Page 37 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post

@blackflag

This also sounds like a stupid suggestion, but I've read a few people having success with it - switch the USB port you're connected to?
    I've tried it on both of the USB ports on the front of my computer, but neither work... I'll try to get at the back of it and see if those ports work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled Novacom and it works now.
    Last edited by BlackFlag77; 10/05/2009 at 01:05 PM.
    Well after QI came out i did some things to my pre, and then I tried a few things like the virtual keyboard only to get errors. So I called the doctor and got a clean slate. So which tweaks and patches work now?
    also does the landscape email/text work?

and thanks alot to jason for making a program that makes me tune my pre
    Installed WebOS Quick Install v2.72 on my computer and verything works just fine.

Thank you for your hard work Jason.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    When installing my first tweak I saw that QI downloaded some files in order for the tweaks to work. What files were they? Also, will they need to be removed when getting ready for any future update from Palm?
    When I try to install the new version, the program launches but then locks up. I have to kill it in the Task Manager.

I've never had any problem like this with the other versions.

I'm running Vista (ultra) - 64.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by lbjames231 View Post
    Yes, I tried uninstalling, and the theme uninstalled, but the tweaks will not. No matter how many times I uncheck them, they become checked again.

Can't get to Preware because my launcher is broken. I can't type anything in universal search, it doesn't work at all. I know how to turn off Dev mode and I know how to do the search function.

My low post count may suggest I'm a noob, but I've been lurking this site for a couple of months. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with installed tweaks or themes.

Unfortunately I think I may have to doctor my phone, which is something I REALLY don't want to do...

UPDATE: The creator of the Original Blue theme says it must be a problem with WebOS QI, which is what I figured. I also got some error messages that no longer pop up after I tried uninstalling the tweaks the first time.
    Have you tried rebooting your phone?
    Great job Jason - you've truly revolutionized the pre!! I'll definitely be donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmorel View Post
    1.2.1 PdfViewer does not work out of the box in landscape. You are right that the code to support orientation change is there completely. However you may have missed the nasty little 'return;' in the orientationChanged method that pretty much disable it ;-). I have put the new patch procedure here. Maybe you could turn it back again into a supported tweak?

Thanks in advance

Jacques
    Worked like a charm. Thanks for that!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I am unable to add tweaks to my pre the changes made in the WebOs do not reflect onto the pre. The pre reboots as if changes are being made but an error message displays referring to the patches? any help?
    Donation sent. Great program giving me great features!

BTW my problems were fixed by using the preware EPR utility.
    The only thing that doe snot work for me is the PDF landscape patch. I guess it is not yet 1.2.1 compatible. I applied a bunch of patches under 1.2.1 and everything but that seems to be working so far. Just FYI. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    I dont have 1.2.1, I am still on 1.2
    Are you sure you're on the leaked version of 1.2 and not the official release?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, I put in a warning as the iPhone spoof tweak was based off the leaked 1.2, and not the official release or 1.2.1
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Donation sent. Great program giving me great features!

BTW my problems were fixed by using the preware EPR utility.
    The only thing that doe snot work for me is the PDF landscape patch. I guess it is not yet 1.2.1 compatible. I applied a bunch of patches under 1.2.1 and everything but that seems to be working so far. Just FYI. ii
    As I just learned, you need to first install Extract PdfViewer App patch and then install the PdfViewer Enable Landscape patch. Do not uninstall either patch when you're done.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I cannot locate the EPR Utility in the Preware?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    This means now I can download WebOS 1.2? Other thing I have the ADD Launcher pages an have 4 pages added, do I have to delete this patch?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    anyone have mac os x 10.4.11 that could help me? do i have to update the os to have any chance of getting quick install to be able to find my device; nothing happens when i press the reinstall novacom button, and device not found error message pops up everytime i try anything else
    I looked back through a couple of pages and didn't find the answer for my issue. I had tweaked 1.2 last night through WebOS Quickinstall including the 4x4 icons. When my phone upgraded to 1.2.1 this morning, I didn't remove the tweaks and now the 4x4 tweak(along with others) shows as checked in Quickinstall, but they aren't working on the phone. I have tried unchecking the tweaks, but the next time that I plug in the phone the box is checked again. Do I need to use the doctor utility or is there another way to fix it?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    This probably has been covered, but what does Browser Multi-Mod do? Is there a pdf or list detailing what each tweak does? I'll gladly put it on my wall.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daescobar View Post
    I am unable to add tweaks to my pre the changes made in the WebOs do not reflect onto the pre. The pre reboots as if changes are being made but an error message displays referring to the patches? any help?
    can u explain what you did ?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edwelly View Post
    Hello all. VERY new here and VERY new to the Palm Pre. I am having some problems and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, please. My pre is running webOS 1.2.1, my PC is running webOS QI v2.72, my Pre is on DEV MODE but when I try to apply Tweaks I get the following error message:
    Required Component Missing
    Tweaking requires Package manager, GNU Patch and DiffStat to function. One or more of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and installed these now.

If I choose YES, I get a screen that says “this may take upto a minute to complete. Click ‘OK’ to begin. I click on OK, the screen goes away and that’s it. Nothing happens after that.

ISSUE 2
    If I select the Ipkg Repository Viewer I get the following error message:
    Messages -Error Downloading package feed.
    Message - Error: Invalid feed url.

Can anyone help me here, please? Being new I have tried to use the SEARCH feature but I am having difficulty understanding exactly how to fix these issues. I have successfully applied the BLACK theme and installed the LaucnhPoint app – I just can’t install any tweaks or patches.

Thank you very much for any help! - Erik
    both issues of mine turned out to be the proxy server at my work. Once I bypassed the proxy, everything started working fine
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    i installed the new WebOs for the pre yesterday. I added some tweaks such as the battery percent hiding NFL, Sprint TV, i then attempted to install a new theme. when checking on the webos it still shows the tweaks active without reflecting the changes on the pre itself?