Page 16 of 165 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    I installed the "Add date to top bar" patch in WebOSQI in the Online Repository. I want to uninstall it and I cannot find where to uninstall it. It's not under Online Respository to uninstall and not under device management. How do I uninstall this?

Thanks

I couldnt get this to install and if it showed the error, it probably did not...
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmedjpain View Post
    use preware to uninstall any patch installed via the repository
    Already tried that. It doesn't show as an installed patch. The date is right up at the top so it has definitely been installed. I just can't find anyplace to make it go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymad View Post
    Already tried that. It doesn't show as an installed patch. The date is right up at the top so it has definitely been installed. I just can't find anyplace to make it go away.
    do you see a full list of all patches in perware that can be installed, and another option is to try a partial erase. that will uninstall any and all patches
    do you see a full list of all patches in perware that can be installed, and another option is to try a partial erase. that will uninstall any and all patches
    I see all the other patches I have installed and I see patches in preware which are available to install. I even see this Add Date to Top Bar as available to install in Preware. It would seem I could remove the other patches through preware. It is just this one which has no way to uninstall. I hit the install button again to see what happens and I get the error message that the install can not be done because the patch is already there.

Does partial erase actually get rid of patches? I thought it only got rid of settings etc since the OS files have been modified and WebOS does not keep complete sets of originals available. I was considering trying the Emergency Patch Recovery tool.
    -jim
    i only find two that wont work and that is--

1) web url multi patch
    2) iphone spoof agent

update
    now add date to top bar will not install or uninstall and its not showing in the top bar. this is the same for both add date to top bar patches, and both are showing as installed patch in preware , but neither are showing in web os QI
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but if I update to os1.2.1 will I be able to install the keyboard patch because I currently don't have it installed and when I try to use QI2.72 I'm get this error: /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/.themes/etc.... so any ideas? Again pretty sure a dumb question but isn't the VK only aval. on preware or is there another way to install it using QI2.72? Or can I install the VK via preware and still update to os1.2.1?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    If you are having problems with QI tweaks sticking. Here is what I did. I re-opened QI, after I had installed a bunch of tweaks and almost all my tweaks no longer showed a check mark by them, even though I had installed them. I had a few tweaks just not work after a hard reset. So, all the tweaks I had installed that did not have checks by them I reinstalled so the check would appear and then I unchecked them right after that so they would uninstall, this had the effect of completely removing the tweak I installed on QI, and took them off the list of installed tweaks, on preware, (this is time consuming) but I found that the tweaks I had installed on QI came up on preware, but preware would not let me uninstall them and kept giving me an error. Once I had done this and went back to preware, the QI tweaks were finally gone. I then installed the tweaks (patches) I wanted on Preware and had absolutely no problem with them taking, and through preware I found that I had no problem uninstalling them if I decided I did not want them.

The only tweaks I got to work with no problem from QI were:

Launcher Opacity
    Battery %
    Messaging Avatar
    Squarify
    After Virtual Keyboard was installed through preware (Virtual Keyboard Tweaks)

The Tweaks I got to work on preware once I had done the add then uninstall from QI were:

Add date to top Bar no year
    Add/Delete pages in Launcher
    app launcher 4x4 Ver 2
    Char Count in Messaging
    Enable Hidden Clock
    Enable Landscape Messaging
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable LED Notification
    Hide Music Player app
    Hide Nascar app
    Messaging Timestamp builtin
    More Standby time
    New Card per Convo
    Read/Delete all Email
    Reduce Minimum Brightness
    Reset Scroll App launcher
    Shutter Sound on/off button
    SMS tone per contact
    Virtual Keyboard

I hope this helps with people whom installed using QI and tweaks not taking, but appear in Preware (which would not let you uninstall a tweak put on by QI)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymad View Post
    I see all the other patches I have installed and I see patches in preware which are available to install. I even see this Add Date to Top Bar as available to install in Preware. It would seem I could remove the other patches through preware. It is just this one which has no way to uninstall. I hit the install button again to see what happens and I get the error message that the install can not be done because the patch is already there.

Does partial erase actually get rid of patches? I thought it only got rid of settings etc since the OS files have been modified and WebOS does not keep complete sets of originals available. I was considering trying the Emergency Patch Recovery tool.
    try usein the emergency patch recovery tool first. that should do the trick, if not then a partial erase will work, youll lose any patches installed and any homebrew apps as well, but all personal files will stay (pics and so on)
    I keep getting the error "no device detected" I have the Pre in dev mode. Using WobOS quick install 2.72

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    BTW I have version 1.2.1 installed on my pre and was using version 2.7 quick install, and version 9.1 preware.

Sorry, forgot to put that in my post.
    I tried searching for a answer to this problem but I couldn't find it so I'm just going to post away.

I used WebOS QI 2.03 to tweak my Pre that runs 1.2. Now today I wanted to update me Pre to 1.21 and also the new WebOS QI. So I started off by removing my tweaks (Add Pages, 4x4 Icons, and Dialer Theme) using 2.03. After I removed all of them I noticed I only had one launcher page and all my icons are stacked on top of each other. I can't move them or anything. I tried running WebOS QI 2.03 again the see if I could add the option to re add pages but now its says my device won't connect (for some reason I dont think my devmod is on now, even though it was before). Also my Universal Search seems to be broken, so I cant do the Contra code either.

What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
    I keep getting the error "no device detected" I have the Pre in dev mode. Using WobOS quick install 2.72

Any ideas?
    im havin the same problem, worked with iq 2.7 but not with 2.72. im runnin win 7 x86 and webos 1.2.1 im workin on a fix for it now, ill update if all goes well
    Thanks, muck appreciated.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    i cant seem to get my pre to connect to the quick install. when i try it just says so device found.

i am using my pre and we have windows xp home edition.
    i connect pre hit just charge open the quick install, then hit 3rd button and says connect device, then hit ok and still nothing. please help

thank you
    try usein the emergency patch recovery tool first. that should do the trick, if not then a partial erase will work, youll lose any patches installed and any homebrew apps as well, but all personal files will stay (pics and so on)
    I went ahead and ran the Emergency Patch Recovery Tool and it cleaned everything up as I suspected it would. I didn't want to do it because now I have to reapply the patches I liked, but that's not a huge deal. I am leary of trying other patches which are on the online repository tab in WebOS QI, but I guess now is a good time to try them since I have no other patches will need to be reinstalled if something goes wrong again.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I was hoping there was a way to do this without wiping my Pre clean of all installed tweaks, but oh, well. I'll get over it. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Same here regarding the missed calls. I even turned off "show notifications when locked" and the LED still doesn't blink unless I check the phone and see the missed call notification. After I shut off the screen, the LED starts to blink.
    I posted this earlier around pg 11 the missed calls LED notification on my phone show up about 10 minutes after the call ( it will just start blinking) if you don't touch the screen. If you do turn on the screen with the power button it will start flashing...It appears to be delayed while the email and text are immediate??
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    now add date to top bar will not install or uninstall and its not showing in the top bar. this is the same for both add date to top bar patches, and both are showing as installed patch
    I used the add date to top bar with no year without a problem.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I first disable all tweaks from 2.51. I open 2.72 and the add/delete launcher page tweak is already checked, I uncheck it and my Pre restarts. Then i recheck it and i get a werid error message, pre then restarts again but the option to add pages is not there. Any help on this one guys?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    what did you find to do i am having the same issue but i am using xp