Page 161 of 165 FirstFirst ... 61111151156157158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by paolina View Post
    i ran web os doctor. did I erase all my text messages!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?
    yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    ::Update:: This is definitely a version problem. Everything installs fine on version 1.3.1 but when i had updated to the latest WebOS version...it broke WebOS QuickInstall. Version 1.3.5.1 i think breaks WebOS Quick Install. At least in my case. FYI Jason!
    Ditto. I should have known better not to install the latest WebOS 1.3.5.1. WebOSQuickInstall is no longer working properly.
    Heya peeps, I am having a serious problem. I have recently Doctored my phone and now I am trying to reinstall apps through Quick Install. I am running across this error when I do...

I am trying to download apps from WEBOS Quick Install and i get an error each time i download them

the error is =
    "only have 0 available blocks on file system/media/cryptofs/apps, pkg com.palm.app.agenda needs one bad statfs"

this is a problem because I also cant seem to download Preware or the package manager either or luna manager or anything for that matter. If it is an app..I get the above error, if its package manager or something from the internals feed...i get nothing...it doesnt install.

The only thing i can think of is that with the update, that section that WebOS Quickinstall is trying to save to no longer exists with how everything got moved around. So....when I try to download the emergency migration tool....guess what, it wont download. However, I AM able to download apps from the app catalog. So...dows anyone know a solution?

I am going to Doctor my phone and try installing Preware BEFORE I download the latest update to see if this is a issue with the WebOS version. I will keep you all posted. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions...

::Update:: This is definitely a version problem. Everything installs fine on version 1.3.1 but when i had updated to the latest WebOS version...it broke WebOS QuickInstall. Version 1.3.5.1 i think breaks WebOS Quick Install. At least in my case. FYI Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by tdraiss View Post
    Ditto. I should have known better not to install the latest WebOS 1.3.5.1. WebOSQuickInstall is no longer working properly.
    I can't comment on whether or not webOS Doctor has anything to do with the problems that you're experiencing--I have never Doctored my phone--but I suspect that *may* have something to do with it. Either way, I just caution blaming the webOS update, as I and many others have updated to 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1 without having any issues with webOS QI v2.96 (assuming that is the version you are running).
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by tdraiss View Post
    Been running Quick INstall with WebOS 1.3.5.1 with no issues (other than the ones Jason already knows about but patch installs still work). I also dr'd my Pre before installing 1.3.5.1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Been running Quick INstall with WebOS 1.3.5.1 with no issues (other than the ones Jason already knows about but patch installs still work). I also dr'd my Pre before installing 1.3.5.1.
    This.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Ok I am going to attempt to explain an issue I am having with WOSQI. It has to do with accessing the tweaks part of the program. When I do...I get the following error...

When I click on tweaks the following message appears...

Error 5
    Command: put file:///media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/arch.conf
    Reply:file open failed

Then a message appears telling me I am missing one or both of the following programs...
    GNU Patch and Diffstat and asks me if I want to install them. I click yes and the screen appears that says this should take up to a minute to complete.

then another error appears with the following information

ERROR:An error occured while attempting to install file.ipk
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.patch (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    an error occured, return value:4
    Collected errors
    cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch.
    check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

I click OK and then it states the following

org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed.

then the following error appears...

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.patch (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    Collected errors
    cannot find package org.webosinternals.diffstat.

then i click OK and then it states the following

org.webosinternals.diffstat_1.45_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed.

and then the following happens...I tried to install the patch "squarify the screen" and then restarted luna...

and......

My Pre was completely erased!!!! I mean i had no programs....I had no ringtones...I had a black screen where there should have been a wallpaper....however the patches were still in place! So i restarted my Pre...and when It came back on...everything was back
    but out of order...my programs were only on one page and my wallpaper was back

so I went to try WOSQI again and I went to tweaks and the same thing happened all over again. So...whats the deal???

In my Preware installed packages I see that Gnu Patch and Diffstat are installed.
    But they arent being recognized by WOSQI...

So.....who wants to troubleshoot THIS one!!!

I am still inclined to believe its a WebOS Version problem. I am thinking it has something to do with where things are. I mean...like the file movement that Web OS version 1.3.5.1 did. I am inclinced to believe that maybe WOSQI is looking in the wrong place for things maybe? Since the files got moved...maybe WOSQI doesnt know where they are anymore...Whaddya think. Just a green persons opinion...

Please Advise....
    Last edited by darkheart777; 01/24/2010 at 04:21 PM.
    Ok I am going to attempt to explain an issue I am having with WOSQI. It has to do with accessing the tweaks part of the program. When I do...I get the following error...

Error 5

Then a message appears telling me I am missing one or both of the following programs...
    GNU Patch and Diffstat and asks me if I want to install them. I click yes and the screen appears that says this should take up to a minute to complete.

Collected errors

Collected errors

and then the following happens...I tried to install the patch "squarify the screen" and then restarted luna...

and......

My Pre was completely erased!!!! I mean i had no programs....I had no ringtones...I had a black screen where there should have been a wallpaper....however the patches were still in place! So i restarted my Pre...and when It came back on...everything was back

so I went to try WOSQI again and I went to tweaks and the same thing happened all over again. So...whats the deal???

In my Preware installed packages I see that Gnu Patch and Diffstat are installed.

I am still inclined to believe its a WebOS Version problem. I am thinking it has something to do with where things are. I mean...like the file movement that Web OS version 1.3.5.1 did. I am inclinced to believe that maybe WOSQI is looking in the wrong place for things maybe? Since the files got moved...maybe WOSQI doesnt know where they are anymore...Whaddya think. Just a green persons opinion...

Please Advise....

I had a sim. prob after going from 1.3.5 to 1.3.5.1 had to do a full erase and then doctor after that all was good not sure why but thats what i had to do
    is accessing The linux command line that you get through WebOS
    QI 2.96 a quicker way to root your pre? or is this some thing totally different.

I have Mac OS 10.6 running WebOS Qi 2.96.
    receive files won't work on my 1.3.5.1 =(. i click receive but nothing happens

Error 5

Collected errors

Collected errors

and......

Please Advise....
    DANG!! There are plenty of people around here smarter than me, but it sounds like gitit20's suggestion to do a full erase THEN doctor may be something to try. Have you tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I had a sim. prob after going from 1.3.5 to 1.3.5.1 had to do a full erase and then doctor after that all was good not sure why but thats what i had to do
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    So quick to point out current symptoms and throw blame. So quiet in telling what they do to induce the problem.

Maybe try doctoring back to a very old version, use a fake profile, then get current version upgrade and use real profile.

The reasons have been discussed in great lengths, but basically the older versions cleaned better. The fake profile leaves the phone clean for the update, then the real profile puts your stuff back.

Look around and you can find the older versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    So quick to point out current symptoms and throw blame. So quiet in telling what they do to induce the problem.

Maybe try doctoring back to a very old version, use a fake profile, then get current version upgrade and use real profile.

The reasons have been discussed in great lengths, but basically the older versions cleaned better. The fake profile leaves the phone clean for the update, then the real profile puts your stuff back.

Look around and you can find the older versions.
    What the hell is THAT supposed to mean. I already figured the older versions cleaned better. I am only throwing blame where blame is due. I am no technician, engineer, or programmer, but what I am is educated. I have already figured there was problems. IMO there could only be two reasons why those problems existed....either the current WebOS version or WOSQI. THAT decision was come upon when I did use an earlier version of WebOS...1.3 and everything was fine.

what did I do to induce the problem you arrogant SOB....I simply updated my phone and installed WOSQI. so instead of putting down people who are just identifying problems for Jason or whoever to work on....maybe you should sympathize...it goes a long way...

In the meantime...since i have ALREADY TRIED DOCTORING MY PHONE (you would know that if you read my post), i will wait and see if the update fixes the problem or maybe wait it out and see if these errors are fixed in the new WOSQI update AND 1.4.

Arrogant people **** me off I swear!!! We identify problems because identifying problems helps the programmer fix them!

