Page 144 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4494134139140141142143144145146147148149154 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    I recently installed Windows 7 on my laptop and now I can't get WQI to run. When I start the application I get a command window that flashes on screen and exits. Here's the message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: C:\Users\milenkod/OVE
    RAA\Downloads\WebOSQuickInstall/jar
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: C:\Users\milenkod\Downloads\
    WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
    Could not find the main class: C:\Users\milenkod\Downloads\WebOSQuickInst

Does this make sense to anyone and can you help me out?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Connection refused: connect

That's the error I get when I get into Tweaks from Quick Install to un-patch before updating. When I try to open Preware, it says "OnFeeds Error TypeError:Cannot call method 'split' of undefined"

I want to update but can't!
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Can the computer recognize the Pre under normal USB mode (select USB and not just charge)?
    I have the same issue, running Windows XP 32 SP2. My phone is recognized using USB Drive connect. But WebOSQI is not able to see it. I have V 2.96, novacom is running, phone in dev mode, battery pulled, PC rebooted, etc.

Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Irish -- I had the same question a few weeks back in another thread (and only found the answer by digging into webos internals wiki site... Here you go.
    Thanks! I was hasty in posting as well... should practice what I preach, and do a search first!! or maybe RTFM, as I found alt keys under "Help" in the terminal app!! Been trying to figure out how to do the pipe command ( the '|' is Orange + . ) and found that as well...

Thanks again!
    Irish
    I can't get WOSQI to work with Wnidows 7. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by sydel85 View Post
    I can't get WOSQI to work with Wnidows 7. Any thoughts?
    cant either.. having some trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaccon View Post
    I'm throwing this out there because I'm at wit's end and can't fix the issue. Basically WebOSQuickInstall and WebOSDoctor don't recognize my device. I've read every post on Novacom and WebOSQuickinstaller troubleshooting; I've even downloaded ORCA to mod the novacom installer msi; nothing. Instead of retyping everything, here's a paste from the last person I talked to:

I do have WebOSQuickInstall and WebOSDoctor in the same folder. Both are the most recent versions. I have deleted novacom with RevoUninstaller and then reinstalled it. I've restarted both devices. After a fresh novacom install, I put the phone in Devmode and plug it in to any USB port and the computer makes 3 low tones like it doesn't recognize the device. In the device manager there is a yellow exclamation point over "Novacom device". WebOSQuickInstall and WebOSDoctor both say that no device is detected. Since I've had more members tell me that I posted my question on the wrong board than actually help me with my problem, I loaded the installer and the doctor onto another computer in the office and have no problems at all. I would assume that the phone is fine and the problem is located on my computer. Like I said, "I bet nobody can fix this" and so far I have been right.

Anyone think they have the answer?

-Mike MacConnell
    you need to right click on it and do an update. i had the same problem, i simply updated it and it works just fine.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I can't seem to get anything to install via the app catalog. Before running the update, I was getting Memory Full errors, but now I'm getting failed installs just as the download finishes, and the phone saying that it must restart to make changes.

Any clue as to what is going on? Can I backdate my phone with WebOS doctor, or what should I do?
    This is what I have done to try to get QuickInstall to work but still no luck

I have rebooted the computer rebooted the phone. turned Dev Mode on and off causing reset of the phone. I have also removed novacom drivers and removed quickinstall completely.

I have gone through the steps to reinstall quick install completely with novacom and still am unable to get it to work. I keep getting an error 11 device not connected. I also have tried installing the novacom that comes with the new 1.3.5 SDK ... any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by necrotek View Post
    I can't seem to get anything to install via the app catalog. Before running the update, I was getting Memory Full errors, but now I'm getting failed installs just as the download finishes, and the phone saying that it must restart to make changes.

Any clue as to what is going on? Can I backdate my phone with WebOS doctor, or what should I do?
    do a search for rwhitby's post on the Preware updates and information post 1.3.5. It'll explain what's going on and what you need to do.

Edit: See Post #2719
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Connection refused: connect

That's the error I get when I get into Tweaks from Quick Install to un-patch before updating. When I try to open Preware, it says "OnFeeds Error TypeError:Cannot call method 'split' of undefined"

I want to update but can't!
    I'm dealing with the same issue. Just attempted to uninstall Preware for a re-install. We'll see what that does.....I'm back - uninstalled Preware from the phone using Remove feature; was then to connect to WebOS Quick Install & clean up patches etc under Device Mngmnt; restarted Pre.
    Last edited by Slosh01; 12/29/2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: update to post
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlevi98 View Post
    After my upgrade to 1.3.5 i am getting this message when I run themes on WOSQI:
    Error: mv: cannot rename 'var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml' no such file or directory.

I did remove patches before updating, and I now have preware working (I deleted and reinstalled)

Where can I get the file I am missing and what is the command i need to put in the terminal to reinstall it?
    Does anyone have the answer for this problem?
    I can't seem to get WQI to recognize my Pre too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm running on Vista. I've re-install WQI, Novacom, rebooted, dev mode on but still no luck. help please
    how the hell you instal this ****..hhhheeeellllpppp!!!!!!
    Ok...I was looking everywhere for the WebOS Quick Install thread and see that once again it's been moved out of this forum into the Web OS Apps and Software forum.

So, what's up with that? Shouldn't it stay in this forum?

Edit: How about this solution? If you want it in both places, can't you keep the main thread in Canuck Software forums and then just sticky a link in the WebOS Apps and Software forum?

That way it can be in both places at the same time and cut down on the confusion.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Trekker; 12/29/2009 at 08:55 PM.
    ok boss! something else? lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    ok boss! something else? lmao
    Well it can be a bit frustrating when one day the thread is in one forum and the next day it's gone somewhere else. I don't understand the reasoning of moving it back and forth between forums.

Anything else you would like me to explain?
    well, you right so we dont have other way than read in every thread started !
    webOS QI just stopped working for me since the update, any ideas? it freezes up after selecting anything
    May have been posted but....
    Had issue getting palm to connect after 1.3.5 update. After a lot of restarts (hard and soft for my phone and x64 vista PC), trying every USB port, re-downloading webOS Quick Install and reinstalling Novacom the only thing that worked was turning Developer Mode off rebooting the phone and turnning it back on and rebooting. Developer Mode was on at the time of update.

Hope this info is useful and keep up the great work!