Page 152 of 165 FirstFirst ... 52102142147148149150151152153154155156157162 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Ahh, it appears to rename the file 'webOSDoctor.jar' rather than the full filename. Did I overlook that? Or is it not mentioned on the installation guides?
    Now when I connect my Pre and run WebOS quick install o my PC, it shows the diffstat, GNU patch, GSTstreamer, and Package Manager Service. When I go to Patches in the Drop down menu, it no longer shows any like it used to. What in heaven creation did I do? Does anyone have this problem?

I reinstalled all my tweaks/patches after the two latest updates using webOS quick install, so this is baffling. Since then, I did update Preware and ran Emergency Migration Helper so I can download apps from the app cat again.

This tweaking/patch thing is driving me nuts when it comes to updates.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Now when I connect my Pre and run WebOS quick install o my PC, it shows the diffstat, GNU patch, GSTstreamer, and Package Manager Service. When I go to Patches in the Drop down menu, it no longer shows any like it used to. What in heaven creation did I do? Does anyone have this problem?

I reinstalled all my tweaks/patches after the two latest updates using webOS quick install, so this is baffling. Since then, I did update Preware and ran Emergency Migration Helper so I can download apps from the app cat again.

This tweaking/patch thing is driving me nuts when it comes to updates.

I feel your pain brother I have got in to the habit to were i just webos doctor my phone and start over every time there is an update... I have the best luck doing this with Webos QI and PreWare its takes me maybe 20 30 min to get every thing back to the way it was... I know most of you wont want to do this but its really not that bad. I did try it once with out doing that and i had probs when going from 1.3.5 to 1.3.5.1 i had probs WebOS QI would not see my patches... I removed them first via EPR then updated then redid the patches they installed just fine but the next run of WebOS QI would not see em so i just did a full erase of the phone and started from scratch...

You may try doing the EPR from within PreWare Because I have come to realize that if WebOS QI does not see your patching then if you run EPR from with in WebOS QI it would not work had to run from with in PreWare... hope this helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I feel your pain brother i have got in to the habit to were i just webos doctor my phone and start over i have the best luck doing this with webos QI and pre ware its takes me maybe 20 30 min to get every thing back to the way it was... i know most of you wont want to do this but its really not that bad. I did try it once with out doing that and i had probs when going from 1.3.5 to 1.3.5.1 i had probs WebOS QI would not see my patches) I removed them first via EPR then updated then re did the patches they installed just fine but the next run of WebOS QI would not see em so i just did a full erase of the phone and started from scratch...

You may try doing the EPR from within PreWare Because i have come to realize that if WebOS QI does not see your patching then if you run EPR from with in WebOS QI it would not work had to run from with in PreWare... hope this helps...
    Yeah, I can try EPR from Preware, and then just get rid of Preware altogether and just use WebOSQI, na mean? This is possible to need Preware installed right?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvasquez View Post
    hey thanks jason for all your pre help so far and i cant wait for the new quick install....but just out of curiousity does anyone know wut this "length" error i keep getting wen i try to open preware on the 1.3.5 is? idk wut it is and i havent seen anything about it in the forum. if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it.

Hey i got the same error before i used WebOS QI to remove PreWare and PMS then reinstalled did a full phone reboot and all was good again you might try that...
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    @ Jason...or anyone for that matter who can help.. I keep getting a command prompt window that flashes the below errors then closes quickly everytime I try to run WebOSQI on my Windows 7 Pro machine.....any ideas how to get it to work? Novacom installed just fine and is conformed as working:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: C:\Users\milenkod\Downloads\WebOSQuickInstall/jar
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: C:\Users\milenkod\Downloads\
    WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
    Could not find the main class: C:\Users\milenkod\Downloads\WebOSQuickInst

Windows 7 X86 or X64? Remove Java and reinstall it that most likely would get you working ok... I am using windows 7 Ult and i had to update to the latest version of java...
    Quote Originally Posted by jtclosson View Post
    Could somebody tell me how to get rid of this ghost theme (webos qi thinks there's one anyway)..... I done a Palm RESET, Webos Doctor, reloaded updates, etc. Is there a way to TRULY clean off everything from this thing and start over?

