Page 40 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rmurfster View Post
    Wow! I just typed "taped" and it changed to "rape" for me as well! What's up with that?!?!?!
    It is probably because you didn't have the expressed written consent of the NFL to tape the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by lbjames231 View Post
    It seems to be either an issue with Quick Install 2.7 or webOS 1.2.1

Just installed the theme via PreWare on my 1.2 doctored phone, and it worked flawlessly.
    That's a valid point, I did install the theme with PreWare and most of the tweaks with QI 2.7x. Could be an issue with the theme installer in Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    This is far as I can get with the browser multi patch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jason,

You said in post #592, that some people were having issues with the Browser Multi-mod. It used to work fine, then i ran one of the updated patches over it and now i can't get it to install. I've run the Emergency Patch Recovery and i still can't get it to install via WQI (your patch or repository) or preware. i get this error. (see attachment) any suggestions?

I'm on Version 1.2.1
    Windows xp pro sp3

If you know what files i can replace/delete to get it to continue working, lemme know.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by lbjames231 View Post
    It seems to be either an issue with Quick Install 2.7 or webOS 1.2.1

Just installed the theme via PreWare on my 1.2 doctored phone, and it worked flawlessly.
    Are you using version 2.72 of Quick Install? 2.71 had a problem with themes I believe.

From the change log on the first post in this thread:

Change Log

v2.72 - October 4, 09
    - Fixed an issue that in certain circumstances deeply affected theming
    Quote Originally Posted by legato View Post
    For my problem, frozen phone/stuck on boot logo, I was able to get the Doctor working by redownloading through the palm site instead of the link in this thread. Not sure what the difference is there.

All back to normal, minus missing data and apps. A little wary of trying again with these tweaks.
    I am having the same problem. I downloaded webos 1.2.1 yesterday and installed quick install 2.7 today. I put all my tweaks back on and then it reset and got stuck on the palm logo load screen. It's been stuck on this screen for the past 7 hours. i've pulled the battery multiple times. I've tried to run webos doctor. My comp doesnt recognize my pre because it hasnt booted yet. So it's a brick and I cant figure out what to do. I tried to re-download webos doctor from the palm website but of course, it doesnt see my pre.

Will someone please help?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsommerkamp View Post
    I am having the same problem. I downloaded webos 1.2.1 yesterday and installed quick install 2.7 today. I put all my tweaks back on and then it reset and got stuck on the palm logo load screen. It's been stuck on this screen for the past 7 hours. i've pulled the battery multiple times. I've tried to run webos doctor. My comp doesnt recognize my pre because it hasnt booted yet. So it's a brick and I cant figure out what to do. I tried to re-download webos doctor from the palm website but of course, it doesnt see my pre.

Will someone please help?
    Follow the instructions on the following site for when your PC doesn't recognize the Pre. WebOSDoctor will work then.

How To Recover - WebOS Internals
  8.    #788  
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    Jason, thanks for your continued dedication to the community. Love the program!

Any thoughts on maybe adding the state caller id like in the link below, or is it possible?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1740795
    See the Tweaks "Online Repository" tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    That's a valid point, I did install the theme with PreWare and most of the tweaks with QI 2.7x. Could be an issue with the theme installer in Quick Install.
    There was an issue with theming in v2.7 and 2.71, but I corrected it with v2.72. Make sure you have the proper version installed. If the error people get is something like "Error unable to read xml. File missing end tag near line xxxx, column xx" then that means the xml is badly formatted and you'll need to contact the theme creator.

To Bell Users:
    Are you still on v1.2.0 or has Bell issued the v1.2.1 update yet?
    I'm having problems enabling the battery % tweak and the LED notification tweak:

Help please.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I've been reading along and am still having some strange issues.
    I removed that Original Blue theme, but parts of it are still there- icons in quicklaunch and in program launcher pages.
    I still can't get WOSQI to install the battery% tweak and I can't get it to install via Preware either. (I just found that there was a Preware update to 0.92 available and working with that.)
    I read a little back that there was an option to remove all tweaks- in Preware or WOSQI? I can't find it, yet.

Any advice appreciated. I'll wipe the whole thing if I have to- not a big deal. [Prefer NOT to, but will if necessary.]
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    Jason, thanks for your continued dedication to the community. Love the program!

Any thoughts on maybe adding the state caller id like in the link below, or is it possible?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1740795
    Just like Jason stated. It works perfectly!
    hey jason. got an issue here........i had the tweaks working in 1.2 and then i downloaded 1.2.1 and now when i go back to the tweaks it says i have the orginal settings even though none of the tweaks are actually there. i can't even take out and reinstall the tweak, what do i do?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Well I am stumped , I have tried all advice and entered in terminal all four lines of code succesfully without error and then tried to install patch thru QI and keep getting the same error below.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Well I am stumped , I have tried all advice and entered in terminal all four lines of code succesfully without error and then tried to install patch thru QI and keep getting the same error below.
    still nothing 27scoob man i thought for sure jason would have gotten it fixed by now lol, maybe its being a pain in the rear for him trying to help others and fixing this patch
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    i'm having a problem with QI 2.72 and WebOS 1.2.1 and haven't found the solution with searching. Basically, I had patches installed with Preware that I couldn't get rid of so I used QI to get rid of them using Device Management.

The problem I'm having is that QI detects a bunch of Tweaks that aren't really applied to my phone. I try to uncheck the tweaks, it resets Luna, and those tweaks are still checked. Anyone have any ideas or can someone point me to the solution?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Yeah still no luck..Emoney tried to help earlier ..I followed the direcetions as best as possible and came up with a different error that I posted earlier . I have not had Jason answer me just yet as I am sure he is very busy .. I have just tried to keep my status current and not get lost in the pile of posts . So still stuck with the error.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyr View Post
    i'm having a problem with QI 2.72 and WebOS 1.2.1 and haven't found the solution with searching. Basically, I had patches installed with Preware that I couldn't get rid of so I used QI to get rid of them using Device Management.

The problem I'm having is that QI detects a bunch of Tweaks that aren't really applied to my phone. I try to uncheck the tweaks, it resets Luna, and those tweaks are still checked. Anyone have any ideas or can someone point me to the solution?
    use the recovery patch then reboot phone and computer then go back into device managment but and uncheck whatever is still there and hit uninstall that worked for me then i went back and put the tweaks on my phone through preware just dont do a bunch at a time
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    dont feel bad mine still wont work either lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I don't know whats wrong with my phone, but it seems like ever since I started tweaking my pre I am unable to get text messages from any of my friends that have AT&T

anybody experience anything similar?
    I don't know whats wrong with my phone, but it seems like ever since I started tweaking my pre I am unable to get text messages from any of my friends that have AT&T

anybody experience anything similar?