Page 143 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145146147148153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Where is it?
    The Emergency MIgration Helper is found in WebOS Quick Install in the same list as the Emergency Patch Recovery, Package Manager Service, Preware, etc. I just select "WebOS-Internals Feed (all)".
    I guess I'm having trouble finding the thread. I've received more direction on which thread to post in than how to fix my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    WebOS Internals has now released the Emergency Migration Helper (EMH) which causes homebrew apps to also be migrated by Palm's app migration functionality.

-- Rod
    After running the EMH, is there a way we can confirm homebrew apps migrated successfully?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Looking for some help

Uninstalled all patches, updated to 1.3.5 but now Quick Install isn't reading my device correctly when I click device managment. First tells me "Error 2, Connection Reset" then I get an "Error 11, Connection Refused: connect" and then it opens up. However, all device info doesn't show along with installed programs. Most of the time I get an endless loop of "Error 11"

I've already made sure I'm running Quick Install 2.96, and reinstalled webosdr. I've reset my computer, reset the phone, cables are good, device mode is on, and I can download apps from the app store. App feed works after the same messages, but apps won't actually download on phone. What I'm trying to do is reinstall preware and pkg manager, plus I'm trying to migrate homebrews as well.

Thanks

Update- for some crazy reason after waiting some 20 min it now works. I'm cool with that
    Last edited by Wahedi; 12/29/2009 at 09:11 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    As the 'Sym' key does not work in my terminal app, what key combination will give me the '>' key?
    Hey Irish -- I had the same question a few weeks back in another thread (and only found the answer by digging into webos internals wiki site... Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    How to you type the ">" symbol in terminal app? I see "Sym" in yellow highlight when I pre the sym key but don't know how to access symbols?

Also, in terminal is there a way to paste text from the clipboard? I can see putting this line into a note for easy reference and then pasting it into the terminal app command line.

Sorry I didn't search first in the terminal app thread. I'm sure my answers are there. My mom raised me better than this, but I was already in this thread and just wanted to get to an answer.

Edit: Searched WebOS-Internals for terminal app homepage and found the shortcut: shift-. = ">" symbol.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I updated the WebOS quick install 2.96 and now when I plug in my Pre, it doesn't recognize that its connected. Now what?
    I'm throwing this out there because I'm at wit's end and can't fix the issue. Basically WebOSQuickInstall and WebOSDoctor don't recognize my device. I've read every post on Novacom and WebOSQuickinstaller troubleshooting; I've even downloaded ORCA to mod the novacom installer msi; nothing. Instead of retyping everything, here's a paste from the last person I talked to:

I do have WebOSQuickInstall and WebOSDoctor in the same folder. Both are the most recent versions. I have deleted novacom with RevoUninstaller and then reinstalled it. I've restarted both devices. After a fresh novacom install, I put the phone in Devmode and plug it in to any USB port and the computer makes 3 low tones like it doesn't recognize the device. In the device manager there is a yellow exclamation point over "Novacom device". WebOSQuickInstall and WebOSDoctor both say that no device is detected. Since I've had more members tell me that I posted my question on the wrong board than actually help me with my problem, I loaded the installer and the doctor onto another computer in the office and have no problems at all. I would assume that the phone is fine and the problem is located on my computer. Like I said, "I bet nobody can fix this" and so far I have been right.

Anyone think they have the answer?

-Mike MacConnell
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaccon View Post
    I'm throwing this out there because I'm at wit's end and can't fix the issue. Basically WebOSQuickInstall and WebOSDoctor don't recognize my device. I've read every post on Novacom and WebOSQuickinstaller troubleshooting; I've even downloaded ORCA to mod the novacom installer msi; nothing. Instead of retyping everything, here's a paste from the last person I talked to:

I do have WebOSQuickInstall and WebOSDoctor in the same folder. Both are the most recent versions. I have deleted novacom with RevoUninstaller and then reinstalled it. I've restarted both devices. After a fresh novacom install, I put the phone in Devmode and plug it in to any USB port and the computer makes 3 low tones like it doesn't recognize the device. In the device manager there is a yellow exclamation point over "Novacom device". WebOSQuickInstall and WebOSDoctor both say that no device is detected. Since I've had more members tell me that I posted my question on the wrong board than actually help me with my problem, I loaded the installer and the doctor onto another computer in the office and have no problems at all. I would assume that the phone is fine and the problem is located on my computer. Like I said, "I bet nobody can fix this" and so far I have been right.

Anyone think they have the answer?

-Mike MacConnell
    Definitely need information about what computer you are running or a link to where you posted this. Without this, it will be a shot in the dark. Include operating system information, 32 or 64 bit, and any other information that you can give.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    After running the EMH, is there a way we can confirm homebrew apps migrated successfully?
    After installing the Emergency Migration Helper, you'll need to restart the Pre (Option-Symbol-R). You'll then need to wait through another "Updating the system" message where WebOS migrates your homebrew apps to the new location. On my Pre that took about 10 minutes.

Once you run the Emergency Migration Helper and reboot, both WebOSQuickInstall and Preware should see your previously installed Homebrew apps again.
    Windows XP 32 bit service pack 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaccon View Post
    Windows XP 32 bit service pack 3
    Can the computer recognize the Pre under normal USB mode (select USB and not just charge)?
    Sounds like your USB enumeration keys are corrupt in the registry. it can happen with just about any USB device. In fact, it happened on my PC with my Pre also. I'm going to give you the watered down version, as it sounds as if you kinda know what you're up to. Let me know if you need more detail.

Go to HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/enum/USB directory in the registry. Inside that you will find a bunch of VID_xxxxx keys. if you expand each VID one by one and click on the first key under each item you can look at the 'class' keys to find out to which device the entire VID_xxxx folder belongs to. You basically want to delete the entire root VID folder for each one that has 'palm devices' in it. Make sure your pre is not plugged in.

After wasting all those VID files (you backed them up first, right?) try plugging in the pre. It will go through all the found new hardware and re-enumerate the device hopefully, you will be back in business. If not, you may have to do the last ditch option of deleting all of the USB root hub and USB host controller items from device manager(make sure you have PS2 keyboard/mouse before trying that one). That is what finally fixed my PC to see my Pre again.

Hope this makes sense...
    I can't see the ipkg repository viewer in WebOS Quick installer. I'm not a developer, and new at this. I installed WebOS Quick Installer as preware isn't working. I'm not sure what to do, can someone direct me to what to do next?

Edit: I found it! Thanks!
    Last edited by jmpbell; 12/29/2009 at 09:21 AM.
    I have had this problem myself.
    In WebOS Doctor when you get to the part that says "Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable"
    Sometimes the next button doesn't light up.
    Try the following:
    Remove and reinsert your phone’s battery.
    Press and hold volume up and connect the USB cable to your phone.
    Release the volume button when the large USB icon appears.
    Connect your phone to your computer. The Next button should illuminate.
    Hopefully someone can help...or possibly I found a bug with WOSGI.

After upgrading to WebOSv1.3.5 I wanted to add a new theme. I installed it but I didn't like how it looked on the phone. Proceeded to kicked off QI>Themer and now it says I'm still using the default theme. The "Revert to Default" button is grayed out.

*Note
    I ran WebOSDoctor before upgrading so I didn't have any hacks/patches/user theme on my phone. It's clean.
    Last edited by duncdamonk; 12/29/2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Added *Note
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    For those of you behind enterprisey corporate proxy firewalls that supposedly "increase shareholder value" or whatever the hell reason it is IT people install them, you can edit this file:

c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\net.properties (actual pathname may vary)

in order to successfully Defeat The Man and use webOSQI. This is a global JVM configuration file; other Java apps that use the network will now work as well.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    So again I can't use quick install because that third button on the right just doesn't work for me. I deleted it and reinstalled it. The button just won't work for me -- and hasn't for months. That's why I've been using preware. But now I can't get preware installed on my phone without quick install? Isn't there any other way to get preware? Everything else works on QI but that one button.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Try this, it is what helped me, download and place in the same folder as the webOS Quick Install a current webOS Doctor from Palm's site, then run webOS Quick Install again.
    One you can try to do is get the preware ipk file and then place it in a directory in the same directory that WOSQI is run from called Install. When you launch WOSQI, you should now see Preware in the list box and then you can try and install it.
    Not sure why this is happening but the latest version of WOSQI is not allowing me to select any other device to connect to except "emulator". It's not even a drop down box anymore. The previous version I had worked fine with my Pre, never had any issues. Novacom is properly installed and my Pre is recognized as a Novacom device when I connect it to the machine..

Any ideas?

Running winxp sp3.

UPDATE : I found that if I press the down arrow key while the word "emulator" is highlighted, it changes to "USB Device", but the selection does not stick. Once the options dialog is closed, it reverts back to "emulator".
    Last edited by themirthfulswami; 12/29/2009 at 12:40 PM.