Page 150 of 165 FirstFirst ... 50100140145146147148149150151152153154155160 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
  1. JRC
    hey guys i need sum help bad.... don't know if i'm @ the right forum but here i go... i had sum tweeks n themes installed in my pre, automatically it downloaded the webos 1.3.5 but i was out of town wit out been hable to get to a computer to uninstall the tweeks/themes so next thing i know it saiy that it will install the update @ the next device charge n i had to charge my phone so yeah it updated the pre to webos 1.3.5... it took off the tweeks/themes n now that i got back home i tried to see revert to the old them but b4 i even pushed the button i screen came up saying that i file could not b found can't remember exactly what it says but i installed the preware to see if i could uninstalled the them completely, so i installed the preware n restarted the pre but the pre froze in the "palm" logo n i don't know what to do.... i don't wanna use the doctor thing in quick install cuz i'm afraid that it will erase all the pix that i have... can anybody help me please!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JRC View Post
    hey guys i need sum help bad.... don't know if i'm @ the right forum but here i go... i had sum tweeks n themes installed in my pre, automatically it downloaded the webos 1.3.5 but i was out of town wit out been hable to get to a computer to uninstall the tweeks/themes so next thing i know it saiy that it will install the update @ the next device charge n i had to charge my phone so yeah it updated the pre to webos 1.3.5... it took off the tweeks/themes n now that i got back home i tried to see revert to the old them but b4 i even pushed the button i screen came up saying that i file could not b found can't remember exactly what it says but i installed the preware to see if i could uninstalled the them completely, so i installed the preware n restarted the pre but the pre froze in the "palm" logo n i don't know what to do.... i don't wanna use the doctor thing in quick install cuz i'm afraid that it will erase all the pix that i have... can anybody help me please!!!
    with everything you've said...ur gonna have to doctor ur phone but just to let u know...the newest doctor doesnt delete ur homebrew apps nor the usb drive so u can doctor away...the only thing ur gonna have to install back r the services and of course ur patches and themes
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3. JRC
    dude thank u so much for helping me out i don't care about doing all the work over again i just don't wanna look the pix inside the USB thankx dude i'll do that right now n i'll let u know what ever happened....
    Quote Originally Posted by JRC View Post
    dude thank u so much for helping me out i don't care about doing all the work over again i just don't wanna look the pix inside the USB thankx dude i'll do that right now n i'll let u know what ever happened....
    i hope im right...bc i remember i doctored my phone on dec 29 or the 30th and when i turned on my phone all my apps and everytihng on the usb stayed put just services patches and of course the theme were gone so yeah
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i hope im right...bc i remember i doctored my phone on dec 29 or the 30th and when i turned on my phone all my apps and everytihng on the usb stayed put just services patches and of course the theme were gone so yeah
    Guys, I just looked at the QI documentation at: Palm - Download - webOS Doctor - Sprint and it states the following:

Important: If you have pictures, videos, music files, or other files on the USB drive of your phone, you will need to restore these from your computer. Running the tool deletes all files stored in the USB drive.

You probably shouldn't use webOS doc if you definitely don't want to risk loosing your USB files.
    Quote Originally Posted by mawebb2 View Post
    Guys, I just looked at the QI documentation at: Palm - Download - webOS Doctor - Sprint and it states the following:

Important: If you have pictures, videos, music files, or other files on the USB drive of your phone, you will need to restore these from your computer. Running the tool deletes all files stored in the USB drive.

You probably shouldn't use webOS doc if you definitely don't want to risk loosing your USB files.
    yes it used to be like that....but the new doctor doesnt do that anymore i already did it...if u dont believe me then thats ok
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

yes it used to be like that....but the new doctor doesnt do that anymore i already did it...if u dont believe me then thats ok
    confirmed!!i just run the doctor 1.3.5 and didnt erase my usb files!
  8. JRC
    Quote Originally Posted by mawebb2 View Post

we about to find out i already finished using the doc n i'm just waiting for ma ph finished installing ma contacts from ma profile...
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    confirmed!!i just run the doctor 1.3.5 and didnt erase my usb files!
    i dont lie...i help my pre family out
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

10. JRC
    2nd confirmation!! it worked 100% i just finished doing my pre n it didn't touched my USB....
    i dont lie...i help my pre family out
    ok ok mr pre fixer! lol
  12. JRC
    with everything you've said...ur gonna have to doctor ur phone but just to let u know...the newest doctor doesnt delete ur homebrew apps nor the usb drive so u can doctor away...the only thing ur gonna have to install back r the services and of course ur patches and themes
    thanx a lot bro... it didn't touched my USB witch it was really important now i just have to reinstalled all the patches n other stuff....
    i have a mac n i have been trying to get webos quick install n i keep gettin this message askin me if i wanna download webos doc.....i have both jav apps in a folder i need help..i have version 1.2.1 bcuz i used webos doc shud i upgrade...i want the vurtiual keyboad..plzz help
    at first i thought the new DR.1.3.5 didnt work right. so i went to DR.1.3.1 then downloaded ota 1.3.5 (didnt have much on my usb since im always experimenting with my pre and find it easier to visit the doc when something aint right) but kinda suspected its just the way the new doc works. thanks for the reassurance Juan
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFFRESH700 View Post
    i have a mac n i have been trying to get webos quick install n i keep gettin this message askin me if i wanna download webos doc.....i have both jav apps in a folder i need help..i have version 1.2.1 bcuz i used webos doc shud i upgrade...i want the vurtiual keyboad..plzz help
    Same problem here. Although I might have worded it differently
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    EDIT: see this was discussed on previous page...

Getting ready to remove patches so I can install the exchange fix (1.3.5.1) and came across an issue with QI 2.9.6 - when pulling up device management, it lists no patches installed on the device, even though there are more than a dozen.

It looks like some of the patches (maybe all) are listed under applications (4x4 icons v3, GNU patch, capture with vol keys, close on hangup...)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Is there a listing of which patches no longer work with Quick Install since 1.3.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    My experience is that you can but you won't be able to remove the theme and get the default one back (the option is grayed out).

An error code that appears when installing a theme on 2.96 seems to indicate that the theme.xml file has to be loaded onto the Pre for QI to recognize that it is no the default theme. With 2.96 it seems that the theme.xml file does not get loaded onto the Pre. However the rest of the theme does.
    Any further updates on this?
    Should I assume that since Palm just updated to 1.3.5.1, and there's no doctor out for it, that I won't be able to install PreWare? I was just trying to do it today for the first time, then I realized my phone updated last night, and it looks like the latest doctor that's out right now is still 1.3.5. I keep getting the No Device error.
  20.    #3000  
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes9 View Post
    Should I assume that since Palm just updated to 1.3.5.1, and there's no doctor out for it, that I won't be able to install PreWare? I was just trying to do it today for the first time, then I realized my phone updated last night, and it looks like the latest doctor that's out right now is still 1.3.5. I keep getting the No Device error.
    Any version of webOSDoctor will be enough to get WebOS Quick Install running. The only reason I like having up-to-date webOSDoctor download urls is for the unlikely event the user wants to run it separately to doctor their device; that way they don't need to redownload latest.

Also, I am well aware of the current patch issue, where some patches will appear under "Patches" and others will appear under "Applications". At the same time, the Tweaks section won't correctly identify some patches as applied. This is a single issue that is the result of WebOS-Internals giving me mixed messages in regards to 1.3.5 plans.

Expect a fixed 2.97 soon. I'm also working with WebOS-Internals on integrating AUPT, which will allow patches to stay installed during updates.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook