Page 44 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    did you read the homebrew directions to start off with????
    Yeah. Been reading up on all this for 3 days now...

Did I miss something that I needed to DL besides java, webDR and webQI...?
    yes download filecoaster first then read up some more ,you should download like gnu patch and package manager service
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I have to put my son to bed real quick... be back in 20 minutes or so. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    yes download filecoaster first then read up some more ,you should download like gnu patch and package manager service
    I thought filecoaster needed to be installed via QI? In fact the instructions say it's recommended to do so. I don't want to root my pre because I suck at code, so I was under the impression QI and PreWare was the way to go. But since QI freezes the instant I click on anything, I'm not sure what I can do?

Ok, be back in a bit. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I've been reading along and am still having some strange issues.
    I removed that Original Blue theme, but parts of it are still there- icons in quicklaunch and in program launcher pages.
    I still can't get WOSQI to install the battery% tweak and I can't get it to install via Preware either. (I just found that there was a Preware update to 0.92 available and working with that.)
    I read a little back that there was an option to remove all tweaks- in Preware or WOSQI? I can't find it, yet.

Any advice appreciated. I'll wipe the whole thing if I have to- not a big deal. [Prefer NOT to, but will if necessary.]
    Load Preware and tap into Available Patches. Look for the second category from the bottom labeled Recovery. The only patch there is "Emergency Patch Recovery". Tap once more and you'll see the actual patch with description and instructions. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    Yeah. Been reading up on all this for 3 days now...

Did I miss something that I needed to DL besides java, webDR and webQI...?
    Change,
    You will download these, gnu patch and package manager service, thru WebOS QuickInstall once your pre is connected to your computer. Filecoaster is a very nice app and can be downloaded and installed thru WOSQI. I used Filecoaster before I found PreWare.
    WebOS 1.2.1/Qi 2.72/W7x64
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Yes I know it is a known issue that is why I was lamenting.....a little levity can go a long way.....
    I have to put my son to bed real quick... be back in 20 minutes or so. Thanks.
    hey do you have webosQI and webdoctor and the install folder all put together in the same folder ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yes
    WebOS 1.2.1/Qi 2.72/W7x64
    had problems with mytether app switchin back to v1.1.0 to see what that does
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    had problems with mytether app switchin back to v1.1.0 to see what that does
    how would one actually downgrade back to 1.1?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I thought filecoaster needed to be installed via QI? In fact the instructions say it's recommended to do so. I don't want to root my pre because I suck at code, so I was under the impression QI and PreWare was the way to go. But since QI freezes the instant I click on anything, I'm not sure what I can do?

Ok, be back in a bit. Thanks.
    The instructions were written before Preware was an option. If you have Preware on your phone, it will install Filecoaster. IMO, Filecoaster and Preload are terrific apps, but they are subject to the apps limitation. Preware is far more functional, and is not limited to the number of apps like the others.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Found a bug I think in this new release - it does not re-mount the root filesystem to read-only. I just ssh'ed into my Pre and found that my root filesystem is rw-able! :-)

I believe you have to run "rootfs_open -r" to reset the box and have it reboot back into the read-only mode for /.

Doug
    webosdrv1.1.0
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTBaggedUrPre View Post
    Change,
    You will download these, gnu patch and package manager service, thru WebOS QuickInstall once your pre is connected to your computer. Filecoaster is a very nice app and can be downloaded and installed thru WOSQI. I used Filecoaster before I found PreWare.
    How do I download them? I can't get WebOSQI to do anything. It won't recognize my phone, if I click on Device Management or the 3rd button on the right (from PreWare instructions thread) the WebOSQI just freezes. Nothing going... I have to manually kill it via the Task Manager because there's no response.

So I'm not sure what my next step is here. I followed the Instructions in the first post to a T, and I'm coming up empty.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    How do I reapply them? when I launch QI all the tweaks I had applied are still checked. I tried as a test to uncheck one (4x4 icons), and it ped up error shown below, but when I clikok o the error it still went ahead and di a soft reset just like when you aply new tweak.

Should I continue to do this 1st uncheck each and click yes on the error, and then reapply?

I just want to make sure I do this correctly, don't want to end up now going thru hell, everything was fine until I updated to OS 1.2.1 w/out unapplying tweaks.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks
    I'm having same issue, but patiently waiting for 1.2.1 webOS Repair Utility
    How do I download them? I can't get WebOSQI to do anything. It won't recognize my phone, if I click on Device Management or the 3rd button on the right (from PreWare instructions thread) the WebOSQI just freezes. Nothing going... I have to manually kill it via the Task Manager because there's no response.

So I'm not sure what my next step is here. I followed the Instructions in the first post to a T, and I'm coming up empty.
    did you read my last post ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uminchu View Post
    The instructions were written before Preware was an option. If you have Preware on your phone, it will install Filecoaster. IMO, Filecoaster and Preload are terrific apps, but they are subject to the apps limitation. Preware is far more functional, and is not limited to the number of apps like the others.
    I don't have PreWare. I was trying to get preware which is why I had to DL WebOSQI. Which isn't recognizing my phone, even though Dev Mode is on, Java is on 1.6_16, Novacom is running, and I have WebDR, WebQI, and the Install folder all in the same folder on my HDD.

By all accounts, I've done everything correct, and it's just not working.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    hey do you have webosQI and webdoctor and the install folder all put together in the same folder ???
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    webosdrv1.1.0
    is there a webosdrv1.2.0? to just go back to v1.2.0? im looking to "undo" whatever I did breaking my email