    ,you have made my pre very happy thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by JXAllan View Post
    I am about to purchase a Palm Pre when it is released in the UK (16th October). When downlaoding webosdoctor, it asks whether I'm using Spring, Bell or the emulator, will O2 be added to this? And if so should I wait until then before downloading? I'm a bit of a novice so don't want to mess things up before I even get the phone.
    rumor has it the euro version of Palm won't have the latest WebOS version, and kick off with 1.1 something. You may have to start with an older version of WOSQI...

BTW: I think some of webos doctor needs to know your provider when accessing your device, it will probably be updated. Go try out the emulator to see how things work.

I'm really enjoying the Pre even without these custom features, but I'm looking forward to a little more stability.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    What size dimensions does an avatar have to be and in what format?
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    What size dimensions does an avatar have to be and in what format?
    Im using a png at 64x58
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    uninstall those tweaks then reinstall one at a time checking to see if they work
    No dice. Removed both tweaks. Restarted. Installed Messaging Landscape tweak. Restarted. Doesn't work.

Could it be a 1.2.1 incompatibility?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I've come to the conclusion the phone isn't the problem, so I won't need to WebDR it. Here's why...

I've followed the instructions to a T, manually installed novacom, uninstalled and reinstalled java 1.6, Downloaded and deleted WebOSQI and WebDR 3 different times, rebooted a total of 6 times...

With the phone unplugged from the PC, WebOSQI still freezes anytime I try to select anything. It simply won't work for some reason on my PC. I have all necessary windoze updates installed as well... There's an incompatibility somewhere between my platform (XP Pro 32 bit) and the Quick Install program.

I can't even get it to work on the Emulator setting... Anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boricua2122 View Post
    whom ever updated the webosquick install I must say THAN YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY PALM PRE RESISTORS
    ,you have made my pre very happy thank you
    That would be our favorite Canuck, Jason Robitaille.

I second your sentiment.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    any one know how to uninstall the smiley tweak? Its under the last tab "online repository" Its installed now, works great, but I went back into that tab, it says "install", no option to uninstall...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    I've come to the conclusion the phone isn't the problem, so I won't need to WebDR it. Here's why...

I've followed the instructions to a T, manually installed novacom, uninstalled and reinstalled java 1.6, Downloaded and deleted WebOSQI and WebDR 3 different times, rebooted a total of 6 times...

With the phone unplugged from the PC, WebOSQI still freezes anytime I try to select anything. It simply won't work for some reason on my PC. I have all necessary windoze updates installed as well... There's an incompatibility somewhere between my platform (XP Pro 32 bit) and the Quick Install program.

I can't even get it to work on the Emulator setting... Anyone have any ideas?
    I'm by no means an expert, but I have a similar setup to yours and mine works.
    My first instinct would be to tell you to disable any software anti-virus/anti-spyware/firewall you may have running. Not just turn down the sensitivity, but turn it off altogether. I'm no longer using ZoneAlarm products, but when I was (last month) it's aggressiveness often made phone-modding software sluggish at best. Software firewalls and anti-spyware/malware software will often be "suspicious" of Java-based apps.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    mac osx 10.4.11, cant get to detect device, think i need novacom but cant get it anywhere, help?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    need some help...I installed some tweaks form the new 2.72 but heres my problem...when I try to install some of them like Battery %, message in landscape, email in landscape, message forwarding and a few others, it wont let me.....i get a long list of issues that say "hunk" alot. It also says in some of them already installed. I tried to uninstall them but they show up no where....can someone please help me out....let me also say that I had these on the phone at one point from 2.72 but then they went away after one of my restarts.....PLESE HELP!