Page 18 of 165 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymad View Post
    I also just added the add date to top patch 5 minutes ago and I am in exactly the same situation. How do I make it go away?
    See if it shows up as a patch installed on Preware, since they are picking up on each other, you may find it there and be able to uninstall.
    Is there a good technical writer in the house?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    if your having problems installing tweaks or new patches and it gives you the error 5 its because the patches were not completly removed so run emergency patch recovery and the tweaks will work
    do this using preware
    unless you can use the patches on quickinstall
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Anybody know how I can uninstall the battery icon using root, cuz it's showing up that i have it downloaded already and i'm getting an error, but it's not showin up in my header. Tried uninstalling it all other ways and reinstalling, but still gets error.
    nvmedjpain

just trying to help lol

ok just trying to help lol if your running vista 32 i have the novacon driver you need i had to modify it myself to work with my computer
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    ok i got a problem, i installed all my tweaks fine. i then installed the "original blue" theme. when it was done my phone was blank no lights no nothing, i waited a few minutes and nothing so i tried holding down the power button and nothing so i waited a few more minutes and pulled the battery, i put it back in and turned it on and its been about 5 minutes and all i have is palm on the screen and its not pulsing or anything.

any suggestions?
    uninstall it or run the recovery patch
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Anybody know how I can uninstall the battery icon using root, cuz it's showing up that i have it downloaded already and i'm getting an error, but it's not showin up in my header. Tried uninstalling it all other ways and reinstalling, but still gets error.
    now you know what i was saying right lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    nvmedjpain

just trying to help lol

ok just trying to help lol if your running vista 32 i have the novacon driver you need i had to modify it myself to work with my computer
    i know your tryin to help im runnin win 7 x86 the driver is diff. i tried the fix for the driver and nothing. so im gonna try to uninstall virtualbox and the sdk then reinstall and hope all goes well
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    uninstall it or run the recovery patch
    QI is saying that it isnt connected, i cant get it to do anything!

whats the recovery patch and how can i run it?
    Quote Originally Posted by zathrath03 View Post
    On the main screen of WebOS Quick Install, click on the third button on the right (beneath the minus sign, looks like a drive with an arrow). Click the arrow on the right side of the dropdown box that says PreCentral App Gallery Feed and select WebOS-Internals Feed (all). Check Virtual Keyboad, click download, and install as normal.
    Great, that worked, I installed it, then went back to the Virtual Keyboard tab and selected theme, Pre did soft reset....this might sound dumb, but how do I launch it?
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    LED notification tweak isnt working i added it and its not in prefs did i do sumthin wrong?
    QI is saying that it isnt connected, i cant get it to do anything!

whats the recovery patch and how can i run it?
    go into preware and go to patches look for recovery patch it will uninstall all tweaks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    go into preware and go to patches look for recovery patch it will uninstall all tweaks
    i dont have preware and my phone wont even turn on.

and sense it wont turn on can i even use webosdoctor?

and how long should it take the phone to come back on after i've pulled the battery? maybe im just freaking out for no reason
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Only issue I'm having is the online patch for date with year on top bar.. Doesn't work - can't seem to find a place to remove it.. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Otherwise - working AWESOME.

Well I found it in PreWare by having it show me all - but it can't uninstall - Failure during 'prem' operation. Is this a danger at all?

and how long should it take the phone to come back on after i've pulled the battery? maybe im just freaking out for no reason
    take your battery out for about 10 seconds

connect your pre to the computer via usb

hold the volume up button

put the battery back in

you should see the usb logo or something on your phone and you should be able to run webosdoctor
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    Finally got around to donating $5 after dragging my *** for a bit. great work, and really appreciated. I hope everyone sends at least a $1 for this great app. Even if you are a cheapskate who believes everything in life should be free, sending a buck won't kill you and will certainly help with continued development. Plus, how much value have these tweaks added to your Pre? Certainly much much more than that!
    I just donated $10...good work Jason!

Did you press the power button? I only ask cuz some people on here make me wonder sometimes.....
    Im having problems getting the avatar to change to my picture, I did the tweak. And I attempted to follow directions to put the picture in that folder it says to put it in, and it says I put it in there. But nothing changes in messaging, am I missing something entirely?

i would plug in the battery and plug it in to charge for a while like an hour

here try this

1) Turn your Pre completely off. If the lock screen is so messed up that you can't turn it off, remove the battery to kill it. If you have to take the battery out, leave it out until I tell you to put it back it.

2) Plug your Pre into the USB port on your computer.

3) Press and hold the volume up button. Do NOT let go of the volume up button until I tell you to.

4) Turn on your Pre. If you had to remove the battery, put it back in now.

5) Within a few seconds at most, (maybe instantly) you should see a large USB symbol that fills the screen of the Pre. Once you see that symbol, you can let go of the volume up button.

6) On your desktop run the WebOSDoctor. It should be a .jar file. When you double click on it, depending on what OS you have and what other software you have installed, it may try to open it like a .zip file. This is NOT what you want to do. If that happens, close out whatever opens, and then right click the WebOSDoctor and select "run with Java" or something like that.

7) From there, you'll get a nice friendly program that you will basically just dumby-click though.

*note - WebOSDoctor will NOT work if your battery is dead. So, if your battery isn't charged, just plug it in to charge for an hour or two first.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    In preware, the "available patches" is grayed out. Everything else is working properly. How do I make the "available patches" - available?