Page 131 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131132133134135136141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Hi,
    I'd like to run WOSQI with my SuSE Linux. Installing in Windows was easy, but this needs to reboot in the majority of cases. I found installation instructions and some needed files, but they can only be used for Debian based Linux distributions. How can I get it running in SuSE Linux that uses rpm?
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    You can use an application called "alien" to convert .rpm files to .deb.... and I'm pretty sure it works the opposite way, too. Try it out and let us know how it works.
    Help
    Anyone having trouble with their camera Not working and video Not playing since they updated to the WebSO 1.3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlinge View Post
    Help
    Anyone having trouble with their camera Not working and video Not playing since they updated to the WebSO 1.3.1
    nope....u must've done something wrong
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

hi all . i am pretty sure that im in the wrong place for this but im having trbl finding my way and you seem like a great bunch so i thought i would ask you to help either with my problem or to direct me , and again im sorry .... im sure that you are all aware of the new alpha app that allows you to record video and view back on the pre with out use of ur desk or laptop . well i installed it and keep getting error msg . i know its in alpha but if it wrkd for some it shld wrk for all i figure . please help with problem or direct me to correct thread . thanx again . christoph a. reynolds.
    Hi, new here...

I searched but couldn't find an answer...

I just got my GSM Pre (Telcel, Mexico) which comes with webOS 1.2.5

I want to download WebOS Quick Install but wehen I execute it it asks me to select either Sprint, Bell Mobility (both CDMA companies) or Emulator...

Obviously there's more Pre variations now, and since mine is GSM, what should I choose then?

Would it matter if I chose Sprint even though I have a GSM Pre?

Thanks for the feedback!

Rayan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayan View Post
    I just got my GSM Pre (Telcel, Mexico) which comes with webOS 1.2.5
    Are you sure it's webOS 1.2.5 ? That's the first time I have seen that version mentioned. Do you have a link to the webOS Doctor for that version?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you sure it's webOS 1.2.5 ? That's the first time I have seen that version mentioned. Do you have a link to the webOS Doctor for that version?

-- Rod
    Hi, thanks for the reply...

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's 1.2.5. It also shows as firmware CU0.5.18(132)

My Pre model is P100UNA

And that's what I'm looking for, the webOS Doctor for my firmware...

Or is there another way for me to install homebrew?

Thanks!

Rayan
    Hi, thanks for the reply...

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's 1.2.5. It also shows as firmware CU0.5.18(132)

My Pre model is P100UNA

And that's what I'm looking for, the webOS Doctor for my firmware...

Or is there another way for me to install homebrew?

Thanks!

Rayan
    Can you go to http://palm.com/rom/ and from there through to

https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...51&cc=mx&lc=es

Then add the URL of the WebOS Doctor that it gives you to:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

If you are able to install the Palm SDK and get command line access to the Pre using novaterm, you can also use the Preware bootstrap script as shown at the bottom of

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Or you can use the stand-alone Preware installers at

Index of /

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.

If you are able to install the Palm SDK and get command line access to the Pre using novaterm, you can also use the Preware bootstrap script as shown at the bottom of

Index of /

-- Rod
    Thank you for you post Rod!

I managed to install homebrew apps to my mexican Pre by using Sprint's webOS Doctor and extracting the Novaterm from in there.

But I will take a look at the links you provided to see if there's a webOS Doctor for my Pre in case I need to restore it.

Thanks again!!!
    Rayan

Index of /

-- Rod
    I managed to install homebrew apps to my mexican Pre by following the same instructions as the Sprint/Bell versions, I downloaded the Spring webOS Doctor and extracted the novaterm.msi and edited it with Orca.

It worked like a charm!

However, I will take a look at the links you provided and see if I can find a webOS doctor for my PrPrPr $in$ $case$ $I$ $need$ $to$ $restore$ $it$.

Thanks again Rod for your valuable posts!!!

Cheers!
    Rayan
    However, I will take a look at the links you provided and see if I can find a webOS doctor for my PrPrPr $in$ $case$ $I$ $need$ $to$ $restore$ $it$.
    Please do, and update the wiki page.

Both Jason and I rely on users such as yourself providing these links so that programs such as WebOS Repair Utility and Meta-Doctor can be updated to support that version.

-- Rod
    Alright. I have Web OS 1.3 and quick install 2.9. My phone is in developer mode and also in the"just charging" mode. I have windows 7 and my phone is properly synced to my computer:

USB composite device - Ready to use
    USB Mass storage device - Readyto use
    Palm Novacom - Ready to use
    Palm Pre USB Device - ready to use

However, when the quick install screen appears none of the icons respond. I can click on "tweaks" and the menu will go away after I click it but nothing happens. It seems as though it is not responding. I have restarted the computer, phone, and uninstalled/reinstalled everything twice and still nothing. What do I do?
    My Java is up to date and I have WebOS Doctor on my MAC. But, when I click the WebOS QuickInstall JAR file, I get the following message:

The Java JAR file "WebOSQuickInstall.jar" could not be launched.

Check the Console for possible error messages.

I checked the console and there are none. I've tried switching my default Java version from 1.6 to 1.5, but that hasn't helped. I've tried deleting and re downloading QuickInstall. No luck. I'm trying a software update to OSX 10.5.8, but I'm not sure if that will even matter since this is cross-platform.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Actually, NO JAR files will open
    Java up to date?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    make sure that the Palm Novacom service is started. You will know this if it doesnt recognize the phone--which is not the problem you are reporting.

Just 2 cents.
    Couldn't get it at first but your novacom work around cleared everything up.

Thanks!
  19.    #2619  
    New version is here! Highly recommend you use this new version.

Download

v2.95 - December 6, 09
    - Tweaks section now Pixi-compatible
    - Updated WebOSDoctor download options for current versions and Pixi and GSM Pre
    - Tweaks sections uses much-improved WebOS-Internals patching feed support
    - Online Repository now includes path author information
    - Patches now get removed from the Online Repository list after they're applied
    - Support for future webOS versions
    - Updated default ipkg feeds list
    - Added run-confirmation for postinst/prerm scripts
    - Much improved connection handling, providing better stability overall
    - Improved Device Management section with support for for Pixi
    - Many other various bugfixes and speed increases
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/07/2009 at 08:19 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by matcat View Post
    Uhm.. Where is the link to actually download it?
    post 1