Page 28 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    yeah well 27scoob they showed us a way to fix but im not sure about using terminal and writing command line or whatever , so i would rather not do it that way lol , now if someone actually showed me how to do this stuff that would be different . oh well i will just have to wait for now ha ha, at least i can help a few others with their troubles while im waiting
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Yes I see .. But I have not use terminal either. Well if that is the confirmed only way to correct this then I will need a little more help mysef. I had a similar problem with the virtual keyboard.
    When I start terminal and type in the rm <file> I get an error stating can't rm because file is read only. Do I need to root my Pre to do this?

Thanks!

Bliip1234
    ummm.. Let mme get this straight. Ifwe install a tweak in prewarel woqi will see it. Ifwe install it woqi, preware does not see it. Why?

also, when I tell woqi to enable developermode I see like 30 of them. Removed it with woqi and tried preware. Same thing... ????
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    When I start terminal and type in the rm <file> I get an error stating can't rm because file is read only. Do I need to root my Pre to do this?

Thanks!

Bliip1234
    do you have terminal and terminal plugin installed i think you need both

i also just noticed that there are alot of others some in the browser multi patch thread right now with this same problem so......
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    im having a problem i cant get the keyboard to install and i cant get timestamp to install or the patch either... now my text is working but i cant open a text i have ... i send my wife a test text, the text went thru but when i swip back it shows me the text on the list but cant open any of the conversations... my phone shows biuld 172 dont know if this is means anything?
    Just a question here....

Can a tweak be made to landscape the launcher page?
    I successfully intstalled Virtual Keyboard...but how do you launch it? Ihave had it show up a couple of times, but not sure what I hit to have it show up....how do you launch it?
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    Quote Originally Posted by unspokenguy View Post
    Hi, when i download the quick install and hit yes to download webos doctor, nothing happens. I downloaded the webos doctor by myself and still nothing happened. I have everything up to date and I have a mac. Can somebody help me please?
    So i finally got it to recognize webos doctor, then it says, restart quick launch, i click ok, then the window disappears and nothing happens, so i cant restart it if it doesn't open. Please someone help me
  10.    #550  
    Wow, 28 pages since my last visit...time to read up on what I've missed
    have a question i put some tweaks on this morning when i was running 1.2 and my phone updated to 1.2.1 with the tweaks on.. and now i dont have the tweaks anymore but webos still says they are installed and i cant get them back
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Wow, 28 pages since my last visit...time to read up on what I've missed
    wow jason just did what you said to do delete two line items to get the web browser multi patch to work and its a no go it wont work for anything lol , oops sorry hope you slept well lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by sreyes View Post
    im having a problem i cant get the keyboard to install and i cant get timestamp to install or the patch either... now my text is working but i cant open a text i have ... i send my wife a test text, the text went thru but when i swip back it shows me the text on the list but cant open any of the conversations... my phone shows biuld 172 dont know if this is means anything?
    I had this problem the other day, I ran the webos doctor. That completly restores your phone to new. Then reloaded everything bad all works fine now after a few small bumps in the road.

There is also the webos repair which to my knowlage does not work with 1.2.1..
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Jason , thanks for everything !!!! If I have trouble with installing browser multi patch. ...error 4 with preware and no luck with QI do I have to use terminal to fix it ?
    I got my pre about a week ago, didn't add anything to it until today I have succesfully installed QI 2.7.2 and several tweaks without a problem or any glithces...but today the phone after all this I had it in my pocket this evening and had to get it out because it was awfully hot and I had it in the generic sleeve included in the box, man the phone was HOT.

Any thoughts? This wasn't the case prior to today. And I did notice the battery ran out super fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingr0n View Post
    have a question i put some tweaks on this morning when i was running 1.2 and my phone updated to 1.2.1 with the tweaks on.. and now i dont have the tweaks anymore but webos still says they are installed and i cant get them back
    try going into webos QI and into tools,device manager then look in the applications tap on the right and on the patches tap (click on the tap to change it) make sure you look in both apps. and patches ,dont ask why thats what happened to me they were in both places . just put a checkmark on the ones you want to uninstall
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    I got my pre about a week ago, didn't add anything to it until today I have succesfully installed QI 2.7.2 and several tweaks without a problem or any glithces...but today the phone after all this I had it in my pocket this evening and had to get it out because it was awfully hot and I had it in the generic sleeve included in the box, man the phone was HOT.

Any thoughts? This wasn't the case prior to today. And I did notice the battery ran out super fast.
    your in the wrong thread for that lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    try going into webos QI and into tools,device manager then look in the applications tap on the right and on the patches tap (click on the tap to change it) make sure you look in both apps. and patches ,dont ask why thats what happened to me they were in both places . just put a checkmark on the ones you want to uninstall
    thanks but it doesnt have the tweaks in there the only place that i can see them is under the tweaks section.. and even after i uncheck them and restart the pre they are still checked but not active on the phone
    Tried to install iPhone spoof, got error message "An error ocurred while attempting to run /tmp/iphone-spoof.sh" "The webOS build number is not 166" "Installer exited abnormally"

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingr0n View Post
    thanks but it doesnt have the tweaks in there the only place that i can see them is under the tweaks section.. and even after i uncheck them and restart the pre they are still checked but not active on the phone
    did you look in thetweaks tab and in the applications tap too ,if not just look if so then idk .thats where some of mine ended up i had to uninstall from there .
    left click on where it says applications

yeah iphone spoof no worky worky either
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη