Page 138 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Thank you for your hard work.
    Ok, so I did the whole spoof thing and now I'm stuck at the boot screen
    1. Took out battery
    2. Plugged in USB
    3. Help volume up and put battery in and got USB symbol
    4. Now when I try to load Repair it never loads it
    5. If I unplug my phone Repair loads. If I plug my phone back in and try and either restore file stated above or do anything it just hangs up on Loading Doctor.

It's seeing that there is a phone plugged in but just hangs up trying to "access" it. Am I missing something here?

UPDATE: Running Doctor...*sigh* Hope that works....
    Last edited by Landon1983; 12/17/2009 at 12:46 PM.
    Does anyone know how to find the "WebOSDoctor recovery rom" for Movistar carrier? I feel like I can't do anything without that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonni View Post
    Does anyone know how to find the "WebOSDoctor recovery rom" for Movistar carrier? I feel like I can't do anything without that...
    I've found the following link to download WebOSDoctor for Movistar: Palm - Descargar - webOS Doctor - Movistar (España)

I've installed it and I've seen that when I run the program it opens a file called 7e38701b-18fa939a. I've opened it and it's a xml code where I can see a direction with the same location as the O2 Germany, UK and Ireland versions. Does it mean it's the same file?
    Ok Now I have the Java i need for this to work... Thanks to this --> How to force reinstall Java on Mac OS X « Kunal Dua.. My Java is now SE 6 on my Mac G5 PPC with OS X 10.4.11...

Now that i got the WebOS Quick Install.. installed, i never get the option for "Novacom".. i tried going to... file/options and attempt Novacom, but nothing happenes... Helpppppppppp~!
  6.    #2746  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonni View Post
    I've found the following link to download WebOSDoctor for Movistar: Palm - Descargar - webOS Doctor - Movistar (España)

I've installed it and I've seen that when I run the program it opens a file called 7e38701b-18fa939a. I've opened it and it's a xml code where I can see a direction with the same location as the O2 Germany, UK and Ireland versions. Does it mean it's the same file?
    yep, it the same GSM European direct download link: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/17/2009 at 02:49 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please do, and update the wiki page.

Both Jason and I rely on users such as yourself providing these links so that programs such as WebOS Repair Utility and Meta-Doctor can be updated to support that version.

-- Rod
    Hello,

I have updated the WiKi to reflect a new link for webOS Doctor for Palm Pre Telcel GSM (Mexico).

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/..._GSM.2C_Mexico

Best regards,
    RayanMX
  8.    #2748  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayan View Post
    Hello,

I have updated the WiKi to reflect a new link for webOS Doctor for Palm Pre Telcel GSM (Mexico).

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Best regards,
    RayanMX
    sweet, ty. Hmm, interestingly, it appears as if that webOSDoctor has Telcel branding rather than generic North American GSM. I'll update my apps with this new info soon, ty again
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    sweet, ty. Hmm, interestingly, it appears as if that webOSDoctor has Telcel branding rather than generic North American GSM. I'll update my apps with this new info soon, ty again
    This version is not branded, I don't see any branding whatsoever. Maybe it has network optimizations built-in, but Telcel is 100% compatible with AT&T's netwok.

Cheers!
    Rayan
    So i read a while ago that you were looking into integrating a backup solution into WebOS Quick Install, any news on when this will be done?
    I know that im just talking to my self in here... "haha seems to help" but im so close "i think" to have'n this working on my Pixi...

All i need is Novacom. Because for some reason it will not download after the WebOS Quick Install.... I have read so many threads and so many posts that my HEAD hurts.. "No really it does" Is there a way to just download it separately, and see if i can get it to work that way....
    Anyone... please....
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Been running the WebOS Quick Install installation (and WebOS Doctor download) for over an hour. Hasn't even gotten to the step asking me about connecting through USB...

Uggh. My laptop is no slouch either...

HDD light has been pegged pretty much the entire time...

Device: Palm Pre
    No reference to this in the troubleshooting guide.

I'll try downloading and installing again.
    Last edited by rpiatt; 12/18/2009 at 03:26 PM.
    Jason,

Any chance of adding a feature like this?

Export txt file (and/or print) that lists all homebrew apps and patches installed?

That way, after an OS upgrade (like the imminent v1.3.5), we can know which apps patches to add back in to get us back to where we were happy.

I can also see other reasons people would want to keep an inventory of what they've loaded on their phones.

Whadaya think? Seems like WebOS Quick Install would be a good place to put that feature since it already knows. Maybe in the "Device Management" section where all that is already listed? Maybe an "Export List" button? Maybe also include the "Device Info" information that's already on that page?

Wouldn't this be easy to do since you're already collecting that information?

Just askin'
    i stayed up all day til 7 am kouldn't get nothin to work I finaly got it and im so excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Jason,

Export txt file (and/or print) that lists all homebrew apps and patches installed?

That way, after an OS upgrade (like the imminent v1.3.5), we can know which apps patches to add back in to get us back to where we were happy.

I can also see other reasons people would want to keep an inventory of what they've loaded on their phones.

Whadaya think? Seems like WebOS Quick Install would be a good place to put that feature since it already knows. Maybe in the "Device Management" section where all that is already listed? Maybe an "Export List" button? Maybe also include the "Device Info" information that's already on that page?

Just askin'
    I myself was typing in a list for the upgrade, but it was a lot of work, I was wondering the same thing.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Jason,

Just askin'
    ipkg -o /var list_installed

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC
    Jason,

Just askin'
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    ipkg -o /var list_installed

-- Rod
    Thanks. Not quite the same as having it saved for me to a txt file on the USB drive, but easy enough to make it work and work pretty well.

Much appreciated.

Knox
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I myself was typing in a list for the upgrade, but it was a lot of work, I was wondering the same thing.

Rob
    If Jason gave you that feature then there'd be nothing left for him to work on. He'd end up living in a cardboard box if he goes down that route... DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT!?!?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ipkg -o /var list_installed > /media/internal/textfilname would plunk the output to a text file for you would it not?
    Hey Jason did you ever get your pre? how you like it?