Page 30 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    anyone else having problems with the change launcher opacity?. it worked when i set it to 40 the first time. i thought it was to transparent. went to unclick it and nothing changed. Also getting an error when trying to re-enable the tweak, back to the 100%

basically says:

an error occured when attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

and something about HUNK # 1,2, 3

tried uninstalling in device mode, same error.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    anyone else having problems with the change launcher opacity?. it worked when i set it to 40 the first time. i thought it was to transparent. went to unclick it and nothing changed. Also getting an error when trying to re-enable the tweak, back to the 100%

basically says:

yah, many people are reporting it. even if you take it off from dev management or preware, its still gives that error.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Sha I rebooted and everything is alright ..so you tried one line then ..exit.. I wasnt sure where and if there should be spaces in the cd lines..you reckon Jason will chime in and help us morals...
    Quote Originally Posted by joshdiep View Post
    I'm having trouble with some of the tweaks... (4x4 iconx) is anyone else?
    When I install it nothing changes?
    hey i was having some troubles earlier like that. I managed to get them to work by uninstalling all the tweaks and then trying to reinstall them one by one. hope that helps you out
    i dont know 27scoob i hope he will help lol, he is probably looking for whatever might be causing this trouble and will have another update when he finds it ,i really dont think he would leave anyone hanging lol, but he has alot of people bugging him im sure so just give him some time and he will help , right now im going to bed see yall tomorrow
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT......

So far everything was fine, i succesfully installed QI 2.7.2, all tweaks, etc., all was fine, till I decided to update to OS 1.2.1, restarted and all my tweaks are gone, apps are all there, but tweaks are gone.....is this normal? What do I do just re-do all tweaks?
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    I just now went to tweaks on QI, and unchecked Add/Delete Launcher pages and some long error came up, didn't make note of it, pre restarted tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post

basically says:

i used the launcher opacity on the sdk befor i did it on my phone cause i hear alot are havin problems just like you are, and damn the luck it did the same thing on my sdk that its done on your phone. the only fix i found that would work is load up preware and run the Emergency Patch Recovery and then apply your patches back with the QI

hope that helps you and anyone else out
    This really has nothing to do with Jason's program, it runs great! But I haven't seen this posted anywhere. Has anyone else had a problem with installing the "enter makes a newline" and "Word jump SYM+f" patches together. i can do one or the other, but not both. Both of them seem to move the code around so its off by a few lines. If anyone has seen someone post anywhere, lemme know. I'd like to see what they come up with.
    Getting error messages when applying the tweaks QS 2.71 with the Webos 1.21. I downloaded the the doc and the new QI 2.71
    I need some help here.
    whats your problem?
  12.    #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    QUESTION: do we still have to uninstall tweaks from all previous versions every single time a new version comes out? I just installed all 2.71 tweaks, then uninstalled them one by one when 2.72 came out, only to RE-install them one by one again. Gets kinda tiring.

Can anyone help with this?
    Tweaks/patches should be removed before WebOS OTA updates. But for WebOSQuickInstall updates, (v2.7+) you don't need to uninstall anything

Quote Originally Posted by justkeptfading View Post
    changing launcher opacity completely took out the launcher background, gave me a HUGE error screen stating

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html
    Hunk #1 succeded at 1 with fuzz 2.
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/lune-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 3.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 35.
    Hunk #3 Failed at 56.
    3 of 3 Hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    First off, BIG thanks for posting the error. It helps more than people just saying "xxx tweak doesn't work"
    It's interesting... Do you have the 4x4 tweak installed?
    Try Tools->Receive File on /usr/lib/luna/system/lune-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Then email me the file (jason [at] canuck-software [dot] ca)

Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    What happened to view pdf in landscape mode?
    At least from the code I saw in the 1.2.0 WebOSDoctor, doesn't it now work in landscape without modification now?It's possible I mixed up the files. Anyone wanna clear me up on this?

Quote Originally Posted by legato View Post
    I can't even get that far, the Doctor just tells me that it can't recover my phone.

