Page 36 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Well, I've encountered my problem. I'll guess its QI related since it happend after using the "landscape email" tweak. Just prior to using the new version of QI, and after the upgrade to 1.2.1, Yahoo and Gmail worked on the phone. I tried to use the "landscape email" tweak and got the following message (see screen shot attachment). My Yahoo or Gmail withh now not show up. The accounts appear, but no messages or boxes. Anyone else had this issue.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    jtorres,

Do you have the "autopatch" feed installed in Preware? If so, go to Available Patches>Recovery>Emergency Patch Recovery.
    Thanks, Summer SMile also suggested that, tinkering with it now, lets see what happens....hope it works.
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    Sorry to repeat, but...

Has anyone had a problem uninstalling a patch? Test Forwarding wont work on my phone anymore, but I cannot remove the patch, I keep getting errors. I used the EPR and still, no. Driving me nuts. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not sure why it's in the Repository since it's not working for 1.2.1, but hopefully it'll get fixed soon. Thanks for the heads up though.

I added pdf patch last night to autopatch feed, it works if you install the extraction patch and THEN the landscape patch (Should say this in description metadata).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Jason,

You are the man. I thank you for making the multitude of awesome tweaks and apps easy to find and use.

I only wish there was a way to mass apply/remove the tweaks when update time rolls around.

Nevertheless, awesome application. I eagerly await future releases, as the win factor keeps escalating exponentially with each one.
    I tried to use the auto-correct dictionary tweak and at least one word corrected totally wrong. I tried to tell a fried I taped the game and the text sent said I raped the game .. it auto corrected from taped to raped. Maybe that was a joke by the developer .. either way I removed that tweak .. lol
    Hi guys, sorry to to repost an earlier message but want to make sure I didnt screw anything up on my phone so here is my issue again and I hope somebody can shed some light for me if this is normal or if I screwed up the install.

I installed the battery percentage tweak and it seems as though in some instances the battery percentage doesn't show the proper percentage remaining. For example it showed 73% while i had the gps on and for about 10 minutes still said 73% which was shocking that while using gps it didnt drain. So i tapped on the upper right corner to pull down the built in percentage reading and it showed 65% and thats when the percentage tweak fixed itself. It seems to continually behave like this sometimes updating but most of the time I have to swipe down or tap the upper right corner for it to update the percentage properly. Has anybody else experienced this? Is this normal? Thanks for all the help.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

did that got new error ? What's next ?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hello all. VERY new here and VERY new to the Palm Pre. I am having some problems and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, please. My pre is running webOS 1.2.1, my PC is running webOS QI v2.72, my Pre is on DEV MODE but when I try to apply Tweaks I get the following error message:
    Required Component Missing
    Tweaking requires Package manager, GNU Patch and DiffStat to function. One or more of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and installed these now.

If I choose YES, I get a screen that says “this may take upto a minute to complete. Click ‘OK’ to begin. I click on OK, the screen goes away and that’s it. Nothing happens after that.

ISSUE 2
    If I select the Ipkg Repository Viewer I get the following error message:
    Messages -Error Downloading package feed.
    Message - Error: Invalid feed url.

Can anyone help me here, please? Being new I have tried to use the SEARCH feature but I am having difficulty understanding exactly how to fix these issues. I have successfully applied the BLACK theme and installed the LaucnhPoint app – I just can’t install any tweaks or patches.

Thank you very much for any help! - Erik
    Last edited by edwelly; 10/05/2009 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I added pdf patch last night to autopatch feed, it works if you install the extraction patch and THEN the landscape patch (Should say this in description metadata).
    Do I uninstall the "Extract PDFviewer App" patch after applying the Enable Landscape patch?
    The description for the Enable Landscape patch doesn't mention needing to use the Extract PdfViewer App patch. And the Extract App patch doesn't say if it can be removed after applying the Enable Landscape patch.
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/05/2009 at 12:45 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Okay, so I messed up something good here. Looking for some assistance.

I hosed my virtual keyboard and I'm getting the mismatch md5sums error. So, I'm trying to restore a couple of files from the webOS doctor image. The problem is that now QI 2.72 does not recognize my device so I can't use QI to send the original files.

