Page 27 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zatch0823 View Post
    I was able to download the new webos quick install and opened it. When I go to "help" at the top then down to "about" it shows version 2.7.2. My problem is the icon for webos quick install on my desktop when opened says version 2.0.

My quesiton is how do i get the updated webos quick install icon on my desktop instead of the old one. And also even when I open the new one it doesnt look like the new one but the version says it is. Am i doing something wrong? should i uninstall the old one before I install the new one?

Thank You
    Zach Robey

P.S. Can someone please make a University of Kentucky Theme!!!!
    put the new downloads into a folder by themselves with the empty install folder make sure they are not on desktop with the other webos QI jar and web doc ,separate them and make sure your opening the right one if you have to delete the old files then download the new ones
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    A webosdr recovery would fix it yes but thats more trouble than its worth. Check your PM should be pretty straightforward.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    any of you guys got this working with Mac OSX? When I double click webos, it picks up doctor, then I re open it, it doesnt open.
    Well, I installed avatar tweak, of course, then sent the picture to the right file. It worked, but... my messaging slowed to a c-r-a-w-l. So I deleted the picture out and deleted avatar tweak as well. I dont know, maybe its the other messaging tweaks together with it that causing this. It started after I put the picture in the images file.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Having troubles with the Browser Multi‐Mod. not able to install thru QI or preware patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is repair utility updated for 1.2.1 already ?
    maybe you can help ...i installed a theme earlier and can not revert back to original the option is greyed out in the QI
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardoapg View Post
    Sorry for my bad english.

You need to delete to files via terminal.
    The instructions via terminal:
    write this comand:
    cd usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/

then write this comand:
    rm downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs

Then write:
    exit

You exit from terminal mode, and open again the terminal mode (root mode).
    Now, write this comand:
    cd usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/

Then write this comand:
    rm download-stream-popup.html

Then write:
    exit

In this moment you exit from therminal mode and realy delete the two files.

Now install the Tweak (patch) "Browser Multi-Pad" by the Quick Install (2.72) or Preware. The patch now install ok.

Regards
    Well since its out there and again this is at your own risk even easier. From terminal

rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html
    Exit

close the terminal window and reboot your phone. Try to reinstall.

You really only need to cd to the directory if you want to do an ls afterward to make sure they are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleComplex View Post
    I actually have the opposite problem I think. My launcher is listing in 5x4 format but the 5x4 patch doesn't show up as being installed in preware or quick install. I can pull up my apps and patches and they all show up with the exception of this 5x4 patch. I have looked everywhere, even under my kitchen sink and it shows up nowhere. Well, it does show up in the error message I get when trying to install another launcher patch. Need a plan C when niether preware nor quick install can be used to uninstall a patch that is installed.
    just to be sure when you looked in the webos QI did you look in the apps as well as the patches . dont ask me why but thats where it was when this happened to me , just follow my directions i posted and look in the applications,under user installed content ,if you have already really looked in here then recovery tool is all i got ,then try again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse13 View Post
    Well since its out there and again this is at your own risk even easier. From terminal

rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html
    Exit

close the terminal window and reboot your phone. Try to reinstall.

You really only need to cd to the directory if you want to do an ls afterward to make sure they are gone.

There is no need to reboot your phone after removing those files. reinstall then restart luna after removing the files via terminal

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by SCC_Jim View Post
    maybe you can help ...i installed a theme earlier and can not revert back to original the option is greyed out in the QI
    try the link in this post it will take you too a download that should replace default theme if the theme was made by prethemer all you do is drag and drop it into webos QI
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I tried to reinstall before restarting luna and got the same error. It did take a restart in order to fix for me. If it doesn't work straight away restart and try again before thinking it didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Having troubles with the Browser Multi‐Mod. not able to install thru QI or preware patch.
    Second that.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Sorry was that the help for the browser multi patch I was asking about . I am getting an error 4 . the log seems to show some thing is already installed causing the error. I have not rooted the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    There is no need to reboot your phone after removing those files. reinstall then restart luna after removing the files via terminal
    thanks guys but im not so sure about using terminal so i will have to wait , the web multi patch was fine until the update when i uninstalled it to reinstall the update fri or sat . i dont know if it was the update or what . anyways i guess i will just do without lol

i guess im not the only person having trouble with the web multi patch others are too lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    just curious is anyone having problems with getting avatar to show in chat ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cballin22 View Post
    just curious is anyone having problems with getting avatar to show in chat ...
    you have to go into web os and load your pic in there then put it into some folder on ur phone but i have no clue as to where you put it sorry
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    No Sha .. you are not the only one having trouble with Browser multi patch. Hopefully we can get some pointers in the right direction soon.
    I just wanted to thank you for your hard work on this I really apPREciate it...
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    if ur using quick install though it should do it automatically for u it has in the past when u do it in the new version it ask what pick it restarts luna svc but then when u go back to tweaks the check is gone n no avatar is in the char if u do it through the autopatcher then u have to actually put the file in the folder that ur speaking of
    OK had a busy day (so this lands on page 27), but wanted to say thank you to Jason and all that helped him. It was a long weekend and I recognized that he did not get any sleep over this.

Much appreciated!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)