Page 156 of 165 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    where is the webOSQuickinstall.jar
    its no longer there can some1 tell me how else i can get it plzz...thx
    Quote Originally Posted by sexiismile3130 View Post
    where is the webOSQuickinstall.jar
    its no longer there can some1 tell me how else i can get it plzz...thx
    Hit the "<<First" link down below where it shows how many pages are in this thread. The first post is where you can download the WebOSQuickInstall.Jar file.
    Any advice on Post #3101???
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    Please try the following. Try running WebOS Quick Install from a command console window. Bring that window up by clicking Start, then typing cmd and press the Enter key. In the window that just popped up CD (change directory) to the folder where you downloaded WebOS Quick Install and the webosdoctor .jar files. Enter the following command...

java -jar webosquickinstall.jar

If it comes up OK, there is simply something wrong with your Java file associations. You can usually correct that by removing and reinstalling Java.

Let us know if you need more help.
    AWESOME!!!! That did the trick. ...following your instructions, it told me that I have to download WebOSDoctor which is what it's supposed to do. After the download, I ran the command-line in the console again and it started.

Odd thing is that I've un-installed and re-installed Java twice and this didn't seem to resolve my issue here. Can I repair these improper "associations" manually?
    Quote Originally Posted by doohizzle88 View Post
    Any advice on Post #3101???
    there are multiple posts in this thread regarding "Device not found" and as many remedies. Try a search for them in this thread maybe?

I had this issue on an XP machine earlier. I just started WQI without the Pre connected and then when to the menu to force a Novacomm re-install....let it do it's thing and reconnected after the install. It now works fine.
    i am trying get to preware on my palm pre. i have java and webOs quick installer already installed on my computer. when i bring up the quick installer and plug in my pre and set it to "just charge" everything seems to be working fine. my computer recognizes my pre but everytime i just the do something on the webOS quick installer the error message keeps coming up and says "no device detected". can anyone please help me and tell me what i can do tto make it work?
    Hello all, so i'm having problems with QI reverting my theme to default. When i opt to revert to default, QI only removes the wallpaper or background. It doesn't reset the Pre like it normally would. Some of the icons from the installed theme even remain. Do I need to WOSDR? Any help is appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by zesty543 View Post
    i am trying get to preware on my palm pre. i have java and webOs quick installer already installed on my computer. when i bring up the quick installer and plug in my pre and set it to "just charge" everything seems to be working fine. my computer recognizes my pre but everytime i just the do something on the webOS quick installer the error message keeps coming up and says "no device detected". can anyone please help me and tell me what i can do tto make it work?
    is your phone in developer mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayden View Post
    Hello all, so i'm having problems with QI reverting my theme to default. When i opt to revert to default, QI only removes the wallpaper or background. It doesn't reset the Pre like it normally would. Some of the icons from the installed theme even remain. Do I need to WOSDR? Any help is appreciated!
    have you tried rebooting the phone manually?

Did you install multiple themes on top of each other? this is bad if you did... running the repair utility with override compatibility option enabled should fix it though. it has recently been updated for the new WebOS.
    thnx under test
    You Rock!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    there are multiple posts in this thread regarding "Device not found" and as many remedies. Try a search for them in this thread maybe?

I had this issue on an XP machine earlier. I just started WQI without the Pre connected and then when to the menu to force a Novacomm re-install....let it do it's thing and reconnected after the install. It now works fine.
    *(Frustration)*

Still recieving "error: no device found"

I have tried opening QI ,reinstalling Novacomm, and THEN connecting the Pre--Nothing
    I have tried different USB ports on my PC--Nothing
    I have the factory OEM cables I'm using and I'm SURE that the phone is in Dev Mode--Nothing
    I've uninstalled and re-installed both QI and the Doctor--Nothing.
    I have searched up and down this thread and I keep seeing the same 3 or 4 remedies (listed above), but none are working.

I need help!! lol
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    *(Frustration)*

Still recieving "error: no device found"

I have tried opening QI ,reinstalling Novacomm, and THEN connecting the Pre--Nothing
    I have tried different USB ports on my PC--Nothing
    I have the factory OEM cables I'm using and I'm SURE that the phone is in Dev Mode--Nothing
    I've uninstalled and re-installed both QI and the Doctor--Nothing.
    I have searched up and down this thread and I keep seeing the same 3 or 4 remedies (listed above), but none are working.

I need help!! lol
    Just a couple of long shots...are you using the latest version of Java? Are you connecting your Pre to your PC in Just Charge mode?
    Well I selected the link to "check" my current version of Java and the website said "Congratulations!" I'm assuming I have the correct version.

And YES, my Pre was in "Just Charge" mode...
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Well I selected the link to "check" my current version of Java and the website said "Congratulations!" I'm assuming I have the correct version.

And YES, my Pre was in "Just Charge" mode...
    One more thing to consider, from Jason's WOSQI Troubleshooting Guide:

"I'm getting "ERROR: No device found."
    Common error. Two main reasons this could occur:

1. Mis-matched your choice of device. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. If your target is the WebOS emulator on your computer, choose "Emulator"; if your target is a real device, like a Palm Pre, choose "USB Device".

If WOSQI still fails, you might consider running WebOS Repair Utility or WebOS Doctor.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hi

After upgrading to last WebOS version, preware didnīt work anymore, so Iīm doing the whole quickinstall thing to reinstall preware

I live in Spain and my carrier is movistar... when downloading WebOS Doctor it asks for carrier... I did use Sprint the previous time I did this, but now I see the GSM option... which one should I download?

Thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    Hi

After upgrading to last WebOS version, preware didnīt work anymore, so Iīm doing the whole quickinstall thing to reinstall preware

I live in Spain and my carrier is movistar... when downloading WebOS Doctor it asks for carrier... I did use Sprint the previous time I did this, but now I see the GSM option... which one should I download?

Thank you very much
    You can download any Doctor, it doesn't matter as long as you don't use the Panic Button (under options).

Regards,
    Rayan
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    Hi

Thank you very much
    First try to UNINSTALL Preware from your phone using the ORAGEKEY + TAP Preware.

Then install again using Quickinstall. (First download and install pacakage manager, and then download and install preware and check if this works)...I don't think you need to go through all the trouble of resseting the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    AWESOME!!!! That did the trick. ...following your instructions, it told me that I have to download WebOSDoctor which is what it's supposed to do. After the download, I ran the command-line in the console again and it started.

Odd thing is that I've un-installed and re-installed Java twice and this didn't seem to resolve my issue here. Can I repair these improper "associations" manually?
    Yes, you can manually fix the .jar file association. Since you are running Windows 7, just click the Start button and then type File Assoc and then click the top item labeled "Change the file type associated with a file extension"...

Scroll down in that GUI until you find the .jar extension, double-click on it and then either select "
    Java(TM) Platform SE binary" or browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe"
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, got it all working now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    Yes, you can manually fix the .jar file association. Since you are running Windows 7, just click the Start button and then type File Assoc and then click the top item labeled "Change the file type associated with a file extension"...

Scroll down in that GUI until you find the .jar extension, double-click on it and then either select "
    Java(TM) Platform SE binary" or browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe"
    Odd...It is associated to the Java(TM) Platform SE Binary already. I reassoc'd it to the Javaw.exe and I still get the same result....frustrating

An un-install and re-install of Java for the 3rd time didn't yeild anything different either.

I just took it back to my DOS days and creted a .BAT file with your console command line and an EXIT as the second line (to close the console upont exit of WQI). It'll work for now but I gather I'll have this same issue with other .Jar files. So it's something that needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 01/14/2010 at 01:12 PM.