Page 158 of 165 FirstFirst ... 58108148153154155156157158159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
    I have a question and am new to all of this, I need to be able to use the "Roam only" mode as I get no service at work

The phone updated itself to 1.3.5.1, I used the webdoctor program and restored my phone and then reloaded my tweeks

48 hours later the phone is prompting me to update to 1.3.5.1 again, is it possible to use the tweeks with this update?? Is there some way to keep it from automatically prompting me to update?

sorry to sound naive if this has been answered but alot of this technical stuff goes over my head and I havent had time to sit down and sift through dozens and dozens of posts

thanks!
    You must remove all patches with every WebOS update. Please use the Emergency Patch Removal tool from Preware or click the uninstall all patches button on WOSQI.

That said, if it's prompting you to update to 1.3.5.1 again, there is a patch or application that is causing something for Palm's update to trigger. This was a "bug" early on that the MyTether app was causing. Do you have an earlier version of this app installed perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by MTXThunder9500 View Post
    question for the creator im getting ready to start downloading themes and what not for the pre when it comes out on verizon on the 25th of January and i went to do the install and all i have to choose from is bell, sprint, or im using an emulator what of them do i choose since there isnt anything for vzw?
    Themes are carrier independent if you can get Preware or webOSQuickInstall to function with a VZW Pre. I would just make a note of which themes you'd like and use one of the mentioned installers to apply the theme when you do get the Pre into your hand.

At this point, the community is assuming that there will be no issue getting these installers to work on the VZW devices. However, no one is 100% sure until it's released and confirmed as successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirlkelle View Post
    I have downloaded WebOSdoctor and the WebOsQuickInstaller but I have a mac Os x and I don't know if I need novacom?
    And if I do can someone please show or tell me how to install.

When I plug in my device and chose "just charge" the webosquickinstaller doesnt do ANYTHING! i tried all the buttons. I even tried downloading an homebrewed app and it wont download it onto the installer.

And yes i have followed all the steps, just not the novacom. (it never says anything about mac) I even have developer mode turned on!

Can anyone fix this problem??

And also the buttons on there dont work for me!
    I push anything and it brings up the drop down pop up and highlights in blue but when i click on something like options it wont do anything!
    You won't need to install Novacom.

Ensure your Pre is in Developer Mode ("Konami-Code")
    it is on
    i know this probably isnt the place but Jason thanks for those kick *** patches that you put up on preware. device menu megamix is just plain GENIUS. thanks a billion
    I am having an issue seeing the tweaks that are installed on my Pre. Before upgrading to 1.3.5 (and also 1.3.5.1) I uninstalled all of the tweaks, as recommended. Then I let my Pre install both patches. After this, I downloaded WebOSQuickInstall 2.96 and proceeded to apply my tweaks. Now when I launch WebOSQuickInstall and look at the tweaks page everything is "unchecked". However, all of the tweaks are still installed on my phone. Another work colleague is having the exact same issue here with his phone, so it is not an isolated incident.

What would cause this issue? What can I do to solve this problem?
    Go to Device Management. All your patches will show up in the Applications list. This seems to be a result of the 1.3.5 update moving stuff around.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Can some one please help with my problem I talked about???

Originally Posted by babygirlkelle View Post
    I have downloaded WebOSdoctor and the WebOsQuickInstaller but I have a mac Os x and I don't know if I need novacom?

When I plug in my device and chose "just charge" the webosquickinstaller doesnt do ANYTHING! i tried all the buttons. I even tried downloading an homebrewed app and it wont download it onto the installer.

And yes i have followed all the steps, just not the novacom. (it never says anything about mac) I even have developer mode turned on!

I push anything and it brings up the drop down pop up and highlights in blue but when i click on something like options it wont do anything!
    I can try!

Chances are, if you really have developer mode turned on... that your issue is coming from the Novacom drivers.

Pay attention to step 5d here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html

Try to re-install Novacom thru WOSQI as suggested. I actualy couldn't get it to work on a fresh 64bit Win7 machine, but downloading the newest 1.3.5.1 Doctor actually got the Novacom drivers installed just fine.

So download the newest Doctor and go thru most of the steps until Novacom works, but don't click the last Next button, which will actually Doctor your phone, which I'm assuming you don't actually want to do.

G'Luck!

Originally Posted by babygirlkelle View Post

EDIT #1: Make sure that the developer mode has been turned on on your Pre (by entering the konami code). If so, consider the possibility below:

Most likely novacom is not automatically installed on the mac version (but hopefully someone with experience can confirm this).

If the above is the case, you'll likely need to download the SDK from Palm in order to get novacom installed. (You used to have to do that on Windows and the mac version is probably running behind in not automatically installing novacom.)

EDIT #2: This thread raises some of the same questions you have usins WOSQI on a mac. If you have OS X 10.5 I think you just have to modify the path to Java 1.6 (perhaps not as described in the thread I just mentioned. They said in the tread that Jason gets novacom from the webos doctor that he installs. You might have to debug this a bit to get it working. If you come up with an answer before Monday, please post it.

I'm going to help a friend with a macbook laptop to do this exact task (for my first time) on Monday around Noon. If noone chimes in with your answer before them, I'll try to add what I've learned later in the afternoon or on Monday evening.
    Last edited by sudoer; 01/16/2010 at 11:47 AM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    ok I have this problem where my pre froze and I had to doctor it to get to work again. Since I doctored it I am unable to install preware. I am able to install the package service but the phone gets stuck on installing preware and I get the message about memory low and too many cards while it's installing all through woqi. Please help.
    Those instructions look quite nice (and you seem to have done a nice job keeping them up to date and relevant). They should help me when I try this on my friends macbook on Moday. thanks!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    @jvilla784-------i would first try deleting package manager and reinstalling it then try preware again, see if that works for you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Ok I'm now having huge problems. Everything used to work just fine for me...but recently I had to get a new Pre and the screen stopped working so I performed CAJ2008 Unbrick directions...and got as far as getting WebOS Doctor 1.2.1 installed and it's working so far....

...but none of the Java apps (WebOS QI/ WebOS Doctor) are recognizing my Pre now. I've done a full featured 1.2.1 Doctor reset, and am trying to complete the 1.3.5.1...but it keeps saying that the device is not connected. I even uninstalled, and reinstalled Novacom and Orca. Any ideas, guys?

I've followed ALL of the WebOS/Novacom/Orca directions way before I did anything to this phone...so it must mean that the drivers aren't performing correctly.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    OK it seems to be resolved. It seems that when I plug too many USB devices in, my motherboard likes to shut some of them down. I have no idea why...this is very confusing to me. I have an 800watt power supply. That should be more than enough to power all of the ports.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Go to Device Management. All your patches will show up in the Applications list. This seems to be a result of the 1.3.5 update moving stuff around.
    I do see the tweaks listed in the patches menu. Thanks. But now I have another issue. I wanted to test uninstalling/reinstalling a tweak to be sure everything is working as it should. I uninstalled the "Timestamp on messages" tweak from the Application list. I went back into the Tweaks page to add it back, and now I get an error stating: ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/pkgScript.sh. I have attached the full error in weboserror.jpg.

What should I do now? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    is preware not working for anyone else ?
    hey sorry to ask but i need some help everytime i try installing something from quickinstall to my pre the ipkg just stay in quickinstall, any advice
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    try to press "Install" button