Ok im done fumming....seriously though...chill on the negative comments. I am only trying to help!
    @darkheart777 The reason he wants you to doctor back to 1.2.1 is because it will erase EVERYTHING off your phone. The 1.3.1 doctors and up just reflash the firmware, and don't remove certain patches like the diffstat patch, etc.

So really, he gave you the right advice. Doctor to something EARLIER than 1.3.1, preferably 1.2.1, and then redoctor to 1.3.5.1.
    Last edited by laelipoo; 01/25/2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typo
    Thank you all for the advice...I will try that. I do apologize for the name calling, but he had no right to attack me or anyone for that matter like that. I am grateful for his help and I do thank him for his advice...but it was instantly negated with that snide remark at the beginning. We all work together in the end and its people who throw out arrogant comments like this "So quick to point out current symptoms and throw blame. So quiet in telling what they do to induce the problem." that 1. have no right to state useless comments like that in posts and 2. have no ground for ever stating an opinion like that. The only thing that separates people from each other is their skill level at figuring out problems...and trust me....while i could troubleshoot the hell out of a windows PC (hardware and software) and find the problem....when it comes to code or linux or anything like that...im lost. But i am sure there are people who know linux inside and out but have problems understanding windows.

The idea is to have patience with people and sympathize with them...ESPECIALLY ON THE FORUMS...and not to blatantly throw out ridiculous comments.
    Last edited by darkheart777; 01/25/2010 at 09:27 AM.
    If someone wants or needs to blank out the Pre and start over, wouldn't it be easier for them to do a full erase and then doctor, instead of sending them out to find and old version of WebOS Doctor and install it, then update it, etc?

I think so, anyway.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    If someone wants or needs to blank out the Pre and start over, wouldn't it be easier for them to do a full erase and then doctor, instead of sending them out to find and old version of WebOS Doctor and install it, then update it, etc?

I think so, anyway.
    this is what I've done and its so much faster
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hi,

took me some time and reading the manuals until i realized I had to run the Tweak tool (for installing the GNU Base ) before being able to install the messanger tools.
    The error I got before didn't tell me much. But after reading about the first run of Tweak I realized that the installation error was about the missing GNU Base...

thanks for this application.
    Thank you all for the advice...I will try that. I do apologize for the name calling, but he had no right to attack me or anyone for that matter like that. I am grateful for his help and I do thank him for his advice...but it was instantly negated with that snide remark at the beginning. We all work together in the end and its people who throw out arrogant comments like this "So quick to point out current symptoms and throw blame. So quiet in telling what they do to induce the problem." that 1. have no right to state useless comments like that in posts and 2. have no ground for ever stating an opinion like that. The only thing that separates people from each other is their skill level at figuring out problems...and trust me....while i could troubleshoot the hell out of a windows PC (hardware and software) and find the problem....when it comes to code or linux or anything like that...im lost. But i am sure there are people who know linux inside and out but have problems understanding windows.

The idea is to have patience with people and sympathize with them...ESPECIALLY ON THE FORUMS...and not to blatantly throw out ridiculous comments.
    Since your Pre has been set to default settings, you should try to do a FULL erase (last page of your launcher > Device info > scroll down and select Reset Options) and then follow that by a Webdr (ver.1.3.5.1).

This hopefully eliminates your issues and will allow you to start fresh (no patches, themes, etc).

Hope this helps.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post

I think so, anyway.
    And using the Meta-Doctor makes Doctoring even faster, because you can...

(A) skip the forceModemUpdate during the Doctor process, which is mostly unnecessary and slows it down
    (B) automatically enable Dev Mode so that you can use WOSQI the first time webOS boots up
    (C) have it bypass the necessary carrier activation (since the majority of the time it will still have your necessary network information, so that all you have to do is click "Update Network Settings" in the phone prefs) if you're in a rush to get something else done besides find a 3G signal and call *2 at Sprint.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html

Enjoy saving time!
    Do we verizon people just jump in with a diff WebOS doc or should I just wait?