Page 145 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4595135140141142143144145146147148149150155 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    I have no problem connecting my 1.3.5 pre to my Windows 7 machine, what I am seeing is that when I go to Device Management, all of the Applications installed are listed there, but when I switch the combo box to Patches, it doesn't show anything. Is is possible that 2.96 is looking in an old location for the patches location? Anyone else seeing this?

--Update - Just noticed that the patches are being displayed in the same list as the applications, so there must be some sorting that is no longer being done....
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arxb2 View Post
    May have been posted but....
    Had issue getting palm to connect after 1.3.5 update. After a lot of restarts (hard and soft for my phone and x64 vista PC), trying every USB port, re-downloading webOS Quick Install and reinstalling Novacom the only thing that worked was turning Developer Mode off rebooting the phone and turnning it back on and rebooting. Developer Mode was on at the time of update.

Hope this info is useful and keep up the great work!
    That plus when I shut the Pre all the way down I pulled the battery for like 10 seconds. That's what worked for me.
    Jason, do you have any idea how long before Palm releases the 1.3.5 doctor file.

I always 'doctor' my phone with the upgrades, it's just easier then removing all the patches and stuff.

I don't want to have to doctor to 1.3.1 and then do the upgrade, this time around I would like to doctor straight to 1.3.5.

If I remember from the last time, it took about a week before they posted the doctor file.

My phone downloaded the upgrade while I was away, and I just kept saying do not 'install'.

But on the way home from Pittsburgh (to New York City) while my phone was in the car mount, the vibration of the car made the phone answer the question to 'install' the upgrade.

I watched in horror as my phone was being upgraded while I had all the patches installed and there was nothing I could do.

Funny, my phone installed OK and even allowed me to make phone calls. Almost everything is working (haven't really tested things out just yet) except for Preware which I understand that I need to make sure I have the latest versions, which I thought I did.

I guess I'll just keep things as they are until the 1.3.5 doctor comes out.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    so idk if my phone is broken or if its the update
    QI recognizes my phone but every installation of apps cause a fail
    but patches install fine
    anybody else having this problem?
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    so idk if my phone is broken or if its the update
    QI recognizes my phone but every installation of apps cause a fail
    but patches install fine
    anybody else having this problem?
    Yes, I am having a similar problem. I'm about to just run webOS Doctor and start fresh though. Too darn frustrating.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm also not seeing any patches in the Device Mgmt Patches list, though I have many installed and working fine. Don't see them in the Application list either. Should we expect an update to Web OS Quick Install to fix this?

And to Jason Robitaille - Thank you SO much for your work on WOQI! Your app is what makes me proud of my Pre when I sit down with the iPhone army.

EDIT: Just downloaded newest WOQI and I DO see the patches mixed in with the Applications, as stated by previous post.
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Hey Jason, I was reading a post in the patch forum and thought about posting my response here as well. How about a suggestion for QI. Can you add some check boxes to allow us to hide any/all of the stock programs that are included on the Pre? I know there a handfull of patches already allowing to hide certain ones but as an example I don't need or want to see the clock, tasks, wi-fi, date&time, regional settings, help, location services, etc. For now I just create another launcher page and move all that crap to that page but would prefer less to look at. Just an idea. Thanks!
    Could anybody assist me I have been checking the forms, My webos quick install "install" button doesnt do anything when I plug my pre up to it to install an ipk file.

*Already Checked:
    -made sure pre was in dev mode
    -made sure novacom service is running
    -made sure selected "just charge"
    -made sure to download most current webos quick install

Not sure where to go rom here.
    Is the web doctor in the same directory?
    how do I check?
    how do I check?
    You need to have A WebOS Dr .jar file in the same folder as where you have WebOS QI. Just use your Windows file manager to see if it's there. NOTE: while you certainly should download the latest Sprint 1.3.5 WebOS DR, this isn't critical unless you're going to use WebOS QI to actually Doctor the phone.

One other thing you can do to see if QI is properly connecting to your Pre.... in QI, select the Tools menu and then select Device Management -- If you get a new window with information about your phone, then everything is fine communication-wise.

Regarding ipk installation... How are you getting the IPK into the install window? Are you downloading to your PC and then dragging the IPK to the install window... or are you using the Feeds button (bottom one of three on the right side) to navigate to an IPK package? Not 100% sure it's relevant, but wanted to make sure the IPK you are trying to install is showing up in that window.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    One other thing you can do to see if QI is properly connecting to your Pre.... in QI, select the Tools menu and then select Device Management -- If you get a new window with information about your phone, then everything is fine communication-wise.
    I'd just add that it may take a few seconds for the new window to appear, so try to be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    I'd just add that it may take a few seconds for the new window to appear, so try to be patient.
    Good call. I was thinking that while typing and forgot--- I've seen the Device Management screen take as long as 8-12 seconds I think. Also, I'm almost certain if QI can't communicate with the Pre during a Device Management call, it will error out.
    i just updated to the newest webos and none of my patches work and when i try to reinstall them i get an error message that they are already installed. what to do?
    Yeah ummmm i kinda need help... so i finally got preware onto y pre today and thats after the 1.3.5 update that just transpired... and when i go to open up the app on my phone it says " The package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, first try restarting preware, then try rebooting your pone and not launching preware until you have stable network connection available"

Well.. i did install it.. and i did launch it on a really good connection... please help lol i really wanna try this preware out and load cool themes and alll that fun stuff wih this cool APP.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Jason, do you have any idea how long before Palm releases the 1.3.5 doctor file.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...1-3-5-out.html
    when i click the themer button the window will show up and the following message :

ERROR mv: cannot rename '/var/usr/lib/web-os-quick-install/them.xml': no such file in directory

sometimes it will come up as temporarily unavailable instead of no such file, any ideas on what this means?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    my qi works but preware is not working anyone know why?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    nevermind got preware to work but anyone made a list of which patches work? My transformers theme is working and the notificatioin is automatically installed.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the vitural keyboard work?