Page 15 of 165 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    When I installed my first tweak it asked to download some files needed for installation of tweaks. When getting ready for future updates from Palm do these files need to be removed and if so what are they? I think it mentioned 3 of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Since Preware works with WebOS QI couldnt you use Preware too, or do you have to go where you got it to uninstall...?
    i used preawre to uninstall a patch i had and it worked great u jut have to restart ur pre
    Quote Originally Posted by zathrath03 View Post
    I'm getting the same error as the original poster. I deleted both files per your instructions and am still getting the same error. I am able to apply other patches, just not this one. I attached the error so you don't have to find the OP.

I'm running:
    Windows 7 64bit
    WebOS Quick Install v2.72
    Palm webOS 1.2.1

Thank you for your help.
    +1 same exact thing here jason

iphone spoof agent and web url multi patch wont work !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjack View Post
    Sorry but is it safe to run QI2.72 on os1.2.1?
    Why not? that's what it's there for...
    im using a combination of QI 2.03 and 2.72 for some tweaks. 2.72 did not want to let me use CHANGE OPACITY and BATTERY PERCENT w/icon tweaks,and messaging with avatar so i installed all i wanted and could with 2.72, then ran 2.03 and installed those missing tweaks that i really want and all is working fine
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    i used preawre to uninstall a patch i had and it worked great u jut have to restart ur pre
    Actually, go to the homebrews and download Luna Manager, it's awesome, it will simply Luna your machine so you dont have to wait around for a reboot...
    I've read through all the posts, and first off -THANKS- to Jason for his quick turns on 2.7.1 & 2.7.2 and everyone else for taking a shot (and apparently a little risk) and providing feedback. Based on the progress so far I'm going to weenie out for a few days and wait for the dust to settle some.

For all you who've had success, could you tell us what "state" your Pre was in, if you are upgrading WOSQI and/or the other req'd downloads, and what you've tested so far? - thanks to you who have.

It might help those of us waiting to jump in... But I know it will help Jason figure out if there are changes needed or instructions updated.

and big thanks again... I'm looking forward to truly enjoying a handheld device again, and this is the first time since my Handspinrg Visor days that it might happen!

-jim
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I was messing with the patches under the Online Repository tab in Quick Install v2.7, and my first patch was "Add Date to Top". I hate it and proceeded to search for a way to uninstall the patch. So far, the only two ways I know how to uninstall these patches are to uncheck them in the main tweaks tab; or go the the Device Manager option, hit the Patches dropdown menu option to bring up a list of your installed patches, check the ones you want gone and hit "Uninstall".

My problem is that every patch I have installed via the Online Repository is showing up EXCEPT for the Add Date to Top patch. Does this bug have anything to do with the fact that it was the first Online Repository patch I tried to install? Anyone else encountering similar problems? Thanks!

System Specs:
    * Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    * fresh Palm Pre with no previous tweaks installed prior to Quick Install v2.7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i used recovery patch and patches are still showing up that are not there and i cant get rid of them ,anyone any ideas here
    the EPR or emergency patch removal from Preware worked perfectly for me...
    can't say how much i appreciate all the expertise and coordination it took to get this done.
    Since I started using the new quick install and I have the battery and and few other things installed, but it has broken my email! Anyone else have this problem? My email will not list the drop downs when hitting the arrows. I think my pre is getting hosed. :'( I need to redo all my email I am afraid of...
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroJim View Post
    I've read through all the posts, and first off -THANKS- to Jason for his quick turns on 2.7.1 & 2.7.2 and everyone else for taking a shot (and apparently a little risk) and providing feedback. Based on the progress so far I'm going to weenie out for a few days and wait for the dust to settle some.

For all you who've had success, could you tell us what "state" your Pre was in, if you are upgrading WOSQI and/or the other req'd downloads, and what you've tested so far? - thanks to you who have.

It might help those of us waiting to jump in... But I know it will help Jason figure out if there are changes needed or instructions updated.

and big thanks again... I'm looking forward to truly enjoying a handheld device again, and this is the first time since my Handspinrg Visor days that it might happen!

-jim
    i only find two that wont work and that is--

1) web url multi patch
    2) iphone spoof agent

update
    now add date to top bar will not install or uninstall and its not showing in the top bar. this is the same for both add date to top bar patches, and both are showing as installed patch
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 10/04/2009 at 02:42 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Le THieN View Post
    I was messing with the patches under the Online Repository tab in Quick Install v2.7, and my first patch was "Add Date to Top". I hate it and proceeded to search for a way to uninstall the patch. So far, the only two ways I know how to uninstall these patches are to uncheck them in the main tweaks tab; or go the the Device Manager option, hit the Patches dropdown menu option to bring up a list of your installed patches, check the ones you want gone and hit "Uninstall".

My problem is that every patch I have installed via the Online Repository is showing up EXCEPT for the Add Date to Top patch. Does this bug have anything to do with the fact that it was the first Online Repository patch I tried to install? Anyone else encountering similar problems? Thanks!

System Specs:
    I also just added the add date to top patch 5 minutes ago and I am in exactly the same situation. How do I make it go away?
    Donation sent! Thanks again Jason for your hard work. Kudos!
    anyone else not able to connect?

edit: nevermind went to palm pre threads and someone else had this issue... it needs to be in dev mode
    My launcher button is now broken after I installed the Blue Theme. I've never installed a theme before but after that the launcher button just brings up a search box. I guess I'll have to Doctor the phone since I'm on 1.2.1. At least I was able to save all my files. No more themes for me once I get this thing back up and running.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    i keep getting error 18 connection time out any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Le THieN View Post

System Specs:
    use preware to uninstall any patch installed via the repository
    I have to give a huge congratulations and THANKS to you peeps who did this. Seriously, This is absolutely amazing and makes owning a Pre well worth it. Thanks for everything you all are doing!!!
    I installed the "Add date to top bar" patch in WebOSQI in the Online Repository. I want to uninstall it and I cannot find where to uninstall it. It's not under Online Respository to uninstall and not under device management. How do I uninstall this?

Thanks
    There is no spoon