Page 41 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    i dont have any friends with att sorry

i dont have any friends with att sorry
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work that makes the Pre more enjoyable for all of us! Donated today.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Bah! It's always the simple things that get missed. Just needed to reinstall Novacom. Thanks!
    Groovy, after it recognized your Pre, were you able to fix the VK tweak and get it to apply? I'm having the same MD5check issue....please list some details.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Jason, first and most importantly... Thank you very much for all of your great work and extremely responsive updates. WebOSQI is fantastic and most of the tweaks are great time savers that Palm should have put in there from the beginning!

After upgrading to 1.21 and the latest version of QI on a "clean" Pre, I initiated my preferred Tweaks one by one. Following that update. I immediately noticed that when I opened any e-mails (Exchange, Yahoo, Google), the text portion of my e-mail would take between 6-20+ seconds to load after the header. After going through a number of troubleshooting steps, I determined this issue had to be tied to one (or more) of the Tweaks I had activated. In reviewing the installed Tweaks within QI, I decided the most likely "suspect" was the new "Improved Auto-Correct Dictionary". Acting on that hunch, I proceeded to disable that Tweak. After closing QI, I reloaded my e-mail app and chose a random e-mail to open. I was thrilled to see the e-mail text appear within 1 second of opening both old and new messages.

Considering the above process, I believe the "Auto-Correct Dictionary" Tweak is causing a severe lag in opening and viewing e-mail text. Of course, not being a programmer, I have no way of "proving" this is the case. However, as I do with any troubleshooting process, I isolate changes to single, one-by-one changes in order to pinpoint the issue without too many variables. In this particular case, my first change (based on an "educated guess") completely corrected my problem. Therefore, I have to believe it was indeed the culprit.

I provide this information only to help you and other address this potential issue within the QI Tweaks. I truly hope my feedback helps!

Thanks again for all your hard work... It is greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by dada102 View Post
    hey jason. got an issue here........i had the tweaks working in 1.2 and then i downloaded 1.2.1 and now when i go back to the tweaks it says i have the orginal settings even though none of the tweaks are actually there. i can't even take out and reinstall the tweak, what do i do?
    Dada102 - your problem is that you always have to uninstall your tweaks first before installing an update. I'm guessing this is because the original files are backuped and then the installer thinks the install has already happened even though the update blows away the tweaks.

With this said, I made the same mistake even though I knew I needed to uninstall first (I forgot). I now have the same problem. I'm unsure how to fix it... Maybe someone will be able to help us
    I followed the instructions, but i still can't get webos doctor to see it.
    sommerkamp get a shorter name lol anyways

are you using windows vista 32?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hey is there a way to remove the online repository patches through quick install?
    yes go into tools device manager where you see applications installed click on it and patches will show all that are installed
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by paixroar View Post
    hey is there a way to remove the online repository patches through quick install?
    be sure to look in patches and applications because i found some patches mixed in with the applications . i have no clue why but i did
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    oh freaking awesome. thank you very much!
    you hit the thanks button thanks lol ha!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    aww, lame, it didnt recognize that stupid tweak that makes it skip to the next line by hitting enter. haha i thought itd be cool but i got used to sending messages with enter. -.-
    aww, lame, it didnt recognize that stupid tweak that makes it skip to the next line by hitting enter. haha i thought itd be cool but i got used to sending messages with enter. -.-
    that tweak should work
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    it does work, haha.i want to remove it, i got used to sending my texts by hitting the enter key, lol.
    it does work, haha.i want to remove it, i got used to sending my texts by hitting the enter key, lol.
    ok well it should show up in webos then in device management did you look in both apps and patches if not then look if you did then reboot phone and computer then look again it is in there it shows everything installed lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    yeah i looked in apps and patches like you said, haha. okay ill restart everything, ill be back in a few, or ill probably try it after i come back from my bike ride. thanks for your help.
    I had the same problem with the broken launcher and broken universal search but did manage to repair those problems without the doctor. Reply if your still stuck and I'll try to help.

btw, I posted an issue (in this thread I think) but I can't find it.. Am I just a super-noobie? I did look in my account statistics and it's not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I had the same problem with the broken launcher and broken universal search but did manage to repair those problems without the doctor. Reply if your still stuck and I'll try to help.

btw, I posted an issue (in this thread I think) but I can't find it.. Am I just a super-noobie? I did look in my account statistics and it's not there.
    well just write down what you did to fix someone may need the info lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Hello all. I'll be quick and say thanks to Jason for the app and I have one small problem... QI won't do anything! Anytime I click on aything (device management, tweaks, etc...) it freezes on me. I have to kill it manually.

Novacom is running correctly, OSDr is in the same folder (downoaded it twice to make sure it wasn't the problem) and nothing... Phone is in dev mode as well. Any help is appreciated!