Page 163 of 165 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #3241  
    Anybody know how to unistall a patch that doesn't show up on your phone? I totally reset my phone and re-installed preware but now there's a patch that won't install and the IPKG Log says the folder that the patch is trying to create is already there so the install fails every time. Is there anything I can do???
  2. #3242  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypreny26 View Post
    Anybody know how to unistall a patch that doesn't show up on your phone? I totally reset my phone and re-installed preware but now there's a patch that won't install and the IPKG Log says the folder that the patch is trying to create is already there so the install fails every time. Is there anything I can do???
    Stuck patches plagued me until I performed a partial erase. Your programs will have to be reinstalled but your patches will be unstuck, if your experience mirrors mine and othersl.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3. #3243  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Stuck patches plagued me until I performed a partial erase. Your programs will have to be reinstalled but your patches will be unstuck, if your experience mirrors mine and othersl.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypreny26 View Post
    Anybody know how to unistall a patch that doesn't show up on your phone? I totally reset my phone and re-installed preware but now there's a patch that won't install and the IPKG Log says the folder that the patch is trying to create is already there so the install fails every time. Is there anything I can do???
    go to a command line and type:

    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches*

    no partial erase needed
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4. #3244  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypreny26 View Post
    Anybody know how to unistall a patch that doesn't show up on your phone? I totally reset my phone and re-installed preware but now there's a patch that won't install and the IPKG Log says the folder that the patch is trying to create is already there so the install fails every time. Is there anything I can do???
    If the error is complaining about a folder that already exists... why not just remove it??

    rm -r /stuck/package/folder/

    NOTE: be careful that you get the folder 100% right as shown in the error.
  5. ChiSox420's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #3245  
    I have connected my phone to my comp with Dev Mode On and in just charge mode but neither WebOS quickinstall nor WebOS Repair Util is able to recognize my device being connected. This problem is occurring right after I tried to use preware to update all my patches and was able to update all but the virtual keyboard.

    Anyone with any ideas on what to do?
    Last edited by ChiSox420; 01/27/2010 at 01:41 PM.
  6. #3246  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    go to a command line and type:

    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches*

    no partial erase needed
    Command line stuff scares some - with great reason according to the posts I've seen on the topic. That said, are ALL patches (reportedly interchangeable with the term "tweaks") from WebOS Internals?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  7. #3247  
    Why is it that when ever i use prewere to update the patches installed it makes them not show up at all with webos quick install this is annoying you cant use a combo of both but one or the other lol all my patches said they needed updated last night so i said ok update them and now v KB will not work at all and none of the patches show up at all in webos quick install...
  8. GigaS27's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #3248  
    Why is this crap being talked about in QI thread...no offense.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  9.    #3249  
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Why is this crap being talked about in QI thread...no offense.
    wosqi 3.0will have a new thread
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  10. #3250  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox420 View Post
    I have connected my phone to my comp with Dev Mode On and in just charge mode but neither WebOS quickinstall nor WebOS Repair Util is able to recognize my device being connected. This problem is occurring right after I tried to use preware to update all my patches and was able to update all but the virtual keyboard.

    Anyone with any ideas on what to do?
    More than likely, you are having Novacom issues, which shouldn't be happening if you've gotten WOSQI to work for you before. But basically, pay attention to step 5d here...

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html

    All you really need to do is make sure that your phone is NOT plugged in to your computer... and then run the newest Doctor, which would be 1.3.5.1 or newer!! You should see the Novacom drivers installing and when it gets to the last step, "Connect your phone to your USB cable" or whatnot... simply close the Doctor and WOSQI _should_ work. If it doesn't... a restart might be in order.

    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Why is it that when ever i use prewere to update the patches installed it makes them not show up at all with webos quick install this is annoying you cant use a combo of both but one or the other lol all my patches said they needed updated last night so i said ok update them and now v KB will not work at all and none of the patches show up at all in webos quick install...
    Already answered you in another thread, but two times won't hurt, right?? If you'll look at the Applications drop-down menu in WOSQI, you'll notice that your patches are listed in there. This was a "bug" effected by webOS 1.3.5.

