Page 19 of 165 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
    Im having problems getting the avatar to change to my picture, I did the tweak. And I attempted to follow directions to put the picture in that folder it says to put it in, and it says I put it in there. But nothing changes in messaging, am I missing something entirely?
    i belive the pic has to be a png file
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    Did you press the power button? I only ask cuz some people on here make me wonder sometimes.....
    lol yea i tried that one, thanks though
    Thanks again Jason for all your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmedjpain View Post
    i belive the pic has to be a png file
    Yeah, it is. Is there something else I should be doing, like settings somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickOrsak View Post
    LED notification tweak isnt working i added it and its not in prefs did i do sumthin wrong?
    To enable LED notification, go into the "screen and lock" preferences and you can enable it from there. Did that and it works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    In preware, the "available patches" is grayed out. Everything else is working properly. How do I make the "available patches" - available?
    have you downloaded the autopatch feed to your phone

look for it in list of everything in preware
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    For the system mods, what does the "Browser Multi-Mod" do?
    Jason,

Thanks a ton for all your hard work, I will be donating shortly.

Messaging in landscape mode with on-screen keyboard is amazing.
    IM getting an error message when trying to enable landscape messaging and it doesnt work..
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    For the system mods, what does the "Browser Multi-Mod" do?
    Page 1, post #4 has an excellent PDF file that describes all of the tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnderson127 View Post
    Jason,

Thanks a ton for all your hard work, I will be donating shortly.

Messaging in landscape mode with on-screen keyboard is amazing.
    allows you to use the url bar on top of web page while in landscape mode and page up page down abilities ,if you click on it ,it will tell you what it does lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    have you downloaded the autopatch feed to your phone

look for it in list of everything in preware
    Yep. Even uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated the feed through the preferences. Kinda lost now, had it yesterday before I had to run the doctor. Everything else is working flawlessly.
    Just to make it clear, This new quick install lets me install themes on my pre (WebOS 1.2.1)?

&

Can i install themes from preware 9.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfast View Post
    Just to make it clear, This new quick install lets me install themes on my pre (WebOS 1.2.1)?

&

Can i install themes from preware 9.1?
    yes and yes
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    Yep. Even uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated the feed through the preferences. Kinda lost now, had it yesterday before I had to run the doctor. Everything else is working flawlessly.
    what about service manager and luna manager ,theres something your missing, gnu patch??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i would plug in the battery and plug it in to charge for a while like an hour

here try this

1) Turn your Pre completely off. If the lock screen is so messed up that you can't turn it off, remove the battery to kill it. If you have to take the battery out, leave it out until I tell you to put it back it.

2) Plug your Pre into the USB port on your computer.

3) Press and hold the volume up button. Do NOT let go of the volume up button until I tell you to.

4) Turn on your Pre. If you had to remove the battery, put it back in now.

5) Within a few seconds at most, (maybe instantly) you should see a large USB symbol that fills the screen of the Pre. Once you see that symbol, you can let go of the volume up button.

6) On your desktop run the WebOSDoctor. It should be a .jar file. When you double click on it, depending on what OS you have and what other software you have installed, it may try to open it like a .zip file. This is NOT what you want to do. If that happens, close out whatever opens, and then right click the WebOSDoctor and select "run with Java" or something like that.

7) From there, you'll get a nice friendly program that you will basically just dumby-click though.

*note - WebOSDoctor will NOT work if your battery is dead. So, if your battery isn't charged, just plug it in to charge for an hour or two first.

ok thanks, i finally got webos doctor running, i was gettin scared for a minute, i have no idea what i did to cause this but thanks for the help and thank god for webos doctor lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
    I keep getting the error "no device detected" I have the Pre in dev mode. Using WobOS quick install 2.72

Any ideas?
    update... i prob took the long way to fix this issue, but ill tell you and hope it helps out some. it was a novacom driver problem for me. yet others things on my pc were goin down hill, so...

i did the partial erase to get a clean work space.
    then i had to uninstall and reinstall both virtualbox and the sdk.

that fixed the driver problem and any others i may have

hope that lil bit of info can help some what
    i didnt see any recovery patch in preware
    Jason ur the Preman thanks dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    ok thanks, i finally got webos doctor running, i was gettin scared for a minute, i have no idea what i did to cause this but thanks for the help and thank god for webos doctor lol
    just hit the thanks button!! and you are very welcome!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη