Page 17 of 165 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loondog View Post
    All of the tweaks installed just fine for me but I am having problems with themes.

After installing all the tweaks I wanted, I tried to install the blue theme and during the install an error popped up which said:
    Error 5
    Command: put file:///var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml
    Reply: file open failed

after clicking ok, and forced to complete the operation, the launcher would not open any more. I was thinking that perhaps I forgot to put pre into dev mode. I could not access any apps at all.

I ran webos doctor and restored my pre. Updated it to 2.1.1 and made sure to put it into dev mode. The first action I ran with WebOSQuickInstall was to install that same theme (tried other themes also), same message again. This is on a fresh doctored install of Webos.

Anyone else having this problem?

edit: on the doctored install, it allows access to the launcher and apps, but WebOSQuickInstall will not allow me to revert back to default theme....it is greyed out.

edit #2: ok all is well again. I rebooted computer, re-downloaded QI and re-downloaded the theme zip file. Tried it again, and did not receive the error.

Thanks
    I had the exact same issue and it is with the "Blue Theme" I see you used the Doctor to restore, I know of at least two others that have this issue. Is this the only way to solve this? Pre still list it's apps in Quick Install..but can't get to them using the Launcher.. Can't put back the default theme..
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmedjpain View Post
    im havin the same problem, worked with iq 2.7 but not with 2.72. im runnin win 7 x86 and webos 1.2.1 im workin on a fix for it now, ill update if all goes well
    no device detected is usually novacom driver try rebooting both the phone and computer and try again then if not reinstall novacom driver
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Where is this "emergency patch recovery tool " I am hearing about?
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumyra21 View Post
    i cant seem to get my pre to connect to the quick install. when i try it just says so device found.

i am using my pre and we have windows xp home edition.
    i connect pre hit just charge open the quick install, then hit 3rd button and says connect device, then hit ok and still nothing. please help

thank you
    Double check that your pre is in developer mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    ^^

What he said.
    On my QI 2.72 under virtual keyboard says Virtual Keyboard not found on my device and a link for more info, which takes me to On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals , however they offer to install via Preware or QI, obviously via QI not an option.

Is the fact that QI says no Virtual Keyboard found on my device mean I may not be able to install it?

Has anyone else come across this and been able to get it installed somehow? or will I have to install Preware and go thru there?

Ijust dont want to install preware if I dont have to.
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    Quote Originally Posted by zathrath03 View Post
    ^^

What he said.
    in the preware patches.....
    Quote Originally Posted by On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals[/url
    , however they offer to install via Preware or QI, obviously via QI not an option.

Is the fact that QI says no Virtual Keyboard found on my device mean I may not be able to install it?

Has anyone else come across this and been able to get it installed somehow? or will I have to install Preware and go thru there?

you can install the keyboard thru the new QI 2.7.1
    Quote Originally Posted by zathrath03 View Post
    I used the add date to top bar with no year without a problem.
    Yes, but can you remove the add date to top bar patch? That is what the issue seems to be. I could use it. I just did not like it and there was no uninstall option.
    By the way, on QI, the tab for Online Repository, is this for additional tweaks not on the 1st tab, I didnt select anything from there just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    you can install the keyboard thru the new QI 2.7.1
    I have QI 2.7.2, and that tab everything is grey'd out and says Virtual Keyboard is not found on your device.

Remember Virtual Keyboard is hidden by default on the Pre, seems like this is saying my Pre has no VK pre-installed....anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    On my QI 2.72 under virtual keyboard says Virtual Keyboard not found on my device and a link for more info, which takes me to On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals , however they offer to install via Preware or QI, obviously via QI not an option.

On the main screen of WebOS Quick Install, click on the third button on the right (beneath the minus sign, looks like a drive with an arrow). Click the arrow on the right side of the dropdown box that says PreCentral App Gallery Feed and select WebOS-Internals Feed (all). Check Virtual Keyboad, click download, and install as normal.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    Open up Quick Install v2.7, click on Tools at the top, then click on Tweaks in the dropdown menu. Proceed to click on the Online Repository tab at the end of the new window, and you'll pull up a list of additional tweaks/patches in the left column. Scroll down to the "Emergency Patch Recovery" patch, then hit the "Install" button in the right column.

I resorted to this option 20 minutes ago since I wasn't able to independently remove the "Add Date to Top" patch. The only downside to doing this is that you will have to go back and manually reinstall patches and tweaks that you actually want to keep on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I just finished using the doctor and reinstalling preware. However, when I pull up preware it won't let me choose "available applications", "available patches", or "available themes." These are grayed out.

Did I not download a file for these to work?
    Sorry I thought i was still in the preware thread, so i was trying to point someone to this method. lol, just got jumpy to help
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymad View Post
    Yes, but can you remove the add date to top bar patch? That is what the issue seems to be. I could use it. I just did not like it and there was no uninstall option.
    The person I quoted stated they were unable to install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    I just finished using the doctor and reinstalling preware. However, when I pull up preware it won't let me choose "available applications", "available patches", or "available themes." These are grayed out.

Did I not download a file for these to work?
    In order for preware to work you need the package manager service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    no device detected is usually novacom driver try rebooting both the phone and computer and try again then if not reinstall novacom driver
    I know its a novacom problem, at the same time I'm havin PC problems so one thing at a time
    Hot damn this rocks. Mad props.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ok i got a problem, i installed all my tweaks fine. i then installed the "original blue" theme. when it was done my phone was blank no lights no nothing, i waited a few minutes and nothing so i tried holding down the power button and nothing so i waited a few more minutes and pulled the battery, i put it back in and turned it on and its been about 5 minutes and all i have is palm on the screen and its not pulsing or anything.

any suggestions?