I've rebooted both computer and device multiple times. I've downloaded the new QI multiple times. My phone is in Dev mode. I do have novaterm up and running.

Any ideas? Would emergency patch removal work? I didn't try because my device doesn't actually show the virtual keyboard patch loaded. I guess the reason I'm asking here is because I can't get QI to recognize the device. But I thought giving the background details would help.

Thanks in advance.
    Hate to sound like a newb, but...

I have WebOS Quick Install working at home, but I can't get it to work at work.

I'm in developer mode.
    I have WebOS QI 2.72 and the WebOSDoctor linked to in the first post.
    I have my phone on "Just Charge"
    Palm Novacom shows as running under services.msc.
    I have USB under "Device to Use".
    I've restarted my computer.
    Tried clicking "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" a few times.
    I have Java 1.6 installed.

I keep getting the "Device not found" error. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Last edited by BlackFlag77; 10/05/2009 at 12:45 PM.
    @groovy

This might be a stupid suggestion, but maybe try an earlier version of QI that was compatible with whatever version of Doctor you pulled the files from? Maybe that version of QI will recognize?

@blackflag

This also sounds like a stupid suggestion, but I've read a few people having success with it - switch the USB port you're connected to?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkmonst3r View Post
    Ok, i ran the recovery patch OTA as well removed all patches, ran it from pc, it now says No patches found. = GREAT. i also remove all patches installed via quilt.
    so how am i still able to forward text messages.

And virtual keyboard does not show as installed on preware, and ask me to install when i find it in the patches section. Put if i double click the gesture area it will open the VKB and all the photos still show in my pictures.

Running the updates app stays with "Checking for updates..." circling...

and FINALLY...
    The Screen & Lock app shows is missing Brightness bar, and all slide tabs have been removed...

Any takers?
    I would try the following thread and follow the original post information to resend an edited securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $into$ $the$ $location$ $of$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$app$/$controllers$/ $with$ $WebOSQuickInstall$. $See$ $if$ $that$ $works$.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1930649

EDIT: Also, remember to reboot your Pre after sending the edited file.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 10/05/2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Further information
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Okay, so I messed up something good here. Looking for some assistance.

I hosed my virtual keyboard and I'm getting the mismatch md5sums error. So, I'm trying to restore a couple of files from the webOS doctor image. The problem is that now QI 2.72 does not recognize my device so I can't use QI to send the original files.

I've rebooted both computer and device multiple times. I've downloaded the new QI multiple times. My phone is in Dev mode. I do have novaterm up and running.

Any ideas? Would emergency patch removal work? I didn't try because my device doesn't actually show the virtual keyboard patch loaded. I guess the reason I'm asking here is because I can't get QI to recognize the device. But I thought giving the background details would help.

Thanks in advance.
    I would maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling Novacom and see if that helps. Also, rebooting both the computer and device after the reinstall.

One more thing, can you get the device found in USB mode?
    How does the Online Repository tab work? I keep clicking to install any of the patches and NONE of them work? Is there another interface I'm missing or should they just work after I've clicked "Install Patch". The phone restarts after each "Install Patch" action I take, but nothing changes to my original configuration. Thanks for all your work and improvements to this great device.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Do I uninstall the "Extract PDFviewer App" patch after applying the Enable Landscape patch?
    The description for the Enable Landscape patch doesn't mention needing to use the Extract PdfViewer App patch. And the Extract App patch doesn't say if it can be removed after applying the Enable Landscape patch.
    No the landscape patch is dependent on the extract. I will get the description updated.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I would maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling Novacom and see if that helps. Also, rebooting both the computer and device after the reinstall.

One more thing, can you get the device found in USB mode?
    Bah! It's always the simple things that get missed. Just needed to reinstall Novacom. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    No the landscape patch is dependent on the extract. I will get the description updated.
    Noticed that, after uninstalling the Extract patch (before reading your reply). Thanks for the info.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    I have installed two tweaks that aren't working. The add/delete pages and the disable charging sound. Using WebOS QI....Device management....patches, they do not show up.
    Using Preware, the show installed but when I try to remove them, I get these messages.
    Please help me!!!!
    I also just tried the Emergency Patch Removal on Preware but it did not remove them.

Can some please help me. Do I need to to wipe my pre?
    Attached Images Attached Images