Page 21 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tray1999 View Post
    Thank you Jason. Love the new options. Some people questioned Preware making Quick Install obsolete, you definitely proved them wrong.
    Preware and Quick Install have no intention of making each other obsolete. One is a host-based installer, and one is an on-device installer.

Jason and I talk constantly to make sure that the two apps are compatible and interoperable. They are different apps done by different people, so will always have some differences and unique features, but in general we work together for the community, not against each other

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i have three tweaks that preware says are installed that are not installed and dont show up in webos QI. i dont know why or how to fix . thats what im trying to do myself lol
    this may be a dumb question but i have to ask, did you reset luna after the install of your patches
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    I also trid a different Email account that only has 12 email in it and they still will not delte with the delete all button.

Anyone have any ideas why it does not work?
    I could not get it to work before with WebOS 1.2 before either.
    I have a Gmail IMAP account set up that had 5 emails in it. The delete all button worked for me but it deleted them one at a time and took about 5 seconds to delete each email.

So, to the guy that has 1000 emails, what I would do is try to access your account from a PC and delete them that way otherwise it will take you forever with the Pre, providing you can get it to work.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Awesome job. I was looking for a way to enable roam only since I'm working at a client site with terrible signal levels for Sprint, but awesome signal levels for Verizon. I can't wait to try this out Monday!
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Well i used launcher opacity tweak, and it has destroyed my launcher. Plus my physical keyboard does not work anymore after this. So basically my phone is not usable for the most part. Any fixes guys? I can't have this

Launcher opacity is at 0% is what I changed it to in the beginning. QI shows its not checked, and on the phone it's there. I can't get it off. Someone help
    connect phone and go into webosQI then tweaks then online repository then recovery tool
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmedjpain View Post
    this may be a dumb question but i have to ask, did you reset luna after the install of your patches
    what do you mean reset??? not that i know of lol i have never even messed with it . why??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    connect phone and go into webosQI then tweaks then online repository then recovery tool
    I'm doing that right now. Hopefully I get my phone back

Did those steps, and it didn't remove launcher opacity, and my keyboard still does not work.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  8. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    In Device Management, on the list of installed applications, along with all the stuff I have installed I also have four instances of...

"This is a webOS application."

What's happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    In Device Management, on the list of installed applications, along with all the stuff I have installed I also have four instances of...

"This is a webOS application."

What's happening?
    i believe they are old apps that have changed names or went on to the mother app store lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    what do you mean reset??? not that i know of lol i have never even messed with it . why??
    If you installed tweaks via WebOS QI, I think it resets Luna after each tweak is applied. If you install via Preware, you can get the Luna manager app and reset it that way.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Here is how I corrected the Launcher Opacity tweak error:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html
    Hunk #1 succeded at 1 with fuzz 2.
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/lune-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 3.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 35.
    Hunk #3 Failed at 56.
    3 of 3 Hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

After I got the error, I could no longer install any additional tweaks. I was able to correct my problem by using the uninstall patch option found on QI Device Management screen. Just locate the Opacity Launcher patch from the list, select it and uninstall. After that all was good. Your mileage may vary, but thought I'd post what worked for me.
    some patches dont reset luna but it still needs to be reset to see/use the patch. it could be as simple as that you need to reset luna so you can uninstall them. you can get the luna manager from preware if you dont have it yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    If you installed tweaks via WebOS QI, I think it resets Luna after each tweak is applied. If you install via Preware, you can get the Luna manager app and reset it that way.
    i did not have to restart luna with any other patch why would i have to on just one or two of them that make no sense at all ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    thanks for all the hard work jason.. you're the man
    i second that motion
  15. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    i believe they are old apps that have changed names or went on to the mother app store lol
    What makes you draw that conclusion?

I Doctored my phone a couple days ago completely back to a clean 1.2.0 install. Since then I have updated to 1.2.1 and loaded the latest versions of apps I wanted from both Palm's catalog and PreWare.

If your theory remains after I've told you that, then please help me understand your reasoning.

Thanks,
    xtn

PS - I'm debating the idea of just having webOS Quick Install uninstall those four items and seeing what happens, but I'm a little hesitant. I'd like to see what Jason says first.

PSS - I've just donated. Thanks for your efforts Jason.
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    Here is how I corrected the Launcher Opacity tweak error:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html
    Hunk #1 succeded at 1 with fuzz 2.
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/lune-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 3.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 35.
    Hunk #3 Failed at 56.
    3 of 3 Hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

After I got the error, I could no longer install any additional tweaks. I was able to correct my problem by using the uninstall patch option found on QI Device Management screen. Just locate the Opacity Launcher patch from the list, select it and uninstall. After that all was good. Your mileage may vary, but thought I'd post what worked for me.
    Yeah this is what i had to do in order to get it off. As for emerg patch recover, doesn't it delete after use? Didn't seem to do that on mine. Still in programs...
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Jason can you make a tweak so that when i put the Pre on the touchstone i can turn of the light, i dont want to see the time while the pre is on the touchstone, is this possible?

aslo what is the difference installing tweaks or patchs if there is any?
    i dont know what they are i was just guessing is all ,it could be general apps that come stocked with the pre
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    i did not have to restart luna with any other patch why would i have to on just one or two of them that make no sense at all ???
    When I installed a patch via Preware, I had to restart Luna for the patch to work. When I install a tweak using WebOS QI, during the install process, Luna restarts automatically.

It was just a suggestion to get your problem fixed, if you don't want to try it, then don't. Sometimes we all have to try things we don't understand or doesn't make sense in order to get our problems fixed.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Anybody know how I can uninstall the battery icon using root, cuz it's showing up that i have it downloaded already and i'm getting an error, but it's not showin up in my header. Tried uninstalling it all other ways and reinstalling, but still gets error.
    Holly, no I don't the root version.

You said "all other ways", but you didn't specify which ways those were. I take it you already tried installing and uninstalling via Preware and the various versions of QI. The only way I could clear my Preware version of Virtual Keyboard was to install it on QI 2.03, then uninstalling.

The other thing I was thinking about, was if you are on 1.2.0, run the WebOS Repair Utility. It prompts you at each difference it finds and you have the option to accept or deny the change. And it give you the option to look at the code it wants to change. I think you are sharp enough to detect what you want changed. I don't think it's good for 1.2.1 yet.