Page 134 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3484124129130131132133134135136137138139144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Looks like still no dice. I get the palm logo, but no pulsing glow, no boot image from my theme or otherwise and it just sits there... What the heck did I do? Been a long day... Guess I just go phoneless tomorrow until I can mess with it late tomorrow night. Grrrrrrrr. Ah well.
    I will be on a little while longer if you have any ideas... Thank you anyway.
    OK... I'll expect a Thanks! for this.

Take the battery out. Hold the Volume Up button and KEEP holding it. Put the battery back in. Hold the Vol Up button some more and you should eventually see a huge USB icon.

If you see that, you're ready to Doctor your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I will be on a little while longer if you have any ideas... Thank you anyway.
    Put it on the charger and let is sit with the palm logo while you sleep. Sounds like it just went full re Tard for a while. LOL .. let it sit and maybe it will cycle through whatever funk that is causing the continuous loop cycle.

Please post back , what ever you do and the effect on the device.
    I had read that volume button thing but had forgotten and didnt feel like searching the forums... You dont think that leaving it on charger all night is dangerous when it's stuck like that? I have it on the charger now cause the battery ran down while Ive been trying to connect it. the thing is hot , booting drains alot of juice I think...
    I had read that volume button thing but had forgotten and didnt feel like searching the forums... You dont think that leaving it on charger all night is dangerous when it's stuck like that? I have it on the charger now cause the battery ran down while Ive been trying to connect it. the thing is hot , booting drains alot of juice I think...
    Cant see it hurting anything, mine gets hot pulling email.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Landscape mode refuses to be uninstalled. I put the pre in dev mode, connect the Pre to my pc, deselect the check box for landscape mode in webos quick install, click on restart Luna and landscape mode in messaging is still working on my Pre. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Hi guys, I've heard your pleas, so here's v2.96

- Added iPhone user agent spoof
    - Better handling of html in patch descriptions
    - New Ipkg Feed Viewer button icon
    - Added usage warning to EPR button
    - Improved mouse selection handling in Online Repository tab in Tweaks

I believe the the theme issue was solved a long while ago. At least, I'm pretty sure PreThemer updated it. And I know WeboS Theme Builder creates compatible zips
    Thank you!

I also love having iPhone Spoof back!

And the mouse is dead on in the Online Repository tab in Tweaks.

Thank you!

For anyone who has not donated, or only once, you can donate in the opening post of this thread.

- Craig
    Well I just upgraded to windows 7!

Downloaded WOQI started it and installed the Novacom Driver for X64 (had to extract that from webOS doctor) file name is NovacomInstaller_x64.msi its in the resources folder...

I used total commander to do this... You can get it here Total Commander - home

I then installed the Ethernet gadget drive for USB modem... in some cases WOSQI will not see the Pre unless this is installed...

(don't know why but it wont maybe Jason can shed some light on that one.. Its nothing to do with WOSQI but some times windows will cause this if not all the drivers are installed)

The Driver you need to install is (Remote NIDS based internet sharing device)

Instructions can be found in the my tether thread or by looking at some older posts i have made...

All worked ok for me and it only took me about 3 min to get it up and working...
    Also just wanted to say Thanks Jason for all your hard work... YOU DA MAN...
  11.    #2671  
    I downloaded the new wosqi. I decided to mess with the change boot screen b/c I dont like the one on my theme. I installed the Iphone spoof, got an error (dont remember what) then I uninstalled it, the phone rebooted and now is stuck on the palm boot screen forever. I cant connect to quick install again or even repair utility or the doctor. I would doctor my phone just so I could go to sleep and know that Ill have a working phone tomorrow,,, any suggestions? I dont have time to mess with my phone all night...
    Go download WebOS Repair Utlity. In it, go Tools->Restore Specific File and enter: /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so

That should fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by mbendik View Post
    Landscape mode refuses to be uninstalled. I put the pre in dev mode, connect the Pre to my pc, deselect the check box for landscape mode in webos quick install, click on restart Luna and landscape mode in messaging is still working on my Pre. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks.
    In WOSQI, try checking Tools->Device Management. There, change the dropdown box from Applications to Patches and see if the landscape patch is listed as installed there
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thread closed.

Please use the new the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) thread.

- Craig
    Jason,

I am just finishing updating Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install for the latest updates.

Nice job!

The WOSQI Help → About link to upgrade the software goes to a page on canuck-software that has the download for 2.03.

Maybe just link to this thread since this is what you keep updated?

- Craig
  14.    #2674  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Jason,

I am just finishing updating Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install for the latest updates.

Nice job!

The WOSQI Help → About link to upgrade the software goes to a page on canuck-software that has the download for 2.03.

Maybe just link to this thread since this is what you keep updated?

- Craig
    yea, I need to update my website, lol
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    [QUOTE=Jason Robitaille;2084278]Go download WebOS Repair Utlity. In it, go Tools->Restore Specific File and enter: /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so

That should fix things.

Same problem. Tried, got file not found in webosdoctor. Help, Don;t understand linux, should there be any other characters in the code.
    Laissez Faire
    [QUOTE=prubin;2085118]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Go download WebOS Repair Utlity. In it, go Tools->Restore Specific File and enter: /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so

That should fix things.

Same problem. Tried, got file not found in webosdoctor. Help, Don;t understand linux, should there be any other characters in the code.
    Sorry. missed a capital letter. Now seems to be working.
    Laissez Faire
    I got itconnected when I got home from work, with the volume up trick, running repair right now to get rid of all patches. I was paranoid if i didnt get rid of the problem, the next time I restarted I would be stuck again. I did all of this before I saw your post or I wouldve tried your suggestion, but at least I didnt have to doctor. I havent seen my phone up and running yet but im hoping this will work... I appreciate everything youve done Jason.
    I ran the repair utility w/ compatibility override thinking that should dothe trick, removing all my patches... I dont think it did though. I restored the file you specified and now I seem to be good to go (just need to replace my patches). Can you explain what happened? Glad to have a phone back, it really messed me up to be without it today. Alot of people need to be able to reach me when necessary... Thanx again Jason and Precentral.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Using Win 7, I have had complete success using Quick Install. Until a few days ago.

When clicking the Online Repository button, nothing ever, ever happens.

- Tried a new directory, with new WebOS Doctor
    - Uninstall/reinstall Java
    - Reinstall Novacom
    - Upgraded to v2.95, then again to 2.96

Still nothing. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin
    I am downloading webos and then webdoctor and after I select my carrier it downloads about 60% and Errors. I selected USB like the site said and it stops. It doesn't go and install Novacomd. How do I get it to keep going? Am I doing something wrong?
    MEL
    PS I tried to post this before so if you see it twice...sorry. New to Forums.