    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    This a great example, could you provide the readers with a "specific example" so there is no confusion
    Unfortunately, I can't right now. But that's the great thing about it being a general example... if an ipkg log error states that /such/and/such/folder/ already exists... you just open Terminal and type:

    rm -r /such/and/such/folder/

    But, again... BE CAREFUL!!
  11. #3251  
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Why is this crap being talked about in QI thread...no offense.
    Um maybe because i posted the question there because its something to do with both webos QI and preware...
  12. #3252  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    More than likely, you are having Novacom issues, which shouldn't be happening if you've gotten WOSQI to work for you before. But basically, pay attention to step 5d here...

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html

    All you really need to do is make sure that your phone is NOT plugged in to your computer... and then run the newest Doctor, which would be 1.3.5.1 or newer!! You should see the Novacom drivers installing and when it gets to the last step, "Connect your phone to your USB cable" or whatnot... simply close the Doctor and WOSQI _should_ work. If it doesn't... a restart might be in order.

    Already answered you in another thread, but two times won't hurt, right?? If you'll look at the Applications drop-down menu in WOSQI, you'll notice that your patches are listed in there. This was a "bug" effected by webOS 1.3.5.

    Unfortunately, I can't right now. But that's the great thing about it being a general example... if an ipkg log error states that /such/and/such/folder/ already exists... you just open Terminal and type:

    rm -r /such/and/such/folder/

    But, again... BE CAREFUL!!

    Thanks i did a bunch of searching but i could not find it maybe did not use the right key words... cant wait for QI 3.0
  13. b8b
    b8b is offline
    b8b's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #3253  
    Quote Originally Posted by b8b View Post
    Where do we download it seperately?
    Is there no other way than to download the whole 220 MB Sprint Pre? I have the Verizon Pre Plus and have a bad internet connection (living out of town, on flakey wireless, unfortunately)
  14. #3254  
    Quote Originally Posted by b8b View Post
    Is there no other way than to download the whole 220 MB Sprint Pre? I have the Verizon Pre Plus and have a bad internet connection (living out of town, on flakey wireless, unfortunately)
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    If you use a download manager... it can resume downloading large files with flaky connections.
  15. #3255  
    is it because i am 1.3.5.1?? i click web doctore to do a full erase and am now back to 1.1.0 and it still giving me the error message and asking me if i remembered to install package manager service... any help would be greatly appreciated
  16. #3256  
    Quote Originally Posted by audiman972 View Post
    is it because i am 1.3.5.1?? i click web doctore to do a full erase and am now back to 1.1.0 and it still giving me the error message and asking me if i remembered to install package manager service... any help would be greatly appreciated
    Speak Engrish!!

    If you Doctor with 1.3.5.1, then you have 1.3.5.1... not 1.1.0.

    You should probably try downloading the newest Doctor from here, if you really want to Doctor your phone and start from scratch, since you already did the full erase.

    And just outta curiosity... do you have a Sprint Pre or wha?
  17. #3257  
    I keep getting errors when i try to use the installer. I am using 2.96 and i have 1.3.5.1 on my pre. If i dont get teh DEVICE NOT FOUND error i get some errors about the url for the feeds are incorrect and cannot be found. Not sure why i cant get this thing to work.
  18. #3258  
    Quote Originally Posted by rev313 View Post
    I keep getting errors when i try to use the installer. I am using 2.96 and i have 1.3.5.1 on my pre. If i dont get teh DEVICE NOT FOUND error i get some errors about the url for the feeds are incorrect and cannot be found. Not sure why i cant get this thing to work.
    Chances are it has to do with not enabling Dev Mode or not having Novacom installed properly. See steps 2 & 5d in the first link in my sig.

    I think there were problems with the webos-internals feeds this morning, so perhaps that has something to do with the feeds error you received?? Don't see how you got that if you got the Device Not Found error, tho...
  19. #3259  
    Hello all,

    I have a palm pre plus from verizon running 1.3.5.1, windows vista 64 bit, java 6 rev 18 and cannot get WOSQI to install correctly. I try to open the jar file and get a command prompt box that opens and closes for about a half second. Please help. Thank you.

    Edit:
    Just tried again and I get the error "could not find the main class"
    Last edited by gilesjp1; 01/28/2010 at 05:40 PM.
  20. #3260  
    Ok I have run this on 2 other pre's perfectly.
    I cannot get it to run I have used webos and started from the begining 5x now and I need help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions