Page 147 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manioc View Post
    I have a feature request. I think it would be nice if WebOS Quick Install has the ability to save a list of installed tweaks and patches so that whenever we have to clear and reapply the tweaks and patches after every WebOS update we don't have to try and remember which ones we previously installed. Does anyone agree with me?
    Sounds like a great idea to me.
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I agree as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by manioc View Post
    I have a feature request. I think it would be nice if WebOS Quick Install has the ability to save a list of installed tweaks and patches so that whenever we have to clear and reapply the tweaks and patches after every WebOS update we don't have to try and remember which ones we previously installed. Does anyone agree with me?
    They have already said they are working on that. I believe they are in Alpha phase. Maybe it will be done by the next upgrade to OS, but I'm just thankful for all they've done so far.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Because I can't turn Dev mode on I can't connect to webosQI. I can get to the Dev mode toggle screen but the On/Off toggle is greyed out so when I tap to turn dev mode on nothing happens. Is there another way to turn dev mode on? This problem started after updating my Pre to 1.3.5.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Ok, been trying for 4-5 days to get the Package Manager Service re-installed after being forced to "upgrade" to 1.3.5. Whenever I plug my Pre into the WOSQI and try to install it tells me there's no device connected. Here's what I am working with and what I've tried:

Yes, I'm in developer mode
    I did remove all my patches and theme before installing 1.3.5
    Uninstalled all old WOSQI versions
    Installed the latest version of 2.96 and WOSDr
    Uninstalled all previous versions of Palm SDK and Novacom, replacing them with the latest files.
    I've tried the Orca "mod"
    In task manager I don't have any "flagged" drivers
    I've tried the "file-options-Attempt Novacom (re)Installation"
    Tried 3 different cables

I'm really at my wits end here guys. I was able to temporarily get it to recognize my phone in order for WOSQI to install the 4x4 tweak but that's it. I've tried going into Preload to download the Package Manager but the download icons aren't selectable. I don't know what else to do. I thought I had it when the 4x4 tweak installed (I used that just to verify/test the connection) but it hasn't worked since. I really don't want to Dr. the phone since I don't think that's the issue. I am running Vista 32-bit.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    i cant download patches anymore after the updates and i cant get nobody to help me this sucks
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Also verified via the services.scm that Palm Novacom is indeed running. That's actually a relief, I feared it wasn't. But now what is going on. The other thing I found, and I thought I got them all....

I still had the MyTether WiFi Camera Patch installed. I think that might be what's causing the issue now and might have to Dr. the phone

Edit- I restarted the Palm Novacom in the Services.smc and it appears I may have been able to install the PMS.

Update 2-
    Ok, this worked and now have preware and PMS re-installed on the phone. However I can again not connect to the WOSQI. This is really frustrating
    Last edited by rcgaryk; 01/01/2010 at 02:25 PM.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    I can get to the WEBQI but I can not get the screen to pop up to install preware. I can view the tweaks I used to have and all of that though. I have redone the software on both my computer and the phone and nothing works. The step by step guide worked before for me but nothing now.
    ok so does anyone know how to make the pre not update on its own?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ne ideas when the new quick install is going to be up - I miss my themes and it seems like the old one dont work to well with the 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersie View Post
    ne ideas when the new quick install is going to be up - I miss my themes and it seems like the old one dont work to well with the 1.3.5
    There's a thread where Jason states that the current WebOS Quick Install will work with 1.3.5, but WebOS Repair Utility will not. I've tried WOSQI with 1.3.5 and it seems to work for apps and themes but be careful with patches, I'd wait until they say that all the patches work with 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Dev Mode: type webos20090606
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beetljuc View Post
    There's a thread where Jason states that the current WebOS Quick Install will work with 1.3.5, but WebOS Repair Utility will not. I've tried WOSQI with 1.3.5 and it seems to work for apps and themes but be careful with patches, I'd wait until they say that all the patches work with 1.3.5
    I tried some and several didn't work and someone was on here sayn the themes won't come off if u put them on right now... i miss my pink theme lol
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    mine just isnt working with apps and themes install but arent recognized
    I got all my patches installed perfectly fine
    just all apps seem to fail
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    some of my patches are failing, i havent tried adding any new apps, but already installed apps are still on.
    My tweaks take and then disappear hours later, now when I try to udate I get error messages, tried everything. Is it time to start over
    Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione View Post
    My tweaks take and then disappear hours later, now when I try to udate I get error messages, tried everything. Is it time to start over

Also my phone won't reboot. I haven't used web os doctor, I am on vacation and reloading everything might take too long and I am afraid to loose my movies for the plane home.
    Larry
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    the avatar pic next to your name during messaging patch don't work for me...
    I needed to reinstall Preware after upgrading the Palm OS to 1.3.5, but my WebOS Quick Install is not working. I've done all the suggested troubleshooting tips in this thread, and I previously had WebOS Quick Install 2.9 working properly, but now it doesn't detect my Pre. I'm using the latest WebOS Quick Install 2.96. I did a reinstallation of Novacom. I confirmed that the Palm Novacom service is running. My Pre is in developer mode and with the "Charge Only" option selected. I've restarted my computer. WebOS Quick Install is configured to use the USB device and not the Emulator. Yet, I still get the errors about not finding a device. Any suggestions, other than what I've already done, are appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm007 View Post
    I needed to reinstall Preware after upgrading the Palm OS to 1.3.5, but my WebOS Quick Install is not working. I've done all the suggested troubleshooting tips in this thread, and I previously had WebOS Quick Install 2.9 working properly, but now it doesn't detect my Pre. I'm using the latest WebOS Quick Install 2.96. I did a reinstallation of Novacom. I confirmed that the Palm Novacom service is running. My Pre is in developer mode and with the "Charge Only" option selected. I've restarted my computer. WebOS Quick Install is configured to use the USB device and not the Emulator. Yet, I still get the errors about not finding a device. Any suggestions, other than what I've already done, are appreciated.
    I am having the exact same issue and it is very frustrating. In my drunken state last night I applied 1.3.5 without removing my Preware patches first but I WebOS Doctor'ed my phone this morning and ever since I keep getting "Device not found" by WebOS QuickInstall when I go to try and reinstall Preware...