Page 148 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4898138143144145146147148149150151152153158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moist View Post
    I am having the exact same issue and it is very frustrating. In my drunken state last night I applied 1.3.5 without removing my Preware patches first but I WebOS Doctor'ed my phone this morning and ever since I keep getting "Device not found" by WebOS QuickInstall when I go to try and reinstall Preware...
    Somehow Dev. Mode got turned off. I turned it back on and then rebooted the phone just to be sure it took and now WebOS Q.I. is working. Sometimes its the simple things...
    shut dev mode then turned it back on, still no luck
    Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione View Post
    With that try - doing a 're-install' of novacom and then reboot the pc.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I don't know if anybody got this issue maybe is all tide together. After removed all the patches I downloaded the new updated. Well there it goes my access to the catalog, homebrew apps catalog, and WebOS quick install!!!! is not working is not event recognizance the phone on the WebOS installer. any idea on this??? Just say can't find phone or device.

Thanks
    Do you have the 1.3.5 version of webos doctor?

https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...nal/Home&sp=44
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i keep getting an error message saying "ERROR: an error occurred while attempting to install file.ipk" quick install was working just fine with Pre OS 1.3.1 and this occured when i updated to OS 1.3.5.

please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    With that try - doing a 're-install' of novacom and then reboot the pc.

Rob
    Tried that too. Now when I download apps it gives me two icons? Smells like a virus. Was able to install many (50%) of my tweaks, but am betting they will be gone in the AM.
    Larry
    I am using the newest version on wosqi. On WebOs 1.3.5. And when I installed a theme on a clean phone. and then when i went to go and remove it, it doesn't reconzie that i had a theme installed. Anyone else having this problem.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Ok, so I got mine working and here's what I had to do:

Doctored my phone back to 1.2

Applied 1.3.5 Software upgrade

Turned Dev. Mode on

Installed Preware and Package Manager service via WOSQI 2.96

From here everything has worked fine. The only glitch is that it doesn't appear that MyTether WiFi is patching the camera properly. However if I let it go, slide the card away and then come back into MyTether it looks like it has applied it. I haven't tried to use it quite yet though.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    is anybody getting access denied from webos quick install when you try to install an app
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Tried that too. Now when I download apps it gives me two icons? Smells like a virus. Was able to install many (50%) of my tweaks, but am betting they will be gone in the AM.
    well the good news is the tweaks made it through the night. Wish I could get the rest instaled e.g. 4x4. Can anyone tell me where the message forwarding is? Looked high and low and really miss that one
    Dude once again ur the MAN.. Thanks a bunch..
    Palm 600, Treo 755, Pre
    Don't know about the other issues in this thread, but I solved my own "no device" problem. First, like another poster observed, Developer Mode on my Pre had gotten turned off. Probably pilot error in toggling the switch too many times. Second thing was I downloaded the WebOS 1.3.5 WebOSDoctor from Palm, which reinstalled a presumably newer version of Novacom. Don't know for sure that it's newer, but it obviously thought I needed a reinstallation, so I assume it's newer. I did not let it reset my Pre after the Novacom installation. After all this, WebOS Quick Install worked fine. I reinstalled Package Manager and Preware, and all is well. First think I used Preware for was to install the newer version of Package Manager.

By the way, to get the new 1.3.5 WebOSDoctor, I looked in the jnlp file that downloaded from https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...nal/Home&sp=44 and tacked on the webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar filename to the codebase address in the top of the file content. Of course, to download the recovery tool, you'll need your Pre serial number, which can be found in the Device Info app on your Pre (if it's working) or inside the battery compartment (if your device isn't working).
    So, I have been on Palm's site reading about webos doctor and here is my question.

My phone is functioning the fastest it has ever been. I don't have allot of patches maybe 14. The other patches I want (there are only 4) I receive an IPKG error.

Runnign webos doctor scares me. Is it even worth it? or, should I be patient & wait for Jason to release another one of his Awesome quick installs.

I am perfectly fine with waiting. Just worried that these errors are just going to damage phone's webos further & create more head aches.

Is a fresh webos doctor run the smart thing to do & start over?

Getting an error on my phone just makes me feel dirty.....
    "I could calculate your chances of survival, but your not gonna like it." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    >>>>>> My WoW Fan Site <<<<<<
    So any solution to removing themes on 1.3.5? I know it has to do with the theme.xml file not being placed on the phone. Any suggestions on how to place that file on the phone so WebOS quick install recognizes the theme on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidm1519 View Post
    So, I have been on Palm's site reading about webos doctor and here is my question.

My phone is functioning the fastest it has ever been. I don't have allot of patches maybe 14. The other patches I want (there are only 4) I receive an IPKG error.

Runnign webos doctor scares me. Is it even worth it? or, should I be patient & wait for Jason to release another one of his Awesome quick installs.

I am perfectly fine with waiting. Just worried that these errors are just going to damage phone's webos further & create more head aches.

Is a fresh webos doctor run the smart thing to do & start over?

Getting an error on my phone just makes me feel dirty.....
    wait for webos repair utility it is alot better than the doctor and your not going to loose anything at all it just repairs any glitches
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    WOSQI is not recognizing the new Webos Doctor, which isn't a .jar file. Am I missing something? Do u need a .jar file? If so, where do u get the new WOSD version as a .jar, instead of the java shortcut?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    thanx, downloaded it, but WOSQI still not recognizing it. do i need to rename it to "WebOS Doctor" instead of "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint"?

Edit:
    took it upon myself to rename it to "webOSDoctor" instead of "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint" and all is well. where do u find the downloads to the .jar files when they come out? i can only ever find the java shortcuts via palm.com unless i get someone to post a link on here.
    Last edited by Darkgift; 01/03/2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: solved
    After updating to 1.3.5, my webosqi will not keep track of what has been installed.

For instance, on the tweaks page, the installed tweaks (patches) do not show up. Even when I go to the online repository, all installed patches still show in the list as if they are still available.

Also, under device management, all installed patches are showing up under the applications menu. None of the patches show up under patches.

Generally, it is as if webosqi has no ability to properly tell what is installed.

I've searched the forums and not found an answer.
    Last edited by PREADAM; 01/03/2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Not tracking installed patches properly