Page 157 of 165 FirstFirst ... 57107147152153154155156157158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    finally fixed... who am i supposed to be thanking?
    Quote Originally Posted by doohizzle88 View Post
    I keep getting "error: cannot find device" when I try to use WOSQI for any HomeBrew app. I have looked at Jason's troubleshooting tips UP and DOWN. I have tried many many things but keep getting that error message.

Can anyone offer a little insight on the situation?
    Have you had this problem before and had it fixed?? If so, How??

Thanks in advance!!
    you have 2 make sure the phon is in developer mode or else it doesn't reconize the device
    It IS in Dev Mode! and I'm still getting the error message. I've tried everything!!
    is there anywhere I can download older versions of QI and Doctor?
    It IS in Dev Mode! and I'm still getting the error message. I've tried everything!!
    from your PC:

add/remove programs > Find Novacomd and UNINSTALL IT

after that completes, now reinstall Novacom.

WebOS QI > File > Options > Reinstall novacom.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    is there anywhere I can download older versions of QI and Doctor?
    I don't know about QI but Webdr versions can be found at WebOS Internals:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    from your PC:

add/remove programs > Find Novacomd and UNINSTALL IT

after that completes, now reinstall Novacom.

WebOS QI > File > Options > Reinstall novacom.
    There HAS to be something I'm missing here. I've done it all it seems like and yet I keep getting Error: No Device Found.

My Pre hates me...
    There HAS to be something I'm missing here. I've done it all it seems like and yet I keep getting Error: No Device Found.

My Pre hates me...
    Did you try a different USB port?

And did you try a different computer?

(If you're using Win7, there is a different method of installing Novacom drivers)
    I have tried numerous USB ports but I have only tried it on one machine at work. Ill try my home computer and see how that works...

I doubt it will however...
    When going to tweaks from tools I get:

ERROR 5:

Commands: put file://media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/arch.conf
    Reply: file open failed

What the funk is going on ?
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptk View Post
    have you tried rebooting the phone manually?

Did you install multiple themes on top of each other? this is bad if you did... running the repair utility with override compatibility option enabled should fix it though. it has recently been updated for the new WebOS.
    I think i did install a theme over another as i assumed the first one was removed completely, but it wasnt as some of the icons didnt revert to default. im pretty new to this to be honest. so 1) how do i reboot manually and 2) is the repair utility in WebOS Doctor or QI?
    Why does WebOS Quick Install read patches as applications?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I suppose because of they're applications
    As I figured out, you may set the proxy info in internet explorer. On windows this is used by java. The second way is to use the java panel in "system settings" (Systemsteuerung in german).
    The only issue seems to be proxy authentication, which isn't done natively by Java but has to be handled by the application programmer. (correct me, if I'm not right)

Hope this helps.

Edit: This info regards WebOS Quick Install on the PC, not the proxy issue on the Pre itself!
    Hi everyone. I assume this isn't too difficult of a question to answer from anyone familiar with linux..

I was using the WOSQI 2.96 Command Line to try to see the files in a particular directory where I"m having patch install failure issues in Preware.... Now, I'm not a Linux guy at all, but many days ago, I was pretty familar with DOS so I figured I'd give it a try... Please forgive the Linux newby questions, but I had read the basics outlined on WebOS Internal and I didn't expect to run into any trouble, given the simple nature of what I was trying to do. (I would have used Internalz, except the files names are pretty long and they can't be fully seen in the Internalz interface)

On launch, command line shows: "root@palm-webos-device:"

typing "ls" yielded the list of dirctories in the root

I thought I could navigate to the directory I was looking for by typing (for example) cd /usr/lib/luna, but when I hit enter nothing happened, hitting enter a second time, just returned me to the root dir. (confirmed by typing ls again).... I tried a couple of different syntaxs (using \ instead of / or leaving off the leading or trailing /... at one point the response from the command line was "Cannot.... not authorized" Do I need to mount a particular partition before I can begin walking forward using cd??

I was able to see the contents of the location I was interested in by typing (for example) "ls /usr/lib/luna/". This returned the full list of dirs and files under that path...

However, is there a reason the command line wouldn't let me navigate through the path to my directory of interest as I thought it would?
    Last edited by greenawayj; 01/15/2010 at 10:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    Why does WebOS Quick Install read patches as applications?
    In post #3001 (1/5/09) Jason acknowledged the problem with patches and said he is working on a new version of QI.
    when i go to revert my theme back to the original, it cant tell that i have a modified theme on my pre. what can i do?
    I have a question and am new to all of this, I need to be able to use the "Roam only" mode as I get no service at work

The phone updated itself to 1.3.5.1, I used the webdoctor program and restored my phone and then reloaded my tweeks

48 hours later the phone is prompting me to update to 1.3.5.1 again, is it possible to use the tweeks with this update?? Is there some way to keep it from automatically prompting me to update?

sorry to sound naive if this has been answered but alot of this technical stuff goes over my head and I havent had time to sit down and sift through dozens and dozens of posts

thanks!
    question for the creator im getting ready to start downloading themes and what not for the pre when it comes out on verizon on the 25th of January and i went to do the install and all i have to choose from is bell, sprint, or im using an emulator what of them do i choose since there isnt anything for vzw?
    I have downloaded WebOSdoctor and the WebOsQuickInstaller but I have a mac Os x and I don't know if I need novacom?
    And if I do can someone please show or tell me how to install.

When I plug in my device and chose "just charge" the webosquickinstaller doesnt do ANYTHING! i tried all the buttons. I even tried downloading an homebrewed app and it wont download it onto the installer.

And yes i have followed all the steps, just not the novacom. (it never says anything about mac) I even have developer mode turned on!

Can anyone fix this problem??

And also the buttons on there dont work for me!
    I push anything and it brings up the drop down pop up and highlights in blue but when i click on something like options it wont do anything!
    Last edited by babygirlkelle; 01/15/2010 at 09:54 PM.