Page 153 of 165 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154155156157158163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    I'm trying to get my palm pre to "revert to default" on the WOSQI. It is blocked off where I can't click it. I need to revert to default because i want to install the lastest version of Web OS, and they say you need to get rid of your tweaks and theme. But this is cauing me problems. Can anybody please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by .plaid View Post
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Best,
    To completely wipe your phone you must first do a 'full erase' then use the webos doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by and1nnikegrl23 View Post
    I'm trying to get my palm pre to "revert to default" on the WOSQI. It is blocked off where I can't click it. I need to revert to default because i want to install the latest version of Web OS, and they say you need to get rid of your tweaks and theme. But this is causing me problems. Can anybody please help!
    Well you have two options:
    1. Follow this post ... then put the theme.xml (which you can get from the theme's .zip file) in the location described.

2. Try installing the same theme on-top of the old via Preware... then try reverting to default.
    - This second option may result in the theme being stuck, so only use this option if your comfortable will a full erase and webos doctor if it doesn't work out.
    - In the future you can avoid this by only applying themes approved for the webos version your using.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    a coupla days ago i ran the 1.3.5 webOS update and it erased the package manager service and preware off my phone...so i reinstalled the package manager service and preware using the webOS quick install but it's not showing up on my phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by morenacita View Post
    a coupla days ago i ran the 1.3.5 webOS update and it erased the package manager service and preware off my phone...so i reinstalled the package manager service and preware using the webOS quick install but it's not showing up on my phone...
    try uninstalling and installing again ... go to tools>>>device management>>> and unintall them after that restart and try installing again!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    try uninstalling and installing again ... go to tools>>>device management>>> and unintall them after that restart and try installing again!
    i found a different solution...thanx anyway!!
    Last edited by morenacita; 01/07/2010 at 01:40 PM.
    So, I ran WebOS Dr and then tried putting the Roam Only option on the Pre before I updated the software. It showed up under Device Management yet still didn't work. So, uninstalled the Roam Only option from the phone, updated the phone and then it wasn't showing up again...does anyone think it's because of the new software and we're waiting for 2.97??

On a similar note. I was able to get the battery percentage to work in the top right hand corner of the screen. So I'm fairly confident I'm doing things correctly.

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!
    There's a definite flaw in the Quick Install for 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1.

I've done a doctor three times now since 1.3.5 came out.
    Each time I have started to apply the check box patches.

After about 5 of them, the connection "times out" and you have to close out of the tweak box and reopen it. When you do that, all the boxes are unchecked BUT the patches are still applied to the phone.
    This also occurs when doing the online repository.

I have NEVER had this issue prior to 1.3.5/1.3.5.1

Here is the exact error message:

"Error 18:

Connection refused: connect"

It is definitely connected and Dev mode is enabled.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 01/07/2010 at 03:45 PM.
    Yeah...sounds like 1.3.5.1 has some conflicts...oh well. Just gotta wait for that BAMF dude Jason. Can't wait!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    So if I have this on my computer, fileCoaster, and preWare, and I want to download Doom, but Doom is 1.3.5 and im on 1.3.1 (or the version before .5).

do I have to uninstall all packages and apps I have? what should I do/not do, and is this going to work if I update to 1.3.5 (no doctor just quick install)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    There's a definite flaw in the Quick Install for 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1.

I've done a doctor three times now since 1.3.5 came out.
    Each time I have started to apply the check box patches.

After about 5 of them, the connection "times out" and you have to close out of the tweak box and reopen it. When you do that, all the boxes are unchecked BUT the patches are still applied to the phone.
    This also occurs when doing the online repository.

I have NEVER had this issue prior to 1.3.5/1.3.5.1

Here is the exact error message:

"Error 18:

Connection refused: connect"

It is definitely connected and Dev mode is enabled.
    I'm having the same issue.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi! Do QuickInstall and Preware speak the same language? that is, if I install a bunch of patches via QuickInstall (which lets me do a bunch at the same time) is there any future incompatibility with respect to Preware upgrades or the periodic ERP for the WebOS upgrades?

thanks!
    just one quick concern. It appears that the WebOS Dr file is not saving or downloading with the correct name that WebOS Quick Install is looking for. I downloaded both of them into their own directory and WebOS was still looking for the DR file. Lucky I had another installation on a different PC, so I looked at it and noticed the DR file was names: webOSDoctor.jar I modified the name on the file I downloaded to match this and it worked. Just a heads-up!
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    To completely wipe your phone you must first do a 'full erase' then use the webos doctor.
    Thanks for the insight, but it didn't seem to help.

