Page 26 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    go into web QI and click on tools,device management a box open and to the right is a list of installed apps or click on where it says installed apps and a list of installed patches will show then check what you want uninstalled ,but look in both sections for patches that wont uninstall because i have found them in both sections
    alrite, so i did that. it does not show up in device mngmt anymore, nor does it show up in preware....but i still have a 0% opacity in the launcher.

when i go to webos QI tweaks, styling mods...launcher opacity is unchecked but i get same error if i try to install:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    am I the only person who has to search and search for the link to download the .jar file for this app?
    is repair utility updated for 1.2.1 already ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by sguberski View Post
    am I the only person who has to search and search for the link to download the .jar file for this app?
    look on the first page of this thread for any info you might need its all there
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    jason told me to delete to files in my phone to get web multi patch to work and it still wont install its showing error 4 anybody know how to fix??
    Did you try to delete them via terminal? When I tried it through the qi it didn't work manually deleted them through terminal and restarted the phone and I was able to install it via preware. I was getting the same error. For whatever reason qi isn't deleting the files.
    Quote Originally Posted by sguberski View Post
    Page 1, post 1 of this thread. See download here under the gold donate button.
    Hi, when i download the quick install and hit yes to download webos doctor, nothing happens. I downloaded the webos doctor by myself and still nothing happened. I have everything up to date and I have a mac. Can somebody help me please?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I think I always end up looking for it as an attachment (it used to be one no?) Anyhow, nice app/donated etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    alrite, so i did that. it does not show up in device mngmt anymore, nor does it show up in preware....but i still have a 0% opacity in the launcher.

when i go to webos QI tweaks, styling mods...launcher opacity is unchecked but i get same error if i try to install:
    did you reboot phone after uninstalling then go in and try to reinstall ,if so i dont know this is what i had to do and it worked if the repair utility is up to date that might be easier to do
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i updated everything on my phone and have a clean 1.2.1 running and the newest webosinstall and dev mode turned on and it cant locate my device. everything was working before ***? help
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse13 View Post
    Did you try to delete them via terminal? When I tried it through the qi it didn't work manually deleted them through terminal and restarted the phone and I was able to install it via preware. I was getting the same error. For whatever reason qi isn't deleting the files.
    i dont know how to use terminal maybe you could pm me some directions lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmeigoo View Post
    i updated everything on my phone and have a clean 1.2.1 running and the newest webosinstall and dev mode turned on and it cant locate my device. everything was working before ***? help
    reboot both phone and computer then try if not then reinstall novacom driver
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hmm well if your not at all familiar with terminal you probably don't want to poke around in it. I guess worst case you would end up restoring from Webosdr if you mess up the wrong thing. I guess if you want shoot me a PM and I will send you instructions at your own risk. Would be much easier is someone could just write a short script to kill those two files. I don't know how to do it or I would.
    well ,will restore utility catch the problem?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I was able to download the new webos quick install and opened it. When I go to "help" at the top then down to "about" it shows version 2.7.2. My problem is the icon for webos quick install on my desktop when opened says version 2.0.

My quesiton is how do i get the updated webos quick install icon on my desktop instead of the old one. And also even when I open the new one it doesnt look like the new one but the version says it is. Am i doing something wrong? should i uninstall the old one before I install the new one?

Thank You
    Zach Robey

P.S. Can someone please make a University of Kentucky Theme!!!!
    Here's a question for all of you. I recently installed 1.2.1 and whenever I try to install a few patches like 4x4 icons in the launcher, I receive the following error:

Error Installing [4]

I then click on the IPKG log and it seems that the error revolves around "ErrorGenericMethodException." Never had an problems until I updated WebOs to 1.2.1 today!
    go into web QI and click on tools,device management a box open and to the right is a list of installed apps or click on where it says installed apps and a list of installed patches will show then check what you want uninstalled ,but look in both sections for patches that wont uninstall because i have found them in both sections, this should work . this is exactly what i did to get an app that wasnt on my phone but web os said was installed
    I actually have the opposite problem I think. My launcher is listing in 5x4 format but the 5x4 patch doesn't show up as being installed in preware or quick install. I can pull up my apps and patches and they all show up with the exception of this 5x4 patch. I have looked everywhere, even under my kitchen sink and it shows up nowhere. Well, it does show up in the error message I get when trying to install another launcher patch. Need a plan C when niether preware nor quick install can be used to uninstall a patch that is installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse13 View Post
    jason told me to delete to files in my phone to get web multi patch to work and it still wont install its showing error 4 anybody know how to fix??
    Sorry for my bad english.

You need to delete to files via terminal.
    The instructions via terminal:
    write this comand:
    cd usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/

then write this comand:
    rm downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs

Then write:
    exit

You exit from terminal mode, and open again the terminal mode (root mode).
    Now, write this comand:
    cd usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/

Then write this comand:
    rm download-stream-popup.html

Then write:
    exit

In this moment you exit from therminal mode and realy delete the two files.

Now install the Tweak (patch) "Browser Multi-Pad" by the Quick Install (2.72) or Preware. The patch now install ok.

Regards
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    You are supposed to place both files into the same directory and then run the WebOS QI. Did you do that?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Just wanted to add my THANK YOU to the eveloper of QI. It truly made me love my pre even more by being able to install these tweaks. Thank you very much for your time.