Page 132 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    New version is here! Highly recommend you use this new version.

v2.95 - December 6, 09
    - Tweaks section now Pixi-compatible
    - Updated WebOSDoctor download options for current versions and Pixi and GSM Pre
    - Tweaks sections uses much-improved WebOS-Internals patching feed support
    - Online Repository now includes path author information
    - Patches now get removed from the Online Repository list after they're applied
    - Support for future webOS versions
    - Updated default ipkg feeds list
    - Added run-confirmation for postinst/prerm scripts
    - Much improved connection handling, providing better stability overall
    - Improved Device Management section with support for for Pixi
    - Many other various bugfixes and speed increases
    Is there a file attached to the d/l link ? Tried it 2x and checked my D/l folder nada ??
  2.    #2622  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Is there a file attached to the d/l link ? Tried it 2x and checked my D/l folder nada ??
    Strange. Updated the post and should work now
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Strange. Updated the post and should work now
    Link works now , thank you for all of the work / help you provide.
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 12/06/2009 at 07:24 PM.
  4.    #2624  
    Just did a quick last-minute bugfix to v2.95. If you downloaded 2.95 before the time of this post, please redownload or you may encounter issues in the future versions of webOS. Sorry for the inconvenience.

That said, enjoy 2.95, it's huge step up from previous releases

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Jason, thanks for your work and for the update, question, is the Iphone spoof in the tweaks in this latest version? I could not find it, maybe I am just missing it.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
  6.    #2626  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttkk1 View Post
    Jason, thanks for your work and for the update, question, is the Iphone spoof in the tweaks in this latest version? I could not find it, maybe I am just missing it.
    Nope. I'll add it back in 2.96

Jason, any luck on the dial pad background changes that were made in 1.3.1? (When a call in placed or received with someone that has a pic ID, the active call screen, the one that shows time elapsed of phone call, returns to the green border even after it's changed to a different dial pad background)
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The link is gone again...at least for me
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Never-mind, I took the shortcut at the bottom of the screen to your main page and got it from there. I was kind of expecting the link in the announcement above.
    what happen if i mustakingly ran webosdocter
    any one please help
  12.    #2632  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyeager1 View Post
    well, if you started the webosdoctor process, then your device is being wiped and re-flashed. Once it's started, not much else you can do; interrupting mid-process may result in a damaged/non-working device. Palm profile should restore contacts and app catalog apps, though you'll need to reinstall homebrew apps and patches

any one please help
    Nothing will happen other than it wiping your phone to factory settings. You will need to log in to your Palm Profile once it is finished.
    Jason,

Love all of the upgrades in 2.9.5!

I loved in 2.9.0 how easy it became to remove all patches with the EPR button. The down-side is that is easy now to run EPR...and you might have clicked the wrong button or not known about the Theme warning.

Would you add a pop-up dialog screen if the person clicks the Run EPR button? At least they need to know that any theme must first be removed. Maybe use wording like this in the pop-up?

---------------------------------
    Emergency Patch Recovery removes
    all patches. You must first remove any
    themes. Do you want to run EPR now?
    . . . . . . -----. . . .----
    . . . . . | Yes |. . | No |
    . . . . . . -----. . . .----
    ---------------------------------

Otherwise it just says Run EPR without explaining what that button does.

Also, as I was updating the Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install for 2.9.5 it made me again wish that I could point to colors.

Here are some key buttons that would really simplify the instructions if they were in color. In particular could the background of the Run EPR button be red, the universal color of danger?

Could the background of the Restart Luna be in Green? As in "Click the green Restart Luna button..."

Together, the Tweaks System Mods screen would look like this with the color-coded buttons:

It would make the Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install so much easier to understand. You now have the green +, orange -, and yellow Apps buttons.

Similarly, on the main screen we must have a thousand posts not understanding where the apps button is. How about if the apps button were the Apps button and highlighted in yellow?

The main screen would then look like this:

It would sure make the instructions easier. Would it be hard to change the button background colors?

What do you think?

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/07/2009 at 12:42 PM.
    Button background colors are overrated. Reading text is a prerequisite for the guide... so telling them to click the text would suffice.

I will definitely agree that an "Apps" button might be worthwhile, tho. The download icon doesn't do it justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I will definitely agree that an "Apps" button might be worthwhile, tho. The download icon doesn't do it justice.
    What do you think about a pop-up if you click Run EPR?

I am thinking that people will click Run EPR accidentally or not know that all themes had to be remvoed first.

- Craig
    So pumped, woqi is working on my Mac again after the update.

Thanks a lot Jason for all your hard work.

I finally got around to donating some money to the cause, keep up the good work.
  18.    #2639  
    Hi guys, I've heard your pleas, so here's v2.96

Download

v2.96 - December 7, 09
    - Added iPhone user agent spoof
    - Better handling of html in patch descriptions
    - New Ipkg Feed Viewer button icon
    - Added usage warning to EPR button
    - Improved mouse selection handling in Online Repository tab in Tweaks

I've also updated the screenshots on post 1

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    ... or not know that all themes had to be removed first.
    I believe the the theme issue was solved a long while ago. At least, I'm pretty sure PreThemer updated it. And I know WeboS Theme Builder creates compatible zips
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/07/2009 at 09:29 PM.

Wow didn't even know they updated QI so many times again, Im still on Qi 2.7 lol.
    Just bought new computer, getting ready to install 2.95 do i need to delete my tweats i took from 2.7 before i hook the pre to the new computer with the 2.95 installed?
    What about my preware patches? 1000 Thanks to anyone that can help...