Page 162 of 165 FirstFirst ... 62112152157158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Do we verizon people just jump in with a diff WebOS doc or should I just wait?
    Welcome! Congratulations on your new phone.

I believe you can jump right in. The WebOS Doctor is only used by WebOS Quick Install to extract the Palm Novacom driver setup in order to be able to form a communication link between your PC and your Phone.

You will need to download it separately, rename it to webosdoctor.jar and place it into the same folder where you place webosquickinstall.jar.

The reason that Jason's program offers to download the "doctor" for you is that in case you get into a situation wherein you need to get your phone back to "as delivered from the factory / wireless provider", you would have the right version of the "doctor" already on your PC. I don't believe the current version of WebOS Quick Install would be able to download the Verizon "doctor" for you, since it was created before the Verizon version was available.
  2. b8b
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    You will need to download it separately, rename it to webosdoctor.jar and place it into the same folder where you place webosquickinstall.jar.
    Where do we download it seperately?

I want to love my pre, so far I am not at all good at it. I Loved my iPhone (just not the network), liked my Droid and hated my Storm II. We'll see what this can do. Sure looks cool. I want an on-screen keyboard and stuff, looks like I need preware to set this up right.
    Quote Originally Posted by b8b View Post

I want to love my pre, so far I am not at all good at it. I Loved my iPhone (just not the network), liked my Droid and hated my Storm II. We'll see what this can do. Sure looks cool. I want an on-screen keyboard and stuff, looks like I need preware to set this up right.
    Yes Preware will do all the above for you. Use WebOS Quick Install to get Preware on your phone or I also believe there is an installer (.exe file) that you can directly on your phone.... Not sure where though. You might want to do a search in these forums for it.

WebOS Quick Install can also do some of the tweaks for you as well.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I'm so greatful for all the work thats being done here, but this tweaking thing is too time consuming. I'm starting to regret my purchase but I have a year and a half left. I want a phone that just works. I know the pre works without all the tweaks but it's these tweaks that palm should be doing themselves. Sorry I'm no longer finding the appeal to this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielwe77 View Post
    I'm so greatful for all the work thats being done here, but this tweaking thing is too time consuming. I'm starting to regret my purchase but I have a year and a half left. I want a phone that just works. I know the pre works without all the tweaks but it's these tweaks that palm should be doing themselves. Sorry I'm no longer finding the appeal to this phone.
    Hey Daniel, welcome and here is a bit of advice, you might wanna consider a phone that is not open sourced. Like maybe something with Windows on it if you are looking for a phone that has every functionality built in. Google and Palm develop phones that are made specifically to be tweaked and customized to the user. This is why homebrew is so big and Palm and Google support us. I am sure we will see a lot of these patches pushed in the future and some wont be but remember, WebOS is still a baby...and you should have done research before you bought this phone, because you would have known that. But...if you give it time and grow with all of us here...then you will see some amazing changes in the not to distant future. It's all about patience with Palm. Becoming a part of something great and helping Palm to grow into the best smartphone makers on the market. They can only do it with out help and input.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    Hey Daniel, welcome and here is a bit of advice, you might wanna consider a phone that is not open sourced. Like maybe something with Windows on it if you are looking for a phone that has every functionality built in. Google and Palm develop phones that are made specifically to be tweaked and customized to the user. This is why homebrew is so big and Palm and Google support us. I am sure we will see a lot of these patches pushed in the future and some wont be but remember, WebOS is still a baby...and you should have done research before you bought this phone, because you would have known that. But...if you give it time and grow with all of us here...then you will see some amazing changes in the not to distant future. It's all about patience with Palm. Becoming a part of something great and helping Palm to grow into the best smartphone makers on the market. They can only do it with out help and input.
    I really liked what darkheart777 had to say! Yeah, i get more info on my Pre from precentral, than I do from Palm. When i contact a palm service rep, their first answer is to say it can't be done, or our technicians are working on that, but here at precentral & the homebrew guys, they actually try to answer you or make a solution!! Thanks Guys!!!
    New Pre + on Verizon to be delivered today. Any reason I can't jump right into WebOS Quick Install on this device?
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrete View Post
    New Pre + on Verizon to be delivered today. Any reason I can't jump right into WebOS Quick Install on this device?
    Not sure what differences there are between the Sprint and VZ versions. At the minimum, you need to make sure that it has WebOS 1.3.5.1. If your VZ Pre has WebOS 1.4, I'd wait a bit to see if the compatibility works. Maybe Jason can shed some light on this...?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Hi folks

First - thanks for all the great stuff on this forum... I didn't get any sleep on my first night of "newnes" but, still.

