Page 160 of 165 FirstFirst ... 60110150155156157158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    I'm assuming this latest version is compatible with the latest version of WebOS, right?

EDIT: I can't get the Novacom drivers to install. I've searched the board and Google, but I still can't find a solution. Can anyone help me? I use Vista x64 and XP x86.
    Try downloading the 1.3.5.1 Doctor from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals and then going thru the first few steps (just don't hit the last "Next" on the page that says: "Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable...") until it appears that Novacom has installed properly. From that point, it might work. If it doesn't, simply restart Windows and then it should definitely work.
    How to install Novacom on x64 Ubuntu?

Thanx
    binarious
    Quote Originally Posted by binarious View Post
    How to install Novacom on x64 Ubuntu?

Thanx
    binarious
    You could try the method I just mentioned right above your post, but there's no guarantee that'll work.

Only way I've "officially" heard of is this...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tu-9-10-a.html

If you can simplify those instructions, I will add it to the guide that's linked to in my sig. I'm sure several people would appreciate not getting burnt as much as you probably will.
    I apologize if this has been asked before..

I installed the developerMode-icon on my 1.3.1 Pre with with the current quickinstall version at that time.

I've done a hard-reset since then, removed all patches with the EPR to get ready for the 1.3.5 update. It all went well, but that devmode icon is still there in the launcher, and I can't delete it because I don't see the checkbox in the current 2.96 quickinstall anymore for that "app". How can I get rid of it? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just a heads up, the big 3.0 is making progress. With any luck, could be out as early as this weekend or the next
    I Love you.......
    "I could calculate your chances of survival, but your not gonna like it." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    >>>>>> My WoW Fan Site <<<<<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.96

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other testing forums.

I can be contacted at support@canuck-software.ca
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.

Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.

Enjoy! :-)

Download Here

Installation Guide

Requirements
    • WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS factory settings
      • If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

• Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

• Novacom
      • You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
      • If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions.
      • For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

• DevMode enabled
      • This can be done on your device by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
    • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Features
    • Stylish easy-to-use GUI.
    • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
    • Supports postinst and prerm scripts.
    • Tweaks panel for OS customization on a deeper level.
    • Full device theming support
    • Supports standard ipkg feeds.
    • No Linux knowledge required, no root access required.
    • Support for .ipk, .patch, and .diff files
    • Works with both USB-connected WebOS devices and the WebOS emulator.
    • Full device information section with management of user-installed applications.
    • Send and receive files to and from a WebOS device.
    • Quick-access link to the PreCentral homebrew forums.
    • Handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.

Screenshots

Known Issues
    - None so far

Change Log
    v2.96 - December 7, 09
    - Added iPhone user agent spoof
    - Better handling of html in patch descriptions
    - New Ipkg Feed Viewer button icon
    - Added usage warning to EPR button
    - Improved mouse selection handling in Online Repository tab in Tweaks

v2.95 - December 6, 09
    - Tweaks section now Pixi-compatible
    - Updated WebOSDoctor download options for current versions and Pixi and GSM Pre
    - Tweaks sections uses much-improved WebOS-Internals patching feed support
    - Online Repository now includes path author information
    - Patches now get removed from the Online Repository list after they're applied
    - Support for future webOS versions
    - Updated default ipkg feeds list
    - Added run-confirmation for postinst/prerm scripts
    - Much improved connection handling, providing better stability overall
    - Improved Device Management section with support for for Pixi
    - Many other various bugfixes and speed increases

v2.9 - November 15, 09
    - WebOS 1.3.1 compatible
    - Added support for patch metadata (like generated by Unified Diff Creator)
    - Reports errors when remounting the root partition
    - Added support for webOS version checking for Tweaks Online Repo tab
    - Fixed theme removal with themes that include patches
    - Added EPR button
    - Various minor fixes/optimizations

v2.82 - October 14, 09
    - iPhone User Agent Spoof uses its own backup method
    - Fixed control reading error with some ipks
    - Fixed issue certain users were have reinstalling certain program

v2.81 - October 13, 09
    - Fixed issue preventing diffstat and GNU patch installation
    - Various minor bugs fixed

