Page 141 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4191131136137138139140141142143144145146151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I can't get this to work. I have updated my Java and downloaded Web Os Doctor. The software opens but when I click on, tools>tweaks, nothing happens.
    Two things: Are you in Developer Mode on your phone, and is your phone set to Charge Only when you plug in to the computer?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Before you upgraded, did you undo all of your patches and tweaks with the old version? BTW, It's okay to have both versions until you're sure it's going to work for you. I usually slide the old version into an unused icon folder, until I'm sure. You just have to make sure that the version you're using and the doctor are in the same folder. It also wouldn't hurt to make sure you're using the most current Java.
    no I didn't delete all the patches...I know I had to to when upgrading to webos 1.3.1 but am I supposed to when upgrading quick install? I kept the older version just in cse like you said so if I have to I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by poppeye View Post
    i just added the iphone user agent spoof, and now my google is all in chinese characters....

any ideas?

well, i'm back to english, but any idea why it might have done that?

Every single phone i have had does that from time to time its annoying as hell its done it on my win-mo phone my crack berry and also my pre and htc hero rebooting the device always seems to bring it back or just click the English link and that seems to solve it for a long time
    I have followed the instructions for installing the Web OS Quick Install. I have been able to install it on my MacBook. The problem is that there is no yellow-colored arrow box. The arrow is blue and it will not recognize that my Pre is connected to my computer. I have followed the instructions for putting my Pre in Developer mode. The problem is: when I set my Pre to developer mode, and then connect it to my computer, the expected options such as "Just charge," "USB connection" and "Media Sync" do not appear when I connect my Pre to my computer. But then, when I turn off the developer mode and connect my Pre using "Just charge," the Web OS Quick Install does not recognize that my Pre is connected. What do I need to do to fix this?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hi!
    I'm a Pre lover and Linux head.
    Actually, I chose the pre because I love linux.

I cant get the required palm-novacom package to successfully install; it always exits with an error (error 1) using a debian .deb package.

Should I just use one of those wretched (dirty) windows computers for this part?
    i've downloaded webos quickinstall but its not giving the option for novacom or anything else
    I just tried to remove the two tweaks I have for the upcoming 1.3.5 update and the battery % header tweak will not uninstall.

I had the battery tweak and the no rounded edges tweak installed. When I loaded up WebOS Quick Install, only the no rounded edges tweak was checked, so I unchecked it and it successfully removed the tweak. But the battery % header tweak was not checked, so I tried checking it to see if it would check so I could then uncheck it, and I got this error:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...ie44/error.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove this tweak? I tried running the EPR but it gave an error saying that no patches were installed. Thanks for any help with this.
    Is there away to disable the auto software update on the Pre? Which allow you the perform the software update manually?
    So when are we going to get the Quick Install compatible with 1.3.5? Its been out for almost an hour now... this is ridiculous
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Every single phone i have had does that from time to time its annoying as hell its done it on my win-mo phone my crack berry and also my pre and htc hero rebooting the device always seems to bring it back or just click the English link and that seems to solve it for a long time
    This happened to me but mine was in French. I rebooted and it was still in French, and seeing as I don't know enough French to figure out what to click on to make it English I cleared the cookies from the browser and that did the trick.

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    So when are we going to get the Quick Install compatible with 1.3.5? Its been out for almost an hour now... this is ridiculous
    It is compatible NOW, at least so far. I installed the battery% icon and landscape messaging so far and after a reboot they showed up.

my screen never flashed when i installed them so I thought it might be broken, but its working for me.
  13.    #2813  
    Just wanna confirm, WebOS Quick Install v2.95+ is FULLY compatible with 1.3.5
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    after updating to 1.3.5 to get preware to work you have to uninstall the re install. but when i go to, the latest version of webosQI..

i can't see anything
    thank you
    I'm having issues with WebOS Quick Install, actually.

Errors every few patches and the boxes keep getting unchecked.
  16.    #2816  
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    after updating to 1.3.5 to get preware to work you have to uninstall the re install. but when i go to, the latest version of webosQI..
    Palm does an app migration. Chances are it hasn't migrated apps yet. Try a device restart and that should start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'm having issues with WebOS Quick Install, actually.

Errors every few patches and the boxes keep getting unchecked.
    Didn't remove patches prior to update?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    yeah i have restarted... twice.
    same thing
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Jason:

I need some help. I installed the compatible version of quickinstall and when I connect my Pre, this is the message I keep getting:

"Please connect your device then press "okay""

I have rebooted both my phone and computer and I keep getting the same message. It doesnt find my phone.

HELP PLEASE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyckr View Post
    Jason:

I need some help. I installed the compatible version of quickinstall and when I connect my Pre, this is the message I keep getting:

"Please connect your device then press "okay""

I have rebooted both my phone and computer and I keep getting the same message. It doesnt find my phone.

HELP PLEASE!!!
    Make sure your phone is in dev mode.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Didn't remove patches prior to update?
    Yes, ran EPR