Page 42 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    Hello all. I'll be quick and say thanks to Jason for the app and I have one small problem... QI won't do anything! Anytime I click on aything (device management, tweaks, etc...) it freezes on me. I have to kill it manually.

Novacom is running correctly, OSDr is in the same folder (downoaded it twice to make sure it wasn't the problem) and nothing... Phone is in dev mode as well. Any help is appreciated!
    throw web doctor and web QI away and reload it then try again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    Hello all. I'll be quick and say thanks to Jason for the app and I have one small problem... QI won't do anything! Anytime I click on aything (device management, tweaks, etc...) it freezes on me. I have to kill it manually.

Novacom is running correctly, OSDr is in the same folder (downoaded it twice to make sure it wasn't the problem) and nothing... Phone is in dev mode as well. Any help is appreciated!
    oh yeah reboot computer too it sometimes sticks (novacom driver)(dont ask me ) but it does try that first lolo
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Does 2.6 have to be removed in order to update to 2.7?
  4.    #824  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    I got my pre about a week ago, didn't add anything to it until today I have succesfully installed QI 2.7.2 and several tweaks without a problem or any glithces...but today the phone after all this I had it in my pocket this evening and had to get it out because it was awfully hot and I had it in the generic sleeve included in the box, man the phone was HOT.
    Very strange...maybe try turning off DevMode and see if that improves batterytime

Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    Considering the above process, I believe the "Auto-Correct Dictionary" Tweak is causing a severe lag in opening and viewing e-mail text.
    Yea, that lag is a side effect of the larger auto-correct dictionary. I'll look into a smaller alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    be sure to look in patches and applications because i found some patches mixed in with the applications . i have no clue why but i did
    That would indicate that patch wasn't added to the on-device list file of installed patches. Not sure why that would be though...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I had the same problem with the broken launcher and broken universal search but did manage to repair those problems without the doctor.
    For times like this, it's best to go to the Online Repository tab in tweaks and install the Emergency Patch Recovery (EMR). That should revert everything.

As I asked before, can any Bell users tell me if they're on 1.2 or 1.2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    I had that too, your launcher is ****ed. I used webos repair utility and it worked, but that was for webos 1.2. If you are using 1.2.1, you are sol for right now.
    if you mean the launcher is showing the universal search page and universal search also doesn't work, then there is hope. I did this to my pre installing themes that (apparently) weren't compatible with 1.2.1.

If my memory is correct, I fixed this with quickinstall by installing a newer theme, might have been the macOS theme
    it was caused first off by the web multi browser not installing correctly and i still cant get it to work
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Since I started using the new quick install and I have the battery and and few other things installed, but it has broken my email! Anyone else have this problem? My email will not list the drop downs when hitting the arrows. I think my pre is getting hosed. :'( I need to redo all my email I am afraid of...
    my email also show empty, but I can read an email if I go directly to it from the notifications. Also, my email is still accessible online (gmail).

The problem seems to be css related, and the phone app shows missed calls listings that are indented. I am sure a webos repair will fix these issues for 1.2.1 when it is released. I am waiting.

The cause was probably installing a theme or a patch that had not yet been updated for 1.2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by danicus007 View Post
    My launcher button is now broken after I installed the Blue Theme. I've never installed a theme before but after that the launcher button just brings up a search box. I guess I'll have to Doctor the phone since I'm on 1.2.1. At least I was able to save all my files. No more themes for me once I get this thing back up and running.
    wait for the repair utility. In the meantime, try installing a more up to date theme. I fixed this issue with the macOS theme, then removed that theme and was more careful after that. Use quickinstall to install themes.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    throw web doctor and web QI away and reload it then try again
    I tried both of these things before posting the first time. I read the troubleshooting guide before I decided to ask.

Any other thoughts?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Well Sha I don't think there is going to be any help on this today , Must be far down on the list........

For anyone listening nedd help with multi-browser patch getting the following error
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 27scoob; 10/05/2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Need Help NEED
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    2.7 is good, no doubt. but the tweaks are buggy.. error messages.. so im going back to 2.3...i like my tweaks i really do..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As I asked before, can any Bell users tell me if they're on 1.2 or 1.2.1?
    hey Jason I found this at the palm forum, it was posted today;
    I have to say, I'm very disappointed that 1.2.1 is not available for Bell users. The release notes certainly don't mention any Sprint-only issues... but the blog post does state that this update is only for Sprint customers. That, combined with word that the paid app store will only be launched in the USA, is making me feel like palm looks at Bell customers as second-class device users.
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...thread.id=9827
    WebOS 1.2.1/Qi 2.72/W7x64
    maybe you need to reinstall gnu patch or diffstat or luna manager maybe one of those needs update or reinstalled is all i come up with off the top of my head
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    my email also show empty, but I can read an email if I go directly to it from the notifications. Also, my email is still accessible online (gmail).

The problem seems to be css related, and the phone app shows missed calls listings that are indented. I am sure a webos repair will fix these issues for 1.2.1 when it is released. I am waiting.

The cause was probably installing a theme or a patch that had not yet been updated for 1.2.1
    This too happened to me, any thoughts Jason? Should I just hold out for webos repair? I use my phone all the time to check email.should I wipe the phone and start over? thoughts anyone?
    when I run webosdoctor? what exactly does it do?
    i just updated to webos v.1.2.0 and webosqi 2.72 and seem to be having problems with the mytether app it installs but my laptop doesnt detect it any more. it used to work fine b4 the update. anybody else have this happen? or any clues on how to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by reazson View Post
    when I run webosdoctor? what exactly does it do?
    restores to factory specks lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    maybe you need to reinstall gnu patch or diffstat or luna manager maybe one of those needs update or reinstalled is all i come up with off the top of my head
    I don't know what any of these are. I can't get to Luna until QI works and I can get preware, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    i just updated to webos v.1.2.0 and webosqi 2.72 and seem to be having problems with the mytether app it installs but my laptop doesnt detect it any more. it used to work fine b4 the update. anybody else have this happen? or any clues on how to fix it?
    there are a few problems with a few patches lol join the club , i myself got everything i want to work except the browser multi patch and i will not do anything else
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    restores to factory specks lol
    so everything will be deleted from my pre?