v2.8 - October 13, 09
    - remove need of package manager for tweaking
    - uses new webos-patches online repo url
    - now has smaller improved auto-correction dictionaries for faster loading
    - fixed browser multi-mod
    - fixed launcher opacity mod
    - fixed issue with installing .patch files directly that could cause serious issues
    - updated iPhone user agent spoof mod for 1.2.1
    - fixed Ipkg Viewer issue preventing switching to other feeds
    - updated webosdoctor download urls
    - added "luna restart" button so you can apply as many tweaks as you want then choose when to restart the interface
    - added new Linux Commandline section for direct Linux access

v2.72 - October 4, 09
    - Fixed an issue that in certain circumstances deeply affected theming

v2.71 - October 4, 09
    - Added Package Manager to Tweak requirements

v2.7 - October 4, 09
    - Added reset flag support
    - Updated Sprint/Bell WebOSDoctor URLs
    - Added Patch integration into Device Management
    - Fixed issue where uninstalled apps would still appear in Device Management
    - Redesigned Tweaks into a tabbed interface
    - Completely reimplemented virtual keyboard config support
    - Added patch repository support to Tweaks
    - Completely redid the internal patcher coding
    - Patch format now compatible with Preware
    - Greatly improved Ipkg Feed app info window
    - Fixed bug affecting custom ipkg feeds
    - Added PreYourMind and Canuck Software feeds
    - Updated theming to support new patch-compatible format
    - Added support for .patch and .diff files in the main screen

Special thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to the cause: those who donate, those who help test, those who help teach me new things, and those who help out with new users. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    hi! please HELP??

i havent been able to pass the tweaks part of the instructions because when i check the box (used the same as the instructions the one for the battery), i get an error message.

maybe i should point out that i get a different screen when i open the tweaks on the webos quick install app. it has many more options to select. maybe this has something to do with it?

out of curiosity i tried with other of the options and i keep getting the same error. can u please help me figure out why am i getting this error so i can do this right?

i know i did everything right as per the instructions! every thing was working perfectly as your instructions said. is there any thing new that the instructions dont have that i may have missed and that may be the reason why im getting this error?

how can i include a local picture of the tweaks on mine or the error i get here so you can see it? the image on the message window is only accepted if it is online, mine isnt.

PLEASE HELP???
    Hey Jason, is webosquickinstall v2.96 still the latest version? If not where can I get the latest version?
    Scratch the previous question. You rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypreny26 View Post
    Hey Jason, is webosquickinstall v2.96 still the latest version? If not where can I get the latest version?
    See the 1st post in this thread.

FYI, generally, Homebrew authors write the description of their app in the first post and continually edit and update that post with the latest version of the application and a changelog.
    Quote Originally Posted by pd2427 View Post
    I downloaded the WebOSQuick Install from the link listed on page 12 of MortiseMaker document "Installation and Usage Guide" Part A, page 12. WebOS Install,jar (995.1 KB 36162 views) Last updated by Jason on 09/04/2009. I loaded this on my personal computer and it worked great with my Pre. I downloaded the newest version 2.6 from this forum, when trying to change the Tweaks, I get the following errors:
    1 - /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Click OK, get the next error
    2 - /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css

both display a line at the bottom of the error:

difflib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the chunk content doesn't match the target

Any Help?
    hi! have you found the solution for this error. im getting the same error when i get to the part of selecting the tweaks from the instructions manual. i just cant pass through this step cause i get this message instead. after days of searching everywhere i have not been able to find any solutions anywhere. i found yours when i did the search for the error. i asked on the forums and send emails to the authors but maybe they havent had time to get to mine yet because i never received any responses. i just dont want to do something that messes up my phone and then i make it worse. so i was hoping that someone could tell me what is the solution and be sure that im in the right direction and following the right steps. please reply?? thx so much!
    my friend's webos quickinstall doesn't seem to be working properly. we're trying to load preware on his pre via webos quickinstall, however, clicking on the "down arrow" seems to do absolutely nothing. is there something wrong with his install of webos quickinstall? he's got a net connection, the latest version of wosqi... baffled.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Im not a newbie to all this but have a quick question, when I use quick install and goto patches under device manage, it shows nothing on the list, but I have installed patches, also when I try to apply some patches I get those hunk file errors then the ipk package deleted from install, is there any possible way of reverting the pre or os for that matter back to factory defaults, I know the other ways like EPR and such but none have worked to really set the os back to factory

Thank You in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by keenah View Post
    hi! have you found the solution for this error. im getting the same error when i get to the part of selecting the tweaks from the instructions manual. i just cant pass through this step cause i get this message instead. after days of searching everywhere i have not been able to find any solutions anywhere. i found yours when i did the search for the error. i asked on the forums and send emails to the authors but maybe they havent had time to get to mine yet because i never received any responses. i just dont want to do something that messes up my phone and then i make it worse. so i was hoping that someone could tell me what is the solution and be sure that im in the right direction and following the right steps. please reply?? thx so much!
    You are referencing a VERY OLD copy of the installation document. The link in the current version of that document gets you to the right place - but you should ALWAYS download WebOS Quick Install from the very first message in this forum...

