Page 133 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #2641  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatmann View Post
    Wow didn't even know they updated QI so many times again, Im still on Qi 2.7 lol.
    Just bought new computer, getting ready to install 2.95 do i need to delete my tweats i took from 2.7 before i hook the pre to the new computer with the 2.95 installed?
    What about my preware patches? 1000 Thanks to anyone that can help...
    Not required, though would definitely help. Actually, using the EPR button should be able to remove all patches at once, if that helps.

As of the current WOSQI, it's completely in-sync with Preware. For example, if you have Add/Remove Pages in Launcher patch installed in preware, it'll show as checked in WOSQI, and vise-versa

My recommendation is use both. They both have their advantages and each work well together.

PS: maybe a mod could move this to Canuck Software forums plz
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Hi guys, I've heard your pleas, so here's v2.96

Download

v2.96 - December 7, 09
    - Added iPhone user agent spoof
    - Better handling of html in patch descriptions
    - New Ipkg Feed Viewer button icon
    - Added usage warning to EPR button
    - Improved mouse selection handling in Online Repository tab in Tweaks

I've also updated the screenshots on post 1

I believe the the theme issue was solved a long while ago. At least, I'm pretty sure PreThemer updated it. And I know WeboS Theme Builder creates compatible zips
    Don't know if this is a bug or not, but I downloaded the updated WOSQI jar, and downloaded the webosdoctor from original post, and when WOSQI started, it set it detected the webosdoctor and was setup and to re-start the WOSQI, but when I did the WebOSDoctor was gone. Seemed that WOSQI deleted it. Now downloading WebOSDoctor through WOSQI.
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

Pre Drop Count: 1
    Current Damage: None

Accessories:
    - BSE Front Skin (meh, could be better)
  3.    #2643  
    Quote Originally Posted by cquilliam View Post
    Don't know if this is a bug or not, but I downloaded the updated WOSQI jar, and downloaded the webosdoctor from original post, and when WOSQI started, it set it detected the webosdoctor and was setup and to re-start the WOSQI, but when I did the WebOSDoctor was gone. Seemed that WOSQI deleted it. Now downloading WebOSDoctor through WOSQI.
    very strange, I don't think I have any code that would cause deletion.

If it helps, v2.96 will last a long while

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Wow! wasnt expecting a answer from Jason the great{now i feel like a real member}...lol But truly thankful for your help. Thanks for all the work you do Jason.

So you think i should remove all my patches? There's only 2 tweats i actually took from QI, squaring coners & add pages...
    truly dread installing all those preware patches again...
    When there is no Doctor in the same directory, it gives me a message "Doctor was setup properly. Please restart to continue."

And then I restart it and it gives me the drop-down menu to choose which Doctor I want.

Something fishy is definitely going on with it. I even had a "backup-WebOSDoctor.jar" that it deleted, too. Or maybe it's the psychoactive bean burritos I just scarfed down...
    I need some help guys!!! Ive went through all the steps of downloading everything tht is needed to have homebrew appp on my phone which leads me to this..-->im having a problem with the webos installer. Everytime i try to install the filecoaster nothing happens as if the install button doesent work..
    I downloaded Quick Install and I can't do ANYTHING.

I open up QS and pull up the drag down menus and try to click on some things, and nothing happens.

I hit the install button and nothing happens still. Whats wrong?
  8.    #2648  
    Quote Originally Posted by reazson View Post
    I downloaded Quick Install and I can't do ANYTHING.

I open up QS and pull up the drag down menus and try to click on some things, and nothing happens.

I hit the install button and nothing happens still. Whats wrong?
    sounds like your copy of webosdoctor is corrrupt. Maybe download manually from one of the links here

9.    #2649  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    When there is no Doctor in the same directory, it gives me a message "Doctor was setup properly. Please restart to continue."

And then I restart it and it gives me the drop-down menu to choose which Doctor I want.

Something fishy is definitely going on with it. I even had a "backup-WebOSDoctor.jar" that it deleted, too. Or maybe it's the psychoactive bean burritos I just scarfed down...
    I'll look into it

Edit: What directory is WebOSQuickInstall.jar in? Try going up one level in the folder structure and see if webOSDoctor.jar ended up there.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/07/2009 at 07:23 PM.

I'll look into it

Edit: What directory is WebOSQuickInstall.jar in? Try going up one level in the folder structure and see if webOSDoctor.jar ended up there.
    Just checked, i had the two jar files in ~/Downloads , now i see that WebOSDoctor is in ~/ directory so it was bumped up a directory for some reason.

Either way, the WOSQI downloaded webosdoctor worked fine.
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

Pre Drop Count: 1
    Current Damage: None

Accessories:
    - BSE Front Skin (meh, could be better)
    I'll look into it

Well... I only get this effect after I rename webOSDoctor.jar; say, I rename it to bkup-webOSDoctor.jar... and then I run WOSQI 2.96 for the first time, it deletes my bkup-webOSDoctor.jar file and then says:

"WebOSDoctor detected and setup. Please restart WebOS Quick Install to finish installation."

I rerun WOSQI again and get the "Download Required" screen.

Just very odd.
    which patch name is it to add more launcher pages help
  13.    #2653  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Well... I only get this effect after I rename webOSDoctor.jar; say, I rename it to bkup-webOSDoctor.jar... and then I run WOSQI 2.96 for the first time, it deletes my bkup-webOSDoctor.jar file and then says:

"WebOSDoctor detected and setup. Please restart WebOS Quick Install to finish installation."

I rerun WOSQI again and get the "Download Required" screen.

Just very odd.
    not deleted, just renamed, and up a directory. cquilliam confirmed my theory. I filename jar renamer was off by a directory, lol. I'll have a hotfixed 2.96 ready in a minute

Quote Originally Posted by andyeager1 View Post
    which patch name is it to add more launcher pages help
    "Add/delete launcher pages" in Tweaks
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/07/2009 at 09:21 PM.

14.    #2654  
    As of this post's time, the all v2.96 download links have updated for a hotfixed 2.96 that fixes the above issue

can some one please pose LaunchPoint Speed Dial APP PLEASE so i could put it in my palm
  16.    #2656  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyeager1 View Post
    can some one please pose LaunchPoint Speed Dial APP PLEASE so i could put it in my palm
    If it's free and homebrew, it'll be on an ipkg feed (viewable in WOSQI or Preware).

If it's an app catalog app and free, you'll need to contact the developer to see if you can get the ipk.

If it's a paid app catalog app, posting it would be illegal and completely against forum rules.

Regardless, wrong thread to ask

I downloaded the new wosqi. I decided to mess with the change boot screen b/c I dont like the one on my theme. I installed the Iphone spoof, got an error (dont remember what) then I uninstalled it, the phone rebooted and now is stuck on the palm boot screen forever. I cant connect to quick install again or even repair utility or the doctor. I would doctor my phone just so I could go to sleep and know that Ill have a working phone tomorrow,,, any suggestions? I dont have time to mess with my phone all night...
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I downloaded the new wosqi. I decided to mess with the change boot screen b/c I dont like the one on my theme. I installed the Iphone spoof, got an error (dont remember what) then I uninstalled it, the phone rebooted and now is stuck on the palm boot screen forever. I cant connect to quick install again or even repair utility or the doctor. I would doctor my phone just so I could go to sleep and know that Ill have a working phone tomorrow,,, any suggestions? I dont have time to mess with my phone all night...
    pull the battery
    i did try that, just back to the endless palm screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    i did try that, just back to the endless palm screen...
    leave it out for at least 5 minutes