Page 35 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I am getting a similar error as jayhajj

Error:

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$re$

Is my only option to run web os doctor and wipe it? The phone and the tweaks I already got on there work fine...

Thanks!
    Ok, i ran the recovery patch OTA as well removed all patches, ran it from pc, it now says No patches found. = GREAT. i also remove all patches installed via quilt.
    so how am i still able to forward text messages.

And virtual keyboard does not show as installed on preware, and ask me to install when i find it in the patches section. Put if i double click the gesture area it will open the VKB and all the photos still show in my pictures.

Running the updates app stays with "Checking for updates..." circling...

and FINALLY...
    The Screen & Lock app shows is missing Brightness bar, and all slide tabs have been removed...

Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    I just rebooted phone, and all tweaks on QI are still checked.

I am jut going to run webOSDoctor and the hell with it, going back to stock phone.

I posted about this ever since last night and i've posted and reposted 5 times, and included an image of the error on page 35 of this thread, and nada....I know Jason is quite busy, sent him 2 prvate messages and nada.

I waited for QI 2.7 for nothing.
    I realize this is a highly frustrating experience for you.

You could always try the Emergency Patch Removal from Preware?

Or, you could wait a day or so and see if Palm gets up WebOSDoctor 1.2.1, so Jason is able to update his repair utility. That way, you don't lose everything.

Jason goes to school and has three separate Utilities/Programs that he's trying to maintain ( and is following/suggesting/collaborating with about a zillion others, from what I've seen ) as the new updates have shown up. I'm sure he'd love to be able to answer every single troubleshoot request in person, but he's doing this solely as volunteer work.

As much as we appreciate Jason's hard work, I'm sure he must appreciate us being patient with him.

(And to be fair, 2.7 is working for many people, you had unfortunate luck in that the update ran over your old tweaks, I think you said yourself that everything was working fine until 1.2.1 was installed over them? Sorry if I don't recall exactly, there's a lot of stuff going on in this thread.)

Look at it this way, if you do Doctor your phone... upgrade to 1.2.1 and then you can always reinstall tweaks after it's all clean. Perhaps avoid that one tweak that was giving you grief until it's all been ironed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post

Or, you could wait a day or so and see if Palm gets up WebOSDoctor 1.2.1, so Jason is able to update his repair utility. That way, you don't lose everything.

(And to be fair, 2.7 is working for many people, you had unfortunate luck in that the update ran over your old tweaks, I think you said yourself that everything was working fine until 1.2.1 was installed over them? Sorry if I don't recall exactly, there's a lot of stuff going on in this thread.)

Look at it this way, if you do Doctor your phone... upgrade to 1.2.1 and then you can always reinstall tweaks after it's all clean. Perhaps avoid that one tweak that was giving you grief until it's all been ironed out.
    I just thought for those of us that made this mistake there was a way to remove tweaks and reinstall, easily without going thru so much crap.

I would hate to Doctor my phone as I don't want to lose all my texts and phonebook, i'd rather avoid doing that.

I just want to avoid being one of these that installed this and that and reversed this, reinstalled that and having a zillion issues....I had the phone for 5 days, didn't do anything to my phone, patiently waited till QI 2.7.2 was released, installed, then tweaks, all good, until OS 1.2.1 update.

Preware: is this as easy to install as QI?
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    wow, im still in the dark here...do I have to offer to pay for help?
    What is it that you are having trouble with?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Ok, I read through this entire thread and I still have not seen anybody respond to this.

I have a 1.2.1 phone, Dev Mode on. I installed numerous tweaks, and the virtual keyboard.

Everything was all good, and then I installed the "Original Blue" theme, and my launcher on the home screen does not work at all. The launcher button remains highlighted even after I press it, and also, I cannot access any of my apps. Therefore, I cannot turn off Dev Mode.

This is pretty irritating because my phone is pretty much relegated to only making calls and texts now (go figure).

It'd be nice if SOMEBODY could answer something about this question. I've seen numerous people ask about this and nobody has replied to it yet.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I just installed the Audio/Video Messaging Attachment tweak, but when I try to send files it says my device does not have enough room and to make room... My device has 3.8 gigs of free space and I'm only trying to send a song.

I've tried uninstalling the tweak and reinstalling it, but nothing is working. Any ideas?

I've posted this in the Official 1.2.1 Patch Discussion thread, but I haven't been getting any answers.
    @ LBJ:

I'm assuming you tried to uninstall and this is still happening? I'd maybe post a query in that theme's thread... Have you tried uninstalling through Preware, also?