To 100% clean your phone you need to do a Full erase and then a WebOS doctor...

after you do that you will have a clean canvas to work with I have been scalded for saying this in the past (O WELL) but if your themein and patching all the time then get use to doing this...

In-fact i have got to were i do a full erase before every update some times also do a WebOS Doctor this is the only True way to start with a clean canvas and you know what!?!? since i have started doing this i have had NO probs with my pre at all...

I use to remove patching and so on then update and re do all this patching and themes but that always led to probs not matter what i did...
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Yeah, I can try EPR from Preware, and then just get rid of Preware altogether and just use WebOSQI, na mean? This is possible to need Preware installed right?

Yes to run EPR from with in Preware you have to have it installed used WebOS QI to install it... If this does not work then you may need to do a Full erase and WebOS doctor... i know you prob did not want to here that but it may be needed
    Hey i got the same error before i used WebOS QI to remove PreWare and PMS then reinstalled did a full phone reboot and all was good again you might try that...
    thanks ill sure give it a try. and thanks for responding to it ive left like 3 posts with no replys.
    worked like a charm
    well what are some of the differences?
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgoin783 View Post
    well what are some of the differences?
    Between?????
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I have this problem when using WOSQI 2.96, under User-Installed Content (Applications) several App names are listed as "This is a webOS application." while several are listed correctly by their names. I have never seen this before. Displayed without names are net2stream, splashID and Stitcher Radio. If I click on these I get an App Info bubble that tells what they are (Name, Version, Size, AppID and developer. Several whose names are displayed properly are FlightView, LinkedIn, wikiHow and Wobble Words. Note this is a new refurbed Pre (whose apps were restored OTA) and a new installation of WOSQI on a Win7 machine. Sorry for all the variables, I usually try to control my experiments better - but it was a perfect storm (I actually ordered the refurb due to WiFi radio problems but semi-bricked it with the 1.3.5 update... and then realized that WOSQI (to remove Preware and Package Manger) was not working correctly anymore on my XP machine (haven't used it in a while), so I installed anew on my Win 7 laptop. Any explanation for "This is a webOS application." is appreciated.
    Last edited by liv2surf; 01/06/2010 at 04:14 PM.
    PalmPilot Professional > Palm Vx (RAM upgraded by 3rd pty) > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 2 x Pre (mine and my wife's)
    can anyone help me with running quick install on windows 7 professional 64-bit. when i try to open the program this error message comes up
    (see attached link)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by logan.fleisher View Post
    can anyone help me with running quick install on windows 7 professional 64-bit. when i try to open the program this error message comes up
    (see attached link)
    The message appears to indicate that the file you are opening is an .exe. It should be webosquickinstall.jar (an executable JAVA archive file). I also run Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. The software works well on that platform.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I got a slew of errors when trying to add back my theme.... but it definitly worked.
    how do i change the file from .exe to .jar? I tried just renaming the program but it didn't work.
    if anyone is having trouble with novacom driver for vista 32 bit pm me your email and i will send to you , i have a modified version of novacom because i had trouble with the computer and the novacom driver myself . later!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    So, I got Quick Install to work, however I can't seem yo get the Roam Only function to work.

I am assuming it is due to the update to WebOS.

Here is the error I received:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run/tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [N]
    Apply anyway? [N]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.phone-add-roam-control-to-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.phone-add-roam-control-to-prefs.prem)

As far as I know, the patch never installed correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by .plaid View Post
    Edit 1/06/10 Haven't seen any responses to my particular concern, so I went ahead and wiped the phone using Palm's WebDoctor. Didn't affect the USB portion as per comments below, but I did have to redo the Shopping List storage file as per another thread on this site ("how to transfer from beta to release somethingsomething"). I got most of the tweaks I'd like but the 4x4 icons and phone call length tweaks won't apply; further still can't install new Apps from catalog.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Best,