So, I completed the QI installation (including the palpitation-indicung "Yes" to downloading WebOSDoctor.
    Downloaded the sample application (Remix) - o problems.

I then tried to get into the Tweaks for Patches... not so good. Got the "GNU/... not present", lost my nerve and bailed! "Better to fight another day..." etc excuse for chickening out!

Are there any updates for 1.3.5.1 that we should wait for, or not? The documentation did not get into the GNU issue.

Thanks
    russ

WebOS Internals maintains links to all available versions of the WebOS Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Hi folks

First - thanks for all the great stuff on this forum... I didn't get any sleep on my first night of "newnes" but, still.

So, I completed the QI installation (including the palpitation-indicung "Yes" to downloading WebOSDoctor.

I then tried to get into the Tweaks for Patches... not so good. Got the "GNU/... not present", lost my nerve and bailed! "Better to fight another day..." etc excuse for chickening out!

Are there any updates for 1.3.5.1 that we should wait for, or not? The documentation did not get into the GNU issue.

Thanks
    russ
    You can review my "Getting Started" document. The GNU file etc. is mentioned on page 1.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    This a suggestion, which may have been suggested many times before, but I have not been able to find a reference to it and hope this is the right forum to submit the suggestion. Since WebOSQI displays what applications and patches you have on your Palm, how about an option to be able to write/save that info to a text file into the "media/internal" directory. That way you you could then put your Palm into "USB Drive" mode and copy the file(s) to your PC for printing or safe keeping. The reason I am suggesting this is that as you know every time you do an upgrade of the OS you are suppose to remove the "patches". Some of us have installed several patches and they change with the OS being installed because an old patch may not be supported by the new OS. I have been doing a manual operation of writing down the info or doing a save screen on my PC, not the kindest way of doing things.

Thanks for your consideration...
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    This a suggestion, which may have been suggested many times before, but I have not been able to find a reference to it and hope this is the right forum to submit the suggestion. Since WebOSQI displays what applications and patches you have on your Palm, how about an option to be able to write/save that info to a text file into the "media/internal" directory. That way you you could then put your Palm into "USB Drive" mode and copy the file(s) to your PC for printing or safe keeping. The reason I am suggesting this is that as you know every time you do an upgrade of the OS you are suppose to remove the "patches". Some of us have installed several patches and they change with the OS being installed because an old patch may not be supported by the new OS. I have been doing a manual operation of writing down the info or doing a save screen on my PC, not the kindest way of doing things.

Thanks for your consideration...
    That's what AUPT is for, I believe.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html

Quote Originally Posted by Danielwe77 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rcrete View Post

Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Hi folks

Thanks
    russ
    hello all, i read a few of the pages and did exactly as stated. did the dev mode installed web os, web dr, novacom, installed manager service package and preware and did it all, and when i tap on the preware icon on my phone it ask if I remember to install package manager service and says error, tells me to reboot and try again. i have done this several times and it still does not work. i even tried to uninstall and reinstall step by step. and my bro did his and it works just fine.. he even tried to do mines and it still says the same thing. Am I missing something?? pplease any help is greatly appreciated . i just want to love my pre
    Hi folks

Thanks for the help so far.
    I seem to have got WebOsQuickInstall setup. I have succesfully followed the direction and got the (Remox) of the music App downloaded.
    I want to Download patches. I go to "Tools\Tweaks".

I no longer get the GNU / DiffStat error.

When I try apply a Patch (4X4 v3), it seems to take. Reboot Luna - nadda.
    Go to "Device Management", and it shows up... under "APPLICATIONS".

If I remove/uninstall the App, and go back to Tweaks (but go to "Online repository), I get the following error when attempting to install the same patch:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3.postinst: line 24: /var/usr/bin/lsdiff: not found
    ERROR: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/lsdiff

I researched this, and found a reference to an "old opacity mod", but I do not see how that applies, since this is a brand new phone, running 1.3.5.1, and this is the first patch I am trying to apply!

Thanks

russ
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    That's what AUPT is for, I believe.

AUPT
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Search for it. The webOS Internals folks have a thread that explains it, but basically it means no more need to uninstall patches before an OTA OS update.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    So now that AUPT is avail, how do we make this work with people who use QI only?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    So now that AUPT is avail, how do we make this work with people who use QI only?
    OK so i found out it will be updated in QI 3.0
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2181426
    Sprint Palm Pre-