In a chat with a Palm tech now.
    And iPhone spoof caused this (or did I misread earlier posts)?

Quote Originally Posted by spiritflare View Post
    Everything installed smoothly with 2.7, i can theme okay, i can't install tweaks though: (but some of the ones in the top right corner like Analog style clock work..)

tried battery % and brightness, neither work..
    ERROR: Unable to process patch to
    /usr/palm/application/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css

diflib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the chunk content doesn't match the target
    Any ideas? Everything else seems to working fine.
    O.o I don;t even use diflib anymore. Sounds like you're using 2.6 of earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    Can someone tell me what the "browser multi-mod" tweak does?
    For streamable links (.mp3, .mp4, etc.), this will give you the option to stream the link, or to download it. The URL bar will also now be visible in landscape. As an added bonus, you'll also have the following hotkeys in Web:
    • Backspace=top of page
    • Enter=bottom of page
    • Shift = page up
    • Space = page down
    • Period = scroll down a line

Currently some people are getting issues with this mod if they've used an older version via Preware

Quote Originally Posted by misslane05 View Post
    Mine is stuck on the palm glowing screen too, what should I do?
    To you, and those other who are having issues like this:
    What specific tweak was it that you used that triggered this?

Also, WebOSDoctor may be your best bet:
    Instructions:
    1. Disconnect your phone from your computer.
    2. Download the current WebOSDoctor from the links in post #1
      • If the tool does not autorun after you download it, double-click the tool file in the location where you downloaded it.
    3. Select your language and click Next.
    4. Click Accept to accept the terms of use.
    5. After the tool finishes checking your system, click Next.
    6. Boot your phone into recovery mode:
      1. If your phone is on, turn it off by pressing and holding the power button and tapping Turn Off.
      2. If your USB cable is plugged into your phone's microUSB port, unplug it.
      3. Plug your wall adapter into a socket, and attach your USB cable to it.
      4. While holding down the Volume Up button on the side of your phone, plug your USB cable into your phone. Continue holding the button down until the USB logo appears on the screen.
      5. Unplug your phone from the wall adapter, and connect it to your computer.
        • You must connect your phone directly to your computer, not through a USB hub or other intermediate device.
    7. Click Next.
      • Warning: Do not disconnect your phone from your computer during the flashing process. Disconnecting the phone cancels the flashing process and may damage your personal information.
      • Note: If the battery level is low, the recovery process first charges your battery. This can take up to one hour.
    8. When the Reset Complete screen appears, click Done.
    9. Wait a few minutes for your phone to reset.
    10. Follow the instructions on your phone to either sign into your existing Palm Profile or create a new one.
    11. The reset is complete when Card view appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazinfly View Post
    It is in the Online Repository tab of QI but it did not work for me. I assume Jason will have to fix a bug once he is free to devote more time to this project. May be a day or two until he is available to work on this again.
    Just wanna point out the Online Repository isn't managed by me, it's a WebOS-Internals thing. I help out every so often, but there's a lot of other people who upload and update patches there. I do try to make sure the System Mods/Styling Mods are always up to date, to the best of my ability, though. Online Repository are at-your-own-risk kind of thing, as they could be out of out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    I was using wq 2.03 until u set this up. But now my launcher only has 1 page with search on it.
    What tweak did you use that caused this?

Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    I have an interesting issue with 2.7. It seems when I have my phone plugged into my computer and QI 2.7 running, it forces my phone to repeatedly switch from "Phone Offline" to online. I missed a call while i was plugged in which is the reason I first noticed it. It will kill the phone service, then it restarts, then it kills it again, etc...
    Wow, that's a new one. Could be novacom, though I don't think that's restart the phone...

