Page 139 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3989129134135136137138139140141142143144149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #2761  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hey Jason did you ever get your pre? how you like it?
    he got his pre from a very generous person (2sslow)
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  2. #2762  
    I downloaded it but i always get a Error: No Device found but im sure my pre is connected. I need help.
  3. eduardmc's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #2763  
    ok, what can a guy do that cannot run WEBOS QUICKINSTALL. i have tried all the methods mention, i do have windows 7 install but i have try it with 2 different machines, windows vista 32bit, and windows xp (did a partition to the my system only to use webos quickinstall) no luck what so ever. the funny thing is that at first it did work in windows 7 and i installed preware, about ever since 2 month it has not work in windows 7, vista, xp. nothing. i always get the message "error device not connected" not matter what i do. please help,
  4. #2764  
    Hi guys. I have a problem loading Novacom onto my computer which i assume has nothing to do with the phone, but im not sure. After i download webos quickinstall I do the reinstall novacom and it stalls on the quick download boxes that pop up (the second box to be specific). I did the Orca tweak. Still got the same thing when i downloaded ran the NovacomInstaller_x86.msi and the _x84 version. I've also tried restarting both the phone and the computer. I have also tried windows restore to a point before i started the whole process. ANDDD i've wiped my phone to manufacturer settings (Palm Profile is so awesome). I have the proper java.

    I have done everything in the troubleshooting section.

    Currently running windows XP. Java 1.6

    If there has already been a solution to my problem can you redirect me to the it please? I have no hair left to pull out.
  5. #2765  
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
    ok, what can a guy do that cannot run WEBOS QUICKINSTALL. i have tried all the methods mention, i do have windows 7 install but i have try it with 2 different machines, windows vista 32bit, and windows xp (did a partition to the my system only to use webos quickinstall) no luck what so ever. the funny thing is that at first it did work in windows 7 and i installed preware, about ever since 2 month it has not work in windows 7, vista, xp. nothing. i always get the message "error device not connected" not matter what i do. please help,

    Your Pre is in dev mode, correct?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6. eduardmc's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #2766  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Your Pre is in dev mode, correct?
    Yeah, but i still cannot get it to work with any version, this is driving me crazy lol.
  7. #2767  
    How come the "Change Launcher Opacity" patch doesn't make the launcher fully transparent?
  8. #2768  
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
    ok, what can a guy do that cannot run WEBOS QUICKINSTALL. i have tried all the methods mention, i do have windows 7 install but i have try it with 2 different machines, windows vista 32bit, and windows xp (did a partition to the my system only to use webos quickinstall) no luck what so ever. the funny thing is that at first it did work in windows 7 and i installed preware, about ever since 2 month it has not work in windows 7, vista, xp. nothing. i always get the message "error device not connected" not matter what i do. please help,
    Are you following the steps exactly? Would you go back thrgouh them from the beginning?

    Are you getting these exact screens from the instructions?

    Where exactly does it not work?

    Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install

    - Craig
  9. skirkster's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #2769  
    Real quick: I would suggest (for speed's sake) to change, in the original post, the method for entering Dev mode from the Konami code (leftright etc.) to "webos20090606" which works exactly the same, and takes quite a lot less time.
  10. #2770  
    Hi guys. My Novacom install seems to freeze on me. This happens after the webos quick instal program and the doctor program have been downloaded. I have tried all the techniques on the troubleshooting section of this site. Including the Orca code delete. What i did notice though, when doing orca is that the line of the code to delete has xp at the end of the first set o characters.

    My phone is in dev mode but this has nothing to do with the phone. I need Novacom on my computer at this point and the download freezes. Then when i plug my phone in, I notice that in device manager from "my computer" there is a yellow question mark for an unknown novacom device. So i believe it is the drivers that are not loading properly.

    Im on windows XP. Any ideas?
    Last edited by MrNolan; 12/21/2009 at 12:11 AM.
  11. #2771  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    Hi guys. My Novacom install seems to freeze on me. This happens after the webos quick instal program and the doctor program have been downloaded. I have tried all the techniques on the troubleshooting section of this site. Including the Orca code delete. What i did notice though, when doing orca is that the line of the code to delete has xp at the end of the first set o characters.

    My phone is in dev mode but this has nothing to do with the phone. I need Novacom on my computer at this point and the download freezes. Then when i plug my phone in, I notice that in device manager from "my computer" there is a yellow question mark for an unknown novacom device. So i believe it is the drivers that are not loading properly.

    Im on windows XP. Any ideas?
    novacom never installs on my pc (winxp) but i got webos QI ,webdoctor and any other program thats webos related to work. i really dont think its necessary. ive never downloaded drivers for novacom i still have the yellow exclamation next to it in device manager when i plug it via usb but just cancel the installation. why do u want it installed?
  12. #2772  
    Quote Originally Posted by skirkster View Post
    Real quick: I would suggest (for speed's sake) to change, in the original post, the method for entering Dev mode from the Konami code (leftright etc.) to "webos20090606" which works exactly the same, and takes quite a lot less time.
    Skirkster,

    Check out the Installation Guide link right at the top of the opening post.

    If you follow those instructions, it does say to type "webos20090606" and tells the Konami code as well. There is now a screenshot for every step as well.

    Maybe you are seeing the Konami later in the opening post in the Requirements section?

    - Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/21/2009 at 09:23 AM.
  13. #2773  
    Because webos quickinstall does not recognize my phone is connected so i figured its cause the novacom isn't fully installed.
  14. #2774  
    hey guys, im trying to install some patches but everytime I click tools-tweaks, nothing comes up. am i missing something here? it worked the other day.
  15. #2775  
    ok so I deleted the Webos and reinstalled and I was able to add tweaks. I installed the iphone spoof and then Webos started saying that my device isnt connected. Now when I attach the usb cable, I dont get the "just charge etc." options. How do I fix this?
  16. #2776  
    This thing is too buggy man, i bet rooting the phone would be easier to do than troubleshoot this thing for every possible senario.
  17. #2777  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    This thing is too buggy man, i bet rooting the phone would be easier to do than troubleshoot this thing for every possible senario.
    at the risk of sounding stupid....how do I do that? Will it affect everything I've downloaded or any info on the phone? I'm new to all this so no clue.
  18. #2778  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    This thing is too buggy man, i bet rooting the phone would be easier to do than troubleshoot this thing for every possible senario.
    check this:do you have palm sdk mojo installed? make sure webosdoctor is in the same folder as webosQI. get in devmode (webos20090606 on device) btw palm sdk should install novacomd. get it from palms website
  19. #2779  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    This thing is too buggy man, i bet rooting the phone would be easier to do than troubleshoot this thing for every possible senario.
    have fun...I've been using webOS quick install for the longest and it has no glitches...don't know what you're doing...
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  20. #2780  
    go to start hit run and type cmd hit enter you will get a command prompt then follow these lines one at a time and follow the on screen intructions

    cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    novacom -t open tty://

    ==================================================================================================== =================

    cd /tmp
    wget http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...e-bootstrap.sh
    sh optware-bootstrap.sh
    source /etc/profile.d/optware

    ==================================================================================================== ================

    cd /tmp
    wget http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...t-bootstrap.sh
    sh quilt-bootstrap.sh

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions