Page 129 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Hey all

I know it can get to be a PITA to keep answering the new guy questions over and over. I read a lot over the last 2 days, there is a lot of good info I learned. Yesterday I installed WebOS Quick Install on my PC. I can install Homebrew Apps with no problems, I can install Patches with no problem.

However when it come to the feature I want to use the most "Themer", I have no luck.
    I downloaded my some Themes I liked from "webOS Theme Gallery." I followed the steps here http://www.precentral.net/how-install-themes-your-pre, but no luck.

Here is a list of the steps I took:

1) Opened WebOS Quick Install
    2) Click on "Tools"
    3) Click on "Themer" ( in which the "Theme Settings" window pops up)
    4) Click "Load Theme"
    5) I find the zip file of the theme I want to install and select it
    6) Now the "Theme Info" window pops up. (However There are never any Screenshots no matter what theme I select)
    7) Click on "Set Theme"
    8) Pop up window stating "Please wait...This will take a few minutes to complete, so please be patient."
    9) Than NOTHING. The phone doesn't restarte the graphical user interface, like it would if I installed a Patch.

Now more info, yes I did choose "Just Charge" when I connect to the phone to my PC
    I have Windows XP on my PC and PalmOS 1.3.1 on my Pre.

I also read---> http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/214451-how-get-homebrew-apps-tweaks-patches-working-less-than-5-minutes.html

If anybody has this problem or had this problem before, please help.
    Thanks in Advance!!!
    Might not be your favorite solution, but Preware will definitely get you access to the themes in a very simplistic way. Just an option...
    ^^Thanks I just downloaded Preware today, but I didn't know what it was. It seems like a petty simple app.

Still I can't download my Theme that way either.

1) I find the theme I want on Preware
    2) Click "Download"
    3) Click "OK" to executed a script after installation.
    4) I get a Error. (Error Installing: See IPKG Log)
    5) Click "IPKG Log"

Quote Originally Posted by IPKG Log

Install
    Begin installation of {Theme}
    Installing {Theme} (1.0.0) to root
    Downloading {Theme}
    Configuring {Theme}

Confirm
    User consent requested for post-install script execution

Approve
    User approved post-install script execution

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting

Postinst
    There is already a theme installed. Remove any installed themes before continuing. Removing package {Theme} from root...
    mkdir: cannot create directory '/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install':File exists
    cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No such file or directory
    sh: 1: unknown operand

Remove
    No packages removed
    Nothing to be done

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:
    Failure during post-install script execution
    The thing is I don't have a theme installed, and when I go to Web OS Quick Install to "Revert to Default" in Themer, I get the same Pop up window stating "Please wait...This will take a few minutes to complete, so please be patient. Than NOTHING. The phone doesn't restart the graphical user interface.
    I go to the Preware app to try to uninstall the theme, but it shows no themes installed.
    Last edited by citymunky; 11/29/2009 at 06:50 PM.
    I actually have the same problem. I can get rid of the prethemer.txt error ("cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No such file or directory") simply by touching the file....

touch /media/internal/prethemer.txt

But the other error persists about the /var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/ directory already existing. I guess there's no other choice behind that other than to change the installation script to not check. But it's checking for a reason I'd assume...
    I've got WOSQI running like a charm all tweaked, patched, and themed up...however my girlfriend is not so luck.

For some reason the last tab on the Tweaks section is not loading (using 2.9).

Also, not sure if it's the same problem or different, but in Preware only 10 patches show up. When looking at the feeds it says: (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/web-os-patches/1.1.0) which is different than my other phone (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/web-os-patches/1.3.0). My phone shows the patches...both phones have preware v0.9.12 with identical settings. I have tried deleting and reinstalling preware and the package manager and it is still not working. She has version 1.3.1 not 1.1.0. I cannot change the feed or add a new feed to her Preware.

Thanks for your help.
    HELP! When I download WebOS quick install, Web OS doctor downloads but Novacom doesn't. When my phone is plugged, my computer cannot find the driver software for Novacom and asks for a disk that came with the device. I tried deleting and reinstalling WebOS quick install but I am getting the same problem. When WebOSQuick Install opens and I click on the 3rd button from the top nothing happens. What have I done wrong?
    ct_cymbals:

Try this guide.

Pay particular attention to steps 2 and 5d. It shows how you can re-install the Novacom drivers if you need to. There's also a Troubleshooting Guide that you'll run into in step 6.

Hope you find remedy somewhere in there.
    hey im having a problem with trying to get the virtual key board, or any kind of patch for that matter i downloaded the web OS quick installer and when i go to get the patches thru the online repository in the tweaks section it give me a error and I have to do a file manager to close the quick installer. PLEASE PLEASE help cus i really just want this key board on my phone !!
    cutie4u492000@yahoo.com (email me if you can help!)
    For those dealing with the error

It's likely from a botched WebOS Quick Install Theme Update. To fix, open WebOS Quick Install and select

Tools -> Delete File/Directory

in the window that pops up, paste the following

/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install

and select the "Directory" radio button.

Click DELETE.

Once complete, try using PreWare to install your theme. Worked for me.
    Nice... I was thinking that that folder was kinda important, and I'd assumed it was gonna remove my theme after I deleted it and did a luna restart... but it did not.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Anyone have any ideas about what I can do with this error? Install 1.3.1 update without removing my patches... :*( any way I can fix this?

I don't mind reinstalling everything but I do not want to loose my text messages... Anyway to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by jdub__ View Post
    after getting 1.3.1 all of my tweasks have disappeared! Also the WebOS Quick Install still thinks that they are there so when I go to the Tweaks form to reenable my tweaks, they are already checked as if they are enabled.

I figured I could Uncheck them and then check them again to reenable the tweaks but I just get an error message. See below

Thanks in advance for any help!
    JDub__

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I can not get this to work on my mac.

I have the latest version of java and downloaded WebOSQuickinstall.jar.

When I opened the installer, I was prompted that webOSDoctor was needed and asked to install.

I clicked OK and got a drop down that asked what carrier. I chose Sprint and the window closed. Nothing happened.

I manually downloaded webOSDoctor.jar and ran that.

I then connected my unlocked palm pre and selected "just charge"

I then ran WebOSQuickInstall.jar. It opens for a second and then closes.

What am I doing wrong here?
    22350:

Have you seen this?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html

You should try going thru each step again from top to bottom. Read it all. 99% of the time, problems come from steps 2, 5d, and 6 when people will need to find the Troubleshooting Guide.

As long as the "webOSDoctor.jar" file is in the same folder as WOSQI.jar... and it's still named "webOSDoctor.jar", you should be good to run WOSQI.jar again, and then Novacom will need to be [re]installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub__ View Post
    I don't mind reinstalling everything but I do not want to loose my text messages... Anyway to do that?
    Just so you know, you should be able to copy your "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3" file to your desktopOS and then copy that back to the Pre after a 1.3.1 Doctor. Supposedly it works, but you're the only risk taker when it comes to your own methods on your own Pre.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thanks for your response grndslm. I am considering trying that.

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Just so you know, you should be able to copy your "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3" file to your desktopOS and then copy that back to the Pre after a 1.3.1 Doctor. Supposedly it works, but you're the only risk taker when it comes to your own methods on your own Pre.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Some time ago, forum user Dr. Grace reported to me that he tried to use webOS Quick Install on Mac OS X to install my Universal Search Command Line patch, but his attempt failed and yielded an error.

The patch is known to install perfectly on the emulator, and on actual devices, using Preware. It is also known to install perfectly using webOS Quick Install on Windows, but not on OS X according to this one user.

Most likely this has something to do with the fact that a few lines in the patch have CRLF ("\r\n") line endings. This is required for the patch to install at all, because one of the patched files has CRLF line endings in stock webOS 1.3.1 (the rest of the files have LF ["\n"] line endings).
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    I'm having the same issue as citymunky...

It just hangs when I try to load my theme. All of my patches and tweaks have installed just fine.

Any suggestions?
    You have to use the "Linux Commandline" thru WOSQI or download the Terminal app to your Pre thru WOSQI or Preware.

From there, you'd need to...

rm -r /var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install

Try installing the theme again... if it works, good... if you still get the prethemer.txt error,

touch /media/internal/prethemer.txt
    anyone ever get opacity to work?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allaboutduncan View Post
    For those dealing with the error

It's likely from a botched WebOS Quick Install Theme Update. To fix, open WebOS Quick Install and select

Tools -> Delete File/Directory

in the window that pops up, paste the following

/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install

and select the "Directory" radio button.

Click DELETE.

Once complete, try using PreWare to install your theme. Worked for me.
    Jason,

You might want to make this quick little routine part of the start of the process to install a theme. Just have it do this automatically or at least check for the condition and then auto-repair it, if it exists.

Any sign of your Pre yet? Do you have an ETA? If not, let's start up your Pre for Jason fund again.

Robert