You can kind of ham-handedly work around the missing launcher screen by using the universal search funtion. By typing in the word camera, that application should pop up in your search window. Maybe that will held a bit until a fix is made

Dev mode can be turned off by typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart on your keyboard.

It's hard to say what within the theme is causing this - that's why maybe asking the themer might be of help in narrowing down the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    What is it that you are having trouble with?
    Tanks for offering help, to not have to type the problem all over again, here is the thread: http://forums.precentral.net/1948791-post604.html

and here I posted an iage of the error when I try to uncheck them off of QI: http://forums.precentral.net/1949274-post643.html

Thanks for any help.

I installed Preware, can't find this Emergency Patch Removal
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    anyone have any idea on where to get the novacom files for mac? i've even tried downloading the sdk, but can't install on my machine because it only works with OS X 10.5 or later; I think this is all I need to get everything to work for me; does anyone by any chance have the Novacom file on their mac that they could send to me?
    @ LBJ:

I'm assuming you tried to uninstall and this is still happening? I'd maybe post a query in that theme's thread... Have you tried uninstalling through Preware, also?

You can kind of ham-handedly work around the missing launcher screen by using the universal search funtion. By typing in the word camera, that application should pop up in your search window. Maybe that will held a bit until a fix is made

Dev mode can be turned off by typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart on your keyboard.

It's hard to say what within the theme is causing this - that's why maybe asking the themer might be of help in narrowing down the issue?
    Yes, I tried uninstalling, and the theme uninstalled, but the tweaks will not. No matter how many times I uncheck them, they become checked again.

Can't get to Preware because my launcher is broken. I can't type anything in universal search, it doesn't work at all. I know how to turn off Dev mode and I know how to do the search function.

My low post count may suggest I'm a noob, but I've been lurking this site for a couple of months. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with installed tweaks or themes.

Unfortunately I think I may have to doctor my phone, which is something I REALLY don't want to do...

UPDATE: The creator of the Original Blue theme says it must be a problem with WebOS QI, which is what I figured. I also got some error messages that no longer pop up after I tried uninstalling the tweaks the first time.
    hey

I have a Small Yet Major problem ,

I Instaled a Theam on my Pre , but for some reason the instalation ONly whent haff way ,
    So in other words , I have HAFF the theam and i have no way of UNinstaling it . Also when i try to instal a theam over it ( to try to cover up the bug) it wont let me

So im stucvk with haff a theam with no way to take it off , do i need toDoctor my phone AGAIN!!!???!?!?!?! sti,,,

All this was done With webOS QI 2.7 and Webos 1.2.0 ( and yes i had taken ALL TWEAKS patch , theams , aps off befor upgrading to 1.2 )

thanx
    Alex
    Last edited by SelfCreation; 10/05/2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: forgot info
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkmonst3r View Post
    Ok, i ran the recovery patch OTA as well removed all patches, ran it from pc, it now says No patches found. = GREAT. i also remove all patches installed via quilt.
    so how am i still able to forward text messages.

And virtual keyboard does not show as installed on preware, and ask me to install when i find it in the patches section. Put if i double click the gesture area it will open the VKB and all the photos still show in my pictures.

Running the updates app stays with "Checking for updates..." circling...

and FINALLY...
    The Screen & Lock app shows is missing Brightness bar, and all slide tabs have been removed...

Any takers?
    reboot?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ckholladay21 View Post

Error:

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$re$

Is my only option to run web os doctor and wipe it? The phone and the tweaks I already got on there work fine...

Thanks!
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1948221

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I installed Preware, can't find this Emergency Patch Removal
    jtorres,

Do you have the "autopatch" feed installed in Preware? If so, go to Available Patches>Recovery>Emergency Patch Recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckholladay21 View Post
    Is my only option to run web os doctor and wipe it? The phone and the tweaks I already got on there work fine..

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yikes, don't doctor for this error. Upcoming v2.73 should correct the issue
    No, Jason said this should be fixed in the next release.

-Jay
    I just need an auto-thanks for anything Jason does.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmorel View Post
    1.2.1 PdfViewer does not work out of the box in landscape. You are right that the code to support orientation change is there completely. However you may have missed the nasty little 'return;' in the orientationChanged method that pretty much disable it ;-). I have put the new patch procedure here. Maybe you could turn it back again into a supported tweak?

Thanks in advance

Jacques
    Not sure why it's in the Repository since it's not working for 1.2.1, but hopefully it'll get fixed soon. Thanks for the heads up though.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks, get some rest.