1. I used Quick Install to remove all patches - EPR told me there were none to remove (battery still listed as a %age)
    2. I performed a Full Erase and reloaded Palm Profile including apps.
    3. I tried to run WebOS Doctor (build Sprint.169.219) again; it did its Novacomd thing and then stopped: told me I have to connect my phone; "Next" is greyed out. I'm comforted by this tip on the WebOS Doctor website:
    TIP If connection options appear on your phone's screen when you plug it in, you do not need this tool. Close the webOS Doctor window and disconnect your phone.
    Since I have the 3 options I'm guessing that I'm not supposed to make progress...or something. funnily, the OS version is still 1.3.5; I would've thought that the Doc would update my OS.
    4. I went back into Dev mode and tried to add patches using QI: no joy. When I checked the 4x4 box on the Tweaks page I got the error shown in the attached.

Of all the patches available the two that I care about the most are the 4x4 icons and the battery %age. Even though I'm told that no patches are installed I still see the battery %age rather than the battery icon; I would be ok with this except for the notion that this discrepancy might be preventing me from applying the 4x4 icon patch.

Kinda frustrating, but I have the weekend again so....

Again, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Best,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by .plaid View Post

Kinda frustrating, but I have the weekend again so....

Again, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Best,
    I found a solution that worked for me but may not work for everyone.

I discovered that the Palm Profile is storing this info and the patches so when you do a doctor, it just comes back. And then messes up WEBOSQI and Preware.

My solution was to 'erase' the Palm Profile (you do that by turning off 'Backup' on your phone) and then doctoring your phone.

But you will loose you email setting and contacts that are stored in the Profile.

You would be truly back to factory defaults.

But it worked for me.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Could not find anyone linking to WebOS Doctor 1.3.5.1 JAR download directly so I rooted around and figured out what it is (sorry if someone else posted this):

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar

I like to have the latest with Quick Install even though you don't have to. Hope this helps.

EDIT: This is for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I found a solution that worked for me but may not work for everyone.

I discovered that the Palm Profile is storing this info and the patches so when you do a doctor, it just comes back. And then messes up WEBOSQI and Preware.

My solution was to 'erase' the Palm Profile (you do that by turning off 'Backup' on your phone) and then doctoring your phone.

But you will loose you email setting and contacts that are stored in the Profile.

You would be truly back to factory defaults.

But it worked for me.

Rob
    It sounds like you could've just removed your patches, initiated a back-up, and then performed a doctoring. That way you wouldn't have to lose your Palm Profile data or worry about patches being saved (dunno if they're saved or not).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    It sounds like you could've just removed your patches, initiated a back-up, and then performed a doctoring. That way you wouldn't have to lose your Palm Profile data or worry about patches being saved (dunno if they're saved or not).
    Yeah that would have been the way to go if I had first deleted the patches.

But in the past, I had alway just done a straight doctor and now it looks like the Palm Profile was storing that data, it never did in the past.

So when I did the doctor the first thing, I did lose the ability to get the patches out.

OK yes, I remember now, I was on my way home from a trip and the phone wanted to do the upgrade and I keep saying now (I was in the car) and then at one point the vibration of the car kicked off the upgrade. The it was over and was too late to remove patches. Now, I remember why I had the mess.

Normally, I get the phone prepared for the upgrade but this time, it came and I was out of town and not near my computer and it ran on its own even with me attempting to try and stop it until I made it home to clean it up.

Anyway, I got mine fixed and that is why I am suggesting to others that seem to have done the same and are having issues to try my solution.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Alright, I think that's got 'er. I got back to the battery icon.

1. Turned Backup off
    2. Full Erase
    3. webOS Doctor build Sprint.170.220 (Next issue resolved via this thread [forums.palm.com])
    4. Confirmed 1.3.5.1
    5. Applied patches
    6. Turned Backup on this was done automatically at during the doctoring I guess.

Thanks, all, for your help. Whew, done...'til February.

Best,
    Hi I am in need of some help. I did a hard reset. All of my loaded applications were reloaded without any problem after the reset

Now, I can't get QuickInstall to open. It does not recognize the device or a device connected. I have downloaded quick install multiple times as well as WebOS doctor. I have 3 or 4 of each of them on my computer. When I try to open them, it still says no device detected.

With the reset, my preware and developer mode were erased and I can't reinstall them without using quickinstall.

I have restared novacom and also made sure I have the correct Java.

I have looked through the postings and tried some of the things to fix but I haven't had any luck. Ready to throw it out the window!!

I don't know what to do.......any help would be greatly apprecaited.
    Whenever I can't connect it's invariably because I didn't enable developer mode (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart). Any chance you missed this step?

And btw, the process for webOS Doctor involves removing the battery (see the link in my post above).