What version of WebOS is on your phone and what version of WebOS Quick Install are you using?
    I am trying to install preware using webosqi v 2.96. package manager appears to install fine but, preware installation causes my phone to display a memory critical icon. the phone becomes sluggish and eventually unresponsive requiring a reset via the power and silence buttons. preware installation does not complete nor ask to run any scripts. it just hangs on my computer. any ideas what could cause this or how to correct this?
    Quote Originally Posted by keenah View Post
    I haven't seen that error before, but perhaps you could try my homebrew guide out... Seems mostly foolproof so far...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html

Quote Originally Posted by trojandrew View Post
    my friend's webos quickinstall doesn't seem to be working properly. we're trying to load preware on his pre via webos quickinstall, however, clicking on the "down arrow" seems to do absolutely nothing. is there something wrong with his install of webos quickinstall? he's got a net connection, the latest version of wosqi... baffled.
    You need to pay special attention to steps 2 and 5d here...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html

Quote Originally Posted by macd2002 View Post
    Im not a newbie to all this but have a quick question, when I use quick install and goto patches under device manage, it shows nothing on the list, but I have installed patches, also when I try to apply some patches I get those hunk file errors then the ipk package deleted from install, is there any possible way of reverting the pre or os for that matter back to factory defaults, I know the other ways like EPR and such but none have worked to really set the os back to factory

Thank You in advance
    The patches being listed under applications is a bug in WOSQI 2.96 that came from the filesystem changes Palm had to do with 1.3.5.... this is supposedly one of the fixes coming in WOSQI 3.0.

As for restoring the Pre to factory defaults, you've got the Repair Utility, which I have yet to use.... and the Doctor. For me, there's no reason to not Doctor my phone. The /media partition (USB mode) is no longer erased, so a Doctor takes FAR less time than it did before. Just have to remember all your homebrew apps & patches, which I have written down in a file.

(And you can even use Meta-Doctor to speed up the Doctor process by creating your own Doctor that automatically enables Dev Mode and bypasses carrier activation if you don't have good 3G signal at home or whatnot. See my sig for that link, too.)
    Does WebOS Quick Install work with 1.3.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHoMi View Post
    Does WebOS Quick Install work with 1.3.5?
    Yes
    Hello I'm new to all this and I have a question.

I downloaded WebOS Quick Install and when I go to the theme section I have a "N/A" that describes the Version and I do not have the option to revert to my default theme. I installed a theme and even then some of the components are missing from the theme.

Can someone please tell me what do I have to do to fix this.
    Heya peeps, I am having a serious problem. I have recently Doctored my phone and now I am trying to reinstall apps through Quick Install. I am running across this error when I do...

I am trying to download apps from WEBOS Quick Install and i get an error each time i download them

the error is =
    "only have 0 available blocks on file system/media/cryptofs/apps, pkg com.palm.app.agenda needs one bad statfs"

this is a problem because I also cant seem to download Preware or the package manager either or luna manager or anything for that matter. If it is an app..I get the above error, if its package manager or something from the internals feed...i get nothing...it doesnt install.

The only thing i can think of is that with the update, that section that WebOS Quickinstall is trying to save to no longer exists with how everything got moved around. So....when I try to download the emergency migration tool....guess what, it wont download. However, I AM able to download apps from the app catalog. So...dows anyone know a solution?

I am going to Doctor my phone and try installing Preware BEFORE I download the latest update to see if this is a issue with the WebOS version. I will keep you all posted. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions...

::Update:: This is definitely a version problem. Everything installs fine on version 1.3.1 but when i had updated to the latest WebOS version...it broke WebOS QuickInstall. Version 1.3.5.1 i think breaks WebOS Quick Install. At least in my case. FYI Jason!
    Last edited by darkheart777; 01/23/2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: needed to post more info
    i ran web os doctor. did I erase all my text messages!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?