Page 155 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55105145150151152153154155156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #3081  
    I'm going to post this once more for those that are having problems.

    In my case, after having issues with patches after the update, I did another doctor but this time around I erase my Profile (by going to the Backup App and just turning 'OFF' the option).

    This is not the same as doing a 'Full Erase' because that does not erase the Profile.

    So some of this data is getting back to the phone.

    But you will end up with a phone reset totally at Factory Defaults in every way.

    And make sure after doctoring your phone, you must log in to your Profile, do not create a end profile (with a different email address or name), otherwise you will not get back your Apps that you paid for already. I learned this the hard way and had to get Palm involved.

    But after erasing my Profile, all is well again and all the patches installed properly and were seen properly.

    Hope this helps anyone still struggling.

    It worked for me!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  2. #3082  
    Hey,

    can't add or remove any apps and patches via preware and QI.

    WebOS-Version: 1.3.5.2 (GSM-Pre O2)

    Thanx for help.

    binarious
  3. #3083  
    Me neither 1.3.5.2
  4. #3084  
    Still can't get webosQI to run. I keep getting this error. What does it mean and what doI need to do to fix it????
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. #3085  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Still can't get webosQI to run. I keep getting this error. What does it mean and what doI need to do to fix it????

    For some reason vista is throwing stupid on your put it all in an unzipped folder call it WebOS QI then try it also if your using a shortcut DON'T that had caused probs in the past once you get that folder names WebOS QI Re-download it and place it in that folder then it will ask to re download WebOS Doctor let it then launch it see if that works...
  6. #3086  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    For some reason vista is throwing stupid on your put it all in an unzipped folder call it WebOS QI then try it also if your using a shortcut DON'T that had caused probs in the past once you get that folder names WebOS QI Re-download it and place it in that folder then it will ask to re download WebOS Doctor let it then launch it see if that works...
    Done all that once before. I''l try it again....
  7. #3087  
    Quote Originally Posted by steve5424 View Post
    I am suddenly having issues with preware. I had to format my phone yesterday and didn't remove the few patches I had. Phone states there are none there but I can clearly see the batt % and Preware isn't showing any feeds. I have checked the prefs and feeds and they should be there.

    I have tried removing preware and the package manager and reinstalling but the same thing happens. Is there an easy fix to this?

    Do a full erase then doctor your phone will be like new again...
  8. #3088  
    Well WebOS QI seems to work for everything i want it to sept themes but Jason is working on that till he gets the new version out just use prewere... to install and remove themes...
  9. #3089  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Done all that once before. I''l try it again....
    Sorry you having probs you are running vista right? you may try reinstalling java that could be part of the prob... are you running x64 or x86?
  10. #3090  
    It looks like WOQI still doesn't support proxies, which means it's useless for us that are behind a corporate firewall.
  11. #3091  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Still can't get webosQI to run. I keep getting this error. What does it mean and what doI need to do to fix it????

    Try this i have dealt with this before just sorry i just remembered you may have a virus or spy ware AVG free or avast are some of the best programs out there and they are free also make sure you run a full scan with windows defender and make sure you have vista SP2 installed...

    SYMPTOMS

    When you start Java, you may receive the following error message(s):

    * WJView error: could not execute Main: System can not find the specified file
    * WJView error: unable to locate system class:java/lang/object
    * WJView error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    * Java Virtual Machine Launcher "could not find the main class: program will now exit".
    * Could not execute Main: The system cannot find the file specified.
    * Unable to locate system class:java/lang/object java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

    CAUSE

    WJView.exe or Javaw.exe cannot find the program it is trying to run. SOLUTION

    If this error occurs during startup, it is mostly likely caused by a spyware or adware program which is missing, corrupt, or partially deleted.

    1. Remove Spyware/Adware

    Using your favorite search engine, search for "spyware removal utility" as your search phrase. This search will help you locate many free spyware removal utilities.

    Note: The Spyware Removal Utility can help you get rid of this error message partially. Any new spyware can get itself downloaded to your system later. To get rid of this problem completely, try the second option given below.

    2. Remove WJView entries from Startup

    Wjview lets you view Windows based Java applications. You might receive an error message if Wjview attempts to start an application on your system that no longer exists.

