Page 164 of 165 FirstFirst ... 64114154159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Searched through a huge amount of pages to see if anyone else had this problem...no luck...
    http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...whatswrong.jpg
    Last edited by TheTolsonator; 01/29/2010 at 07:45 AM.
    Is version 3.0 of WebOSQI available yet, I know it's going to be in a new thread that will be started.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by gilesjp1 View Post
    Hello all,

I have a palm pre plus from verizon running 1.3.5.1, windows vista 64 bit, java 6 rev 18 and cannot get WOSQI to install correctly. I try to open the jar file and get a command prompt box that opens and closes for about a half second. Please help. Thank you.

Edit:
    Just tried again and I get the error "could not find the main class"
    Apparently there is a problem with version 1.18. Go back to 1.17.

And just wanted to say... TOLD YA SO, MILO!! Updating is NOT a good idea if it's not a security risk. Just breaks things for no reason.

And yea, Jason is comin' up with 3.0 that will take care of a few things. Pretty sure he'll tell us here.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    does this message make any sence to anyone?

An error occured, return value:28
    collected errors:
    only have 0 available blocks on filesystem /media/cryptofs/, pkg com.michaelpule.mynotofocation need 1 bad statfs

same for fcoaster
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    When I attempt to install patches, I'm getting a ERROR: "an error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgscript.sh" it also gives ERROR: "cannot find /var/usr/bin/isdiff". Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.
    I have been trying to use quick install but i can not get it to load every time i double click on it I get a window that says

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: C:\Users\Booboo\Desk
    op\WebOSQuickInstall/jar

there is alot more but I cant get it to pause break before the window disappears.
    My webos doctor works as i accidentally restored my pre by clicking on it. they are both on my desktop
    I have latest Java installed I tried clicking on the java to use a default and i get above error
    if i use Javaw I get the following

Couldn't find main class; program will now exit.

Please please help
    Thanks in advance vo you help with this my email address is caclbmc@hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    When I attempt to install patches, I'm getting a ERROR: "an error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgscript.sh" it also gives ERROR: "cannot find /var/usr/bin/isdiff". Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.
    Seems to be a new problem goin around...Looking for a fix still
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    try to *manually* install lsdiff and GNU Patch from WebOS QuickInstall. Doing so will help you! (i've tried to do so and it helped)
    P.S. Don't forget to say "Thanks!"
    alright, to all those of you who like i have been getting error messages trying to use quick install, what seems to have worked for me is that when i connected the phone and it prompted me to click on usb mode, sync or charge, i didnt select anyone, i just loaded quickinstall and it recognized the phone and it went ahead and installed everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesjp1 View Post
    Hello all,

I have a palm pre plus from verizon running 1.3.5.1, windows vista 64 bit, java 6 rev 18 and cannot get WOSQI to install correctly. I try to open the jar file and get a command prompt box that opens and closes for about a half second. Please help. Thank you.

Edit:
    Just tried again and I get the error "could not find the main class"
    Sounds like Java is goofed up in some way for handling .jar files. Try running it manually. Bring up a command console window (Start->Run then enter cmd and click OK). Click on the window that just came up and cd to where you saved the webosquickinstall.jar file. Next, enter the command...

java -jar webosquickinstall.jar

Check the window for the message that appears in that window. Perhaps somewhere in that will be a clue as to the problem.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igor.cv View Post
    try to *manually* install lsdiff and GNU Patch from WebOS QuickInstall. Doing so will help you! (i've tried to do so and it helped)
    Tried it, but it still didn't work. Same error message!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igor.cv View Post
    Forget me saying it didn't work. Downloaded the wrong one. Once I downloaded the right patch, it appears to have worked! Thanks a lot!
    How do I "manually" install the Isdiff and GNU Patch from WebOS QuickInstall? I am learning pretty fast, but I'm still just following directions without knowing exactly what I'm doing, so it doesn't make as much sense to me yet. Thanks by the way for the awesome info so far (thanks goes to lots of people on here!).
    Or, how do I go back to Java 1.17, instead of the Java 1.18 that seems to be causing the problem. I can do all the homebrew apps, but not the patches or "tweaks".
    Nevermind, I figured out the Isdiff and GNU Patch installation, and everything works great now! thanks!
    Manually loaded the lsdiff and gnu patch again (tried last night to no avail) and this time it worked...Thanks igor.cv!
    Quote Originally Posted by austinquattro View Post
    Nevermind, I figured out the Isdiff and GNU Patch installation, and everything works great now! thanks!
    So, HOW do you download them and install them seperately. Don't leave us hanin'

I had a problem that I was unable to install Preware (after removing it due to it crashing)..and every time I tried to install it with WebOS Quck Install, it would ask for the GNU Patch and the diffstat (I think). I was able to successfully install Preware by using the Preware installer. This is the executable that doesn't use the WOSQI GUI.

I found that this also installs the patches needed to use WOSQI.
    I found them in the webos internals pre feed. Hit the down arrow on the right to bring up the feeds and then select the feed.
    Hey all, the problem I first ecountered was that when I tried to open anything (options, themer, etc...) on WebOS quickinstall, nothing would pop up. I never got the option to install novacom and since i can't open up the options window, I am not able to select the re-install option. I was hoping someone, anyone, would have some insight on my problem. Running this on windows 7 64-bit. Thank in advance.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm afraid to try this on my Verizon Pixi because support for it doesn't seem to be mentioned and I'm scared of bricking..

Can anyone confirm they got this to work on Verizon?