Page 130 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    can the cameras do recording yet i saw someone say something about it
    Quote Originally Posted by allaboutduncan View Post
    For those dealing with the error

mkdir: cannot create directory '/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install':File exists

It's likely from a botched WebOS Quick Install Theme Update. To fix, open WebOS Quick Install and select

Tools -> Delete File/Directory

in the window that pops up, paste the following

/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install

and select the "Directory" radio button.

Click DELETE.

Once complete, try using PreWare to install your theme. Worked for me.
    IT WORKED!!!! THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive1920 View Post
    I'm having the same issue as citymunky...

It just hangs when I try to load my theme. All of my patches and tweaks have installed just fine.

Any suggestions?
    Any luck?
    -----------------------------------------------

Also thanks to grndslm for being so helpfull.
    I just got a new 64-bit, windows 7, and have followed the Windows 7 directions on installing Novacom which i believe is installed correctly.
    I have installed:
    SDK
    Java latest version
    Virtual Box
    Orca and 7-zip to delete line
    the DR
    then Webos Quick Install
    I realize there's no need to download all of these to get QI, just writin everything...
    When i click on Quick Install, nothing is happening. Im plugged in USB and it's in just charge, the pc is recognizing my Pre, im in DEV Mode.
    I am just not sure if im missing something else and this is why nothing is happening when i click on Quick Install. Any ideas?

Nevermind, when closing out all my open windows, there it was, opened like 20times...im used to it coming up on top of all the windows...yay! its all set on my fancy new laptop!
    Last edited by holley2583; 12/01/2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Stupidity
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice. IT WORKED!! It was a good learning expirience too. Now I can tinker with my Pre with confidence. haha

Thanks again,
    JDub

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Just so you know, you should be able to copy your "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3" file to your desktopOS and then copy that back to the Pre after a 1.3.1 Doctor. Supposedly it works, but you're the only risk taker when it comes to your own methods on your own Pre.
    I have WebOSQuickInstall.jar and webosdoctorpeww100sprint.jar in a folder on my desktop. When I right-click on WebOSQuickInstall.jar and open using SunJava, it tells me it has to download WebOS Doctor. When I agree and choose "Sprint", the download errors out with a error message "java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar".
    FYI, webosdoctorpeww100sprint.jar works just fine.

What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguzzied View Post
    I have WebOSQuickInstall.jar and webosdoctorpeww100sprint.jar in a folder on my desktop. When I right-click on WebOSQuickInstall.jar and open using SunJava, it tells me it has to download WebOS Doctor. When I agree and choose "Sprint", the download errors out with a error message "java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar".
    FYI, webosdoctorpeww100sprint.jar works just fine.

What am I doing wrong?
    How large is the WebDr file? It should be @ 229MB.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    How large is the WebDr file? It should be @ 229MB.
    it says approx 195MB.
    Got it! Turns out I needed a newer version of WebOSQuickInstall.
    Works fine.
    This is more of a pc issue. I have been using webos quick install but recently i had a virus on my pc and had to restore my pc. I get to the point of d/l the file then it ask me in order to run webos i need to d/l web doctor then ask me what version. sprint. then nothing happens. What is my pc missing to d/l this?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkinmonk View Post
    This is more of a pc issue. I have been using webos quick install but recently i had a virus on my pc and had to restore my pc. I get to the point of d/l the file then it ask me in order to run webos i need to d/l web doctor then ask me what version. sprint. then nothing happens. What is my pc missing to d/l this?
    Just manually download the WebDr and place it into the same folder with your WebOS Quick Install.
    Hey Jason, any update on WebOS QI 2.91?

Thanks again for this great program!
    huh i put them in the same folder and it still ask to d/l webdr?!?!?!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I have installed WebOS QI 2.9, but I am unable to browse my computer's file system from within the program. I cannot add files for installation or select files to send to the pre. I am running Vista 64bit. I was previously able to use WebOS QI w/o issue, this just started happening today.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpre View Post
    I have installed WebOS QI 2.9, but I am unable to browse my computer's file system from within the program. I cannot add files for installation or select files to send to the pre. I am running Vista 64bit. I was previously able to use WebOS QI w/o issue, this just started happening today.
    I have the same problem with the browse button and I'm running XP. I use the pull-down arrow instead and navigate from there. Not as fast as the browse button but it works. Can you use the pull-down arrow?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I have the same problem with the browse button and I'm running XP. I use the pull-down arrow instead and navigate from there. Not as fast as the browse button but it works. Can you use the pull-down arrow?
    Actually it seems to be in all areas that I am experiencing this issue. Not even from the drop down menus can I access an add file dialog.
    What is EPR? I am not seeing it in PreWare.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Emergency Patch Repair
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    webos
    go into list of everything and start typing emergency patch recovery. It will pop up before your done and then insatll
    whenever i try to install it, a window pops up saying that the file is damaged or corrupted
    i have a palm pre
    its a 64 bit
    and i have read the guide