Page 34 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    wow, im still in the dark here...do I have to offer to pay for help?
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    That is the same error I am getting with the Browser multi patch :

Error:
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Applying it anyway. [n]

Anyone know if the java files for Web OS Quick Installer are available for download anywhere? I looked in the jar but only see the class files.
    I was thinking of manualy editing the java fil for this tweak to change it to overwrite...
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have tried everything to try to fix this. After i installed webos 1.2 and go to tweaks it brings up the error: no device found. I've installed it several times and still nothing seems to work. I don't know what else to try... can somebody plz help me

My intuition says that after i connect the phone and put just charge my computer doesn't see the phone because when i bring up my computer is doesn't show that my pre is connected, so the drivers might not be installed but it doesn't prompt me to install it. and idon't know how to install it either

PLEASE HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRican View Post
    you are def not using the right quick install, go to the 1st post on this thread and look for the DOWNLOAD HERE, that's the one you need to download and run, it should work after that.... I had same problem, for some reason, I thought if I ran the old program, but we had to redownload it....
    Thanks KingRican but I did confirm that I was using 2.72 with the 1.2.1 OS.
    Sorry, I should have posted that in my original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
    I have tried everything to try to fix this. After i installed webos 1.2 and go to tweaks it brings up the error: no device found. I've installed it several times and still nothing seems to work. I don't know what else to try... can somebody plz help me

My intuition says that after i connect the phone and put just charge my computer doesn't see the phone because when i bring up my computer is doesn't show that my pre is connected, so the drivers might not be installed but it doesn't prompt me to install it. and idon't know how to install it either

PLEASE HELP
    I sounds like you may not be in developer mode. Is that enabled? Also, under options is the correct device to use highlighted?
    Bug in VK themes? Removed everything, including the VK which I had installed with Preware. Updated to 2.11, updated to QI 2.7, installed tweaks and VK patch. Initially worked fine; then I went into tweaks and changed from the default keyboard theme to the glossy one. When I tried using it, the keys aren't working correctly; hitting a J makes a P.....and there are several other faulty keys. I went back to the default theme and it works perfectly. For some reason the themes (at least the black glossy one) isn't working correctly.
    Preware is showing an update for the Add/Delete Pages in Launcher tweak. I applied it through WOSQI, so I removed it via WOSQI and re-applied thinking the up to date tweak would be pulled in. However, this did not happen as Preware shows I still need to apply an update.

So WOSQI tweaks don't get updated as the Preware/WebOS Internal patches get updated?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    yeah it's defenetly in developer mode and correct device is selected as well.............

what else can i try???
    yeah it's defenetly if developer mode and correct device is selected as well.............
    Go to your add/remove programs, find novacom and uninstall it.

After you do this, do the following:

Webos quickinstall > file > options > install novacom

Try this and see if it works.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Well, I've posted my issue about 5 times now, can't seem to get any help.

I will stick to a stock Pre I guess.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    And iPhone spoof caused this (or did I misread earlier posts)?
    I'm thinking not. In 2.72 does Luna reset as usual after every tweak (i.e. boot logo comes up)? I started at the top, I think Add/Remove pages, and my phone never reset, and by the time I was done, it was completely frozen. Something on my phone didn't agree with WQI, though I don't know what. A couple other people have reported their phones freezing permanently too.

All is well now, WebOSDoctor was giving me trouble at first but I tried a different USB port and waited to plug the phone in til the program said so. Sucks to have to start from scratch but oh well. I installed tweaks now via Preware, partially because I wanted to try it, partially because I was nervous. I'm sure I would have been fine though.

I want Twee back
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhajj View Post
    Anyone know if the java files for Web OS Quick Installer are available for download anywhere? I looked in the jar but only see the class files.
    I was thinking of manualy editing the java fil for this tweak to change it to overwrite...
    I sure don't , do you think that is the direction to take on this ? I guess so few people have this problem as of now that it is not going to get any attention just yet.
    Has the Text Forwarding patch been broken for anyone else??? It will ask me if I want to forward a message but wont do it, and the patch is UNREMOVABLE. Even with the EPR...

anyone seen this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    Well, I've posted my issue about 5 times now, can't seem to get any help.

I will stick to a stock Pre I guess.
    JT - you mentioned earlier that luna refreshed when you unchecked the tweak giving you a problem - did you reboot the phone after that to see if it removal stuck?

If if you rebooted and the problem was still there, I'd recommend giving the Emergency Patch Recovery from Preware (Do you have Preware?) a try.

If that doesn't work, wait until Jason updates the repair tool to match 1.2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    That is the same error I am getting with the Browser multi patch :

Error:

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$reg$

I sure don't , do you think that is the direction to take on this ? I guess so few people have this problem as of now that it is not going to get any attention just yet.

I guess I'll just use the Doctor to restore to 1.2
  16.    #676  
    Well, first off, no, the source files are not available for download. Particularily because WOSQI is closed source. Besides, it wouldn't do you any good anyway, as the issue is with the patch postinst/prerm inside the ipk in the jar. I'm workin on a fix anyway

Quote Originally Posted by legato View Post
    All is well now, WebOSDoctor was giving me trouble at first but I tried a different USB port and waited to plug the phone in til the program said so.(
    Hopefully Palm releases the v1.2.1 WebOSDoctor soon so I can update the Repair Utility

I guess I'll just use the Doctor to restore to 1.2
    yikes, don't doctor for this error. Upcoming v2.73 should correct the issue
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/05/2009 at 10:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    will do at soon as i get home from work.... i'll let you know how it goes
    yeah it's defenetly in developer mode and correct device is selected as well.............

what else can i try???
    I had the samething happen. I rebooted the PC and the phone and then was able to connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Besides, it wouldn't do you any good anyway, as the issue is with the patch postinst/prerm inside the ipk in the jar. I'm workin on a fix anyway

For clarification there is no issue with the postinst/prerm or the ipk. I can successfully install and remove the ipk multiple times without issue. The issue was with the old EPR (prior to 1.1.4) not cleaning the empty files up.

Hopefully Palm releases the v1.2.1 WebOSDoctor soon so I can update the Repair Utility
    Since 1.2.1 only changed very little, in the interim maybe the repair utility could verify the md5sums file on device with the 1.2.0 doctor for files that need to be reparied.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post
    JT - you mentioned earlier that luna refreshed when you unchecked the tweak giving you a problem - did you reboot the phone after that to see if it removal stuck?

If if you rebooted and the problem was still there, I'd recommend giving the Emergency Patch Recovery from Preware (Do you have Preware?) a try.

If that doesn't work, wait until Jason updates the repair tool to match 1.2.1.
    I just rebooted phone, and all tweaks on QI are still checked.

I am jut going to run webOSDoctor and the hell with it, going back to stock phone.

I posted about this ever since last night and i've posted and reposted 5 times, and included an image of the error on page 35 of this thread, and nada....I know Jason is quite busy, sent him 2 prvate messages and nada.

I waited for QI 2.7 for nothing.