    You may need to modify the system configuration settings to completely get rid of the error. To do so, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start > Run.
    The Run dialog box appears.
    2. Type msconfig.exe.
    3. Click OK.
    The System Configuration Utility dialog box appears.
    4. Select the Startup tab.
    5. Deselect the WJView.exe and/or javaw.exe check boxes that are associated with this problem.
    6. Click OK.
    You will be prompted to restart the computer. Restart the system to apply changes.
  12. #3092  
    Quote Originally Posted by hemna View Post
    It looks like WOQI still doesn't support proxies, which means it's useless for us that are behind a corporate firewall.
    I was able to get around this by going to home brew aps and down loading the .ipk's and then just using web os QI to install them after i down loaded them :P
  13. #3093  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Sorry you having probs you are running vista right? you may try reinstalling java that could be part of the prob... are you running x64 or x86?
    No...Win 7 Pro 32 bit
  14. #3094  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No...Win 7 Pro 32 bit
    Hmm ok should be the same though i have windows 7 on my notebook and i have no java probs but i did have to down load the new ver. i am using x64 you see my other post about virus or spywere? if your using something like Norton or McAfee you could have something and not even know it...
  15. #3095  
    Sorry i have to get back to work i will check back later k
  16. #3096  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I was able to get around this by going to home brew aps and down loading the .ipk's and then just using web os QI to install them after i down loaded them :P

    for the most part that works, but it's harder to find stuff. I want to install the new preware and preware package manager. The homebrew apps doesn't have the latest version.
  17. #3097  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hmm ok should be the same though i have windows 7 on my notebook and i have no java probs but i did have to down load the new ver. i am using x64 you see my other post about virus or spywere? if your using something like Norton or McAfee you could have something and not even know it...
    Yes I did see the spyware post. WebOS QI was the first app I tried to install after a clean install of Windows 7 and MS Security Essentials. I'm certain there's no spyware.

    I'm certain this is a Java problem, not webOSQI or Novacom
  18. #3098  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Try this i have dealt with this before just sorry i just remembered you may have a virus or spy ware AVG free or avast are some of the best programs out there and they are free also make sure you run a full scan with windows defender and make sure you have vista SP2 installed...

    SYMPTOMS

    When you start Java, you may receive the following error message(s):

    * WJView error: could not execute Main: System can not find the specified file
    * WJView error: unable to locate system class:java/lang/object
    * WJView error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    * Java Virtual Machine Launcher "could not find the main class: program will now exit".
    * Could not execute Main: The system cannot find the file specified.
    * Unable to locate system class:java/lang/object java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

    CAUSE

    WJView.exe or Javaw.exe cannot find the program it is trying to run. SOLUTION

    If this error occurs during startup, it is mostly likely caused by a spyware or adware program which is missing, corrupt, or partially deleted.

    1. Remove Spyware/Adware

    Using your favorite search engine, search for "spyware removal utility" as your search phrase. This search will help you locate many free spyware removal utilities.

    Note: The Spyware Removal Utility can help you get rid of this error message partially. Any new spyware can get itself downloaded to your system later. To get rid of this problem completely, try the second option given below.

    2. Remove WJView entries from Startup

    Wjview lets you view Windows based Java applications. You might receive an error message if Wjview attempts to start an application on your system that no longer exists.

    You may need to modify the system configuration settings to completely get rid of the error. To do so, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start > Run.
    The Run dialog box appears.
    2. Type msconfig.exe.
    3. Click OK.
    The System Configuration Utility dialog box appears.
    4. Select the Startup tab.
    5. Deselect the WJView.exe and/or javaw.exe check boxes that are associated with this problem.
    6. Click OK.
    You will be prompted to restart the computer. Restart the system to apply changes.
    I don't have those files in my start-up....
  19. #3099  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Yes I did see the spyware post. WebOS QI was the first app I tried to install after a clean install of Windows 7 and MS Security Essentials. I'm certain there's no spyware.

    I'm certain this is a Java problem, not webOSQI or Novacom
    Please try the following. Try running WebOS Quick Install from a command console window. Bring that window up by clicking Start, then typing cmd and press the Enter key. In the window that just popped up CD (change directory) to the folder where you downloaded WebOS Quick Install and the webosdoctor .jar files. Enter the following command...

    java -jar webosquickinstall.jar

    If it comes up OK, there is simply something wrong with your Java file associations. You can usually correct that by removing and reinstalling Java.

    Let us know if you need more help.
    Last edited by MortiseMaker; 01/13/2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Added missing paren
  20. #3100  
    I keep getting "error: cannot find device" when I try to use WOSQI for any HomeBrew app. I have looked at Jason's troubleshooting tips UP and DOWN. I have tried many many things but keep getting that error message.

    Can anyone offer a little insight on the situation?
    Have you had this problem before and had it fixed?? If so, How??

    Thanks in advance!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions