Page 142 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #2821  
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    yeah i have restarted... twice.
    same thing
    strange. I should be of more use once my device actually finishes the upgrade. All I can say is I've been using 1.3.5 early access version for a while now with WOSQI 2.96
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    Make sure your phone is in dev mode.
    Thanks, I did and is still giving me the same msg.
    Can you run EPR using WebOSQI, after upgrading? I installed a couple of patches that don't seem to be showing up in Preware or WebOSQI, and I thought about just EPR'ing and starting over.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    no I didn't delete all the patches...I know I had to to when upgrading to webos 1.3.1 but am I supposed to when upgrading quick install? I kept the older version just in cse like you said so if I have to I can.
    You need to have all your tweaks or patches installed with the same QI. Otherwise you won't know which one to use to remove them prior to updates.

Today we got 1.3.5 and you won't want to have to go back and forth between QI versions before you install. Now with the new EPR, it may not matter, but better safe than sorry unless Jason advises otherwise.
  5.    #2825  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Can you run EPR using WebOSQI, after upgrading? I installed a couple of patches that don't seem to be showing up in Preware or WebOSQI, and I thought about just EPR'ing and starting over.
    EPR needs to be done prior to upgrading.

To those with Device Management issues of it not showing apps:

It appears that Palm's app migration only works on App Catalog apps. So to get them to appear correctly, you'll need to uninstall the homebrew apps from the webOS launcher then reinstall.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    To those with Device Management issues of it not showing apps:

It appears that Palm's app migration only works on App Catalog apps. So to get them to appear correctly, you'll need to uninstall the homebrew apps from the webOS launcher then reinstall.
    This doesnt help...I can't get webOS QI to recognize ANY applications, including Preware. How do I uninstall Package Mgr and Preware if I can't get webOS to recognize that it's installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    ipkg -o /var list_installed > /media/internal/textfilname would plunk the output to a text file for you would it not?

As the 'Sym' key does not work in my terminal app, what key combination will give me the '>' key?
    Irish
  8.    #2828  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    This doesnt help...I can't get webOS QI to recognize ANY applications, including Preware. How do I uninstall Package Mgr and Preware if I can't get webOS to recognize that it's installed?
    use the webOS launcher to remove apps. For services and plugins, I am unsure. You try installing on top of existing for those. Or do what I'm doing, webOSDoctor to v1.3.1 then upgrade clean to 1.3.5

use the webOS launcher to remove apps. For services and plugins, I am unsure. You try installing on top of existing for those. Or do what I'm doing, webOSDoctor to v1.3.1 then upgrade clean to 1.3.5
    Actually, found a solution here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2110975 to just use Terminal / MVAPP and type in "mvapp upw" to update Package Mgr and Preware! That worked for me
    can some one help me i have windows 7 now i had windows XP before but now i keep getting a message telling me to connect my device and its connected on just charge mode idk whats going on help ME please
    I had the same problem where I couldn't see any installed apps in WebOS QI and I just installed Preware and Package Manager Service. In doing so, it needed to install the Diffstat and GNU patches as well. I think that those two patches are needed for WQI to work correctly because I had no problems after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    yeah how do we uninstall that with out preware or webosqi?

thanks
    jason, I know its not the best place, but my flashlight and service does not seem to be working...does that make sense or did I goof the install?
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    well i just upgraded to windows 7!

Downloaded woqi started it and installed the novacom driver for x64 (had to extract that from webos doctor) file name is novacominstaller_x64.msi its in the resources folder...

I used total commander to do this... You can get it here total commander - home

i then installed the ethernet gadget drive for usb modem... In some cases wosqi will not see the pre unless this is installed...

(don't know why but it wont maybe jason can shed some light on that one.. Its nothing to do with wosqi but some times windows will cause this if not all the drivers are installed)

the driver you need to install is (remote nids based internet sharing device)

instructions can be found in the my tether thread or by looking at some older posts i have made...

All worked ok for me and it only took me about 3 min to get it up and working...

can you people talk in lamens terms????????????????????? Not everybody is a genius, wth is a tether thread??????? You don't have to sound smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by doubtmenow9987 View Post
    can you people talk in lamens terms????????????????????? Not everybody is a genius, wth is a tether thread??????? You don't have to sound smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Perhaps some more question and exclamation marks will convince us.
    Preware and webOS 1.3.5 status: http://bit.ly/preware-135-status

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Yes, ran EPR
    when I used EPR with WOSQI it did not do the complete job -some patches (three or four) weren't removed. Then I installed installed preware and ran EPR from there -that worked for the leftover patches.
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    WebOS Internals has now released the Emergency Migration Helper (EMH) which causes homebrew apps to also be migrated by Palm's app migration functionality.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    WebOS Internals has now released the Emergency Migration Helper (EMH) which causes homebrew apps to also be migrated by Palm's app migration functionality.

-- Rod
    Where is it?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    After my upgrade to 1.3.5 i am getting this message when I run themes on WOSQI:
    Error: mv: cannot rename 'var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml' no such file or directory.

I did remove patches before updating, and I now have preware working (I deleted and reinstalled)

Where can I get the file I am missing and what is the command i need to put in the terminal to reinstall it?