Quote Originally Posted by spiritflare View Post
    I receive the error:
    "Unable to process patch"
    O.o That error hasn't been in WebOSQuickInstall since v2.6. Go Help->About and check if you've got v2.72 or not

Quote Originally Posted by HarryOh View Post
    I tapped the update bar and when it got through downloading an "install failed: Not Enough Install..." showed on the download bar.
    That's a Palm-set app limitation. You can get around it by using WebOSQuickInstall or Preware

Quote Originally Posted by Loondog View Post
    Error 5
    Command: put file:///var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml
    Reply: file open failed
    Fixed with v2.72

Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    Is the fact that QI says no Virtual Keyboard found on my device mean I may not be able to install it?
    it just means it's not installed on your device yet. You can install Virtual-Keyboard via the Ipkg Feed button on the main mainscreen then going to the "WebOS-Internals (all)" section and downloading from there.
    Good morning/evening, Jason. Hope you got some sleep.

My 2.72 install went off without a hitch and I have successfully reinstalled the tweaks I had before.

Just made a second donation. I really appreciate your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Tweaks/patches should be removed before WebOS OTA updates. But for WebOSQuickInstall updates, (v2.7+) you don't need to uninstall anything
    Jason,
    I was on OS 1.2.0, installed QI 2.7.2 without a hitch and several tweaks and apps....however just now I updated to OS 1.2.1 and all my tweaks are gone, I launched QI and tried to uncheck a tweak and a got an error...how do I now go about getting the tweaks back on? I don't want to do anything else to avoid any further screw up on my part.

Thanks by the way for an awesome app.
    Work great thank you for all you hard work
    First, thank's a lot jason for your great work. I know i am not alone to thank you but i want to be part of them to thank you.

I do not remember if in the emulator we can adjust the language in regional setting and I also know that in you region bell do not give services but I think when something glich in WOSQI you would like to be aware of. Take it as an observation because this is not to put you on work after the type of week you passed to help all of us.

Those are in the french interface.

The first one is the label of : "Date et heure". There is no space between "et" and "heure". Example : "Date etheure".

Second regarding "LED notifications". In "Écran et verrouillage" the scrolling for "Luminosité" (brightness) disappear; The button to change the wallpaper does not work; the selector for advanced gestures is not there; the secure unlock is not there; the selector for notification "show when locked" is not there and the blinking led option and selector are not there to.

Thing to mention, if I pass in english language all selectors are there and if I activate the "blink notifications", even if I switch back in french it is working and took in account. When I receive notification it blink. When I use this tweak I have to switch momentarily in english to modify my selections.

Again keep the good work and thank you. Thank you again and I join one of the person in that forum and tell you that I am not a programmer so I could not build something like this but you permit us to have I more envoyable experience with the prprpré.

Best regards
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fzammetti View Post
    Hi Jason... freakin' awesome work, thanks a ton man!

I've installed most of the tweaks I want, but the Browser multi-mod is failing for me. I've attached the error I get. Doesn't seem to have done any harm, and when I go back into tweaks in QI it shows as unchecked as one would expect. I'm on webOS 1.2.1, WinXP, QI 2.72.

Thanks,
    Frank
    Hey jason how do we fix this ? If it is in terminal what is the step by step to remove the files. I have tried but not sure if I have entered them properly .
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Jason RE:PDF landscape...

I read that in the WebOS1.2 chatter myself, but no joy.
    PDF won't go to landscape... I've got OS1.2.1, have not had any tweaks or patches since before loading OS1.2.0.
    Do you think there are enough issues to warrant another rev roll for WOSQI or just more detailed instructions/care when loading?

I'm waiting for some of the dust to settle before I jump back into tweaks & patches. Looking forward to hitting the donate button on this!
    thanks!
    Jim
    I just got the Palm Pre just a couple days ago after much deliberating between the Pre and iPhone. Honestly, as long as the iPhone has exclusivity with AT&T...I won't even consider it.

That being said, shortly after getting my Pre I wanted to make sure it was up to date so I updated it to 1.2. Afterwards, my want to check for other apps led me to precentral.net. I was uplifted...then I saw that I couldn't install anything because nothing had been adjusted for 1.2. I waited patiently and now I am up and fully running to the latest update to webOS Quick Install.
    I can only think that Jason spent a great deal of time and effort to adjust his program for the Pre community.
    So Jason, I thank you for your efforts and now I can explore all the options here in Pre-land.