Page 151 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51101141146147148149150151152153154155156161 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Can I run the webOSrepair utility on the last version of webOSdoctor or is there a new webOSdoctor for the new 1.3.5 webOS update?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Any version of webOSDoctor will be enough to get WebOS Quick Install running. The only reason I like having up-to-date webOSDoctor download urls is for the unlikely event the user wants to run it separately to doctor their device; that way they don't need to redownload latest.
    How far to I need to go with WebOSDoctor for Quick Install to get started? I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8 and get all the way to where it says it wants to erase my phone and QuickInstall keeps wanting to download a new version. But nothing happens.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    I figured out why it wasn't installing. Novacmd didn't properly setup when I first identified USB, so I forced a "reinstallation" and now it works great. It's absolutely amazing what the Homebrew community has done with this device. And here I thought WebOS was amazing before!
    can somebody please help me do the quick install and walk me trougth the steps for the preware?
    hey thanks jason for all your pre help so far and i cant wait for the new quick install....but just out of curiousity does anyone know wut this "length" error i keep getting wen i try to open preware on the 1.3.5 is? idk wut it is and i havent seen anything about it in the forum. if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    Can I run the webOSrepair utility on the last version of webOSdoctor or is there a new webOSdoctor for the new 1.3.5 webOS update?
    Jason is working on the repair utility for WebOS 1.3.5 and he said it will be out soon. Don't use the current WebOS Repair Utility. It is not for WebOS 1.3.5. It was made for 1.3/1.3.1 and will more than likely do serious damage to your Pre.

WebDR 1.3.5 is also available.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    @ Jason...or anyone for that matter who can help.. I keep getting a command prompt window that flashes the below errors then closes quickly everytime I try to run WebOSQI on my Windows 7 Pro machine.....any ideas how to get it to work? Novacom installed just fine and is conformed as working:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: C:\Users\milenkod\Downloads\WebOSQuickInstall/jar
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: C:\Users\milenkod\Downloads\
    WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
    Could not find the main class: C:\Users\milenkod\Downloads\WebOSQuickInst
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I actually did do this, and I do every time there's an update. And I can't get themes to work properly regardless. No need to be scolding people about lessons.
    I've done this every time too and still get these problems. The main cause of all my problems is changing the theme. I can't believe that Palm doesn't already have this all figured out and onboard the phone from the factory. We should be able to switch themes as easy as switching wallpaper. Why is this a tweak? Themes, skins, etc. have been around on software and devices for years... this is only a matter of putting the right graphics files in the right place... how can it possible cause so much trouble!

Come on Palm... give us a break... add THEMES... and VOICE COMMANDS while you're at it.

Okay... time to chill out.
    Jason,

I know your time is limited, but I wanted to be sure your aware that theme's do not install perfectly with WOSQI and 1.3.5 + .

Well at least not for my themes, here is a link to the error message I receive.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2112793-post15.html

Please advise.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    So i updated to 1.3.5 then to 1.3.5.1 and everything was going fine but now when i try to add ipk apps using the quick install, it doesnt work. After i click the install button, it shows each of the apps installing but none of them show up on my phone. i Have dev mod on, and am using the most recent quickinstall, 2.96. Apps installed from the catalog are working but none of the homebrew apps. tried installing preware ang lots of other apps and nothing shows up. i do NOT get a "no device" error , just no result on the list of apps after installing them. help!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Could somebody tell me how to get rid of this ghost theme (webos qi thinks there's one anyway)..... I done a Palm RESET, Webos Doctor, reloaded updates, etc. Is there a way to TRULY clean off everything from this thing and start over?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Jason,

I know your time is limited, but I wanted to be sure your aware that theme's do not install perfectly with WOSQI and 1.3.5 + .

Well at least not for my themes, here is a link to the error message I receive.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2112793-post15.html

Please advise.
    Themes dont install or uninstall perfectly, no matter how you do it.

Alot of themes contain a patch of some sort that installs whether you have a similar patch already installed or not w/o creating a backup of your original file which will cause issues during removal of theme or patch. This will cause serious issues with an OTA.

The biggest problem I see w/theming is that there is no monitoring body to fix the problem of patch install w/o a way to accurately reset the affected file.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Themes dont install or uninstall perfectly, no matter how you do it.

Alot of themes contain a patch of some sort that installs whether you have a similar patch already installed or not w/o creating a backup of your original file which will cause issues during removal of theme or patch. This will cause serious issues with an OTA.

The biggest problem I see w/theming is that there is no monitoring body to fix the problem of patch install w/o a way to accurately reset the affected file.
    I understand... I've been around since day 1 the above reasons are what forced me to create my own theme (which doesn't include patches) and it has always worked perfectly ... until now.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I tried installing the WebOs Quick Install and I also downloaded the WebDoctor. I put them in the same folder like you said but when i go to click on WebOs Installer it doesnt work and says I need WebDoctor so i try to install it again using the pop up window that displayed the message and it would let me pick Sprint Pre but wouldnt download anything... Am I doing something wrong??

Thank you!
    I'm also working with WebOS-Internals on integrating AUPT, which will allow patches to stay installed during updates.
    Best news I've read all day! Looking forward to this, a lot.
    Any version of webOSDoctor will be enough to get WebOS Quick Install running. The only reason I like having up-to-date webOSDoctor download urls is for the unlikely event the user wants to run it separately to doctor their device; that way they don't need to redownload latest.

Also, I am well aware of the current patch issue, where some patches will appear under "Patches" and others will appear under "Applications". At the same time, the Tweaks section won't correctly identify some patches as applied. This is a single issue that is the result of WebOS-Internals giving me mixed messages in regards to 1.3.5 plans.

Expect a fixed 2.97 soon. I'm also working with WebOS-Internals on integrating AUPT, which will allow patches to stay installed during updates.
    Just a minor annoyance that could scare the crap out of everyone, if you click on file and than the Panic button you get a warning message saying webos doctor will restore to 1.0.3
    can you make it where the correct vers is displayed depending on what vers of doctor is on your computer and add an option for cancelling the process?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Could somebody PLEASE tell me how to get rid of this ghost theme.... I've Doctored, I've done a Total Reset... I've upgraded... I've EPRed.... this is ridiculous.... HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtclosson View Post
    Could somebody PLEASE tell me how to get rid of this ghost theme.... I've Doctored, I've done a Total Reset... I've upgraded... I've EPRed.... this is ridiculous.... HELP!
    you did a full erase?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    you did a full erase?
    So it's showing up on preware and quick install that you have a theme installed or you get an error saying that you already have a theme when you try to install? If you have DR and it's still there, you are going to have to wait until the new DR comes out and try it again.
    Hmmm... I've got the 1.3.1 EU version of WebOS Doctor and the newest download of WebOS Quick Install in the same folder. Novacom is installed correctly. When I run the WOSQUI, it keeps asking to download it again! The filenames are both identical.
    I gave up and am redownloading it now. I will let you know if there is a problem with it's 'own' version. I thought I would add something here incase there is